Rest In Peace, lomiller1

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Ah man. This is quite sad. All the best to his family. I hope he wasn't in too much pain. Great personality here on the boards. He really loved his Jets.

+++++++

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

- Dylan Thomas

Last edited:

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Very sad news.

All the best to his family, friends, and anyone who knew him in person or cared for him. Always toughest when it's closest to oneself

His posts will forever live on here. Our HFJets community meant a lot to him for him to share his health challenges with us on here and I hope the support helped to put a smile on his face

Posting here one day, gone the next... rest in peace Lowell.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
You fought that illness hard like hell Lowell. Rest easy friend, you are no longer in pain. My condolences to your family, loved ones and the members on this board who supported you all the way through your battle with this terrble disease.

Heartbreaking. F**k cancer.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I'm not sure if I get to have my own thread for this. If there is a more suitable thread by all means move it or remove it.

I've been on treatment for Stage 4 (Metastatic) Colon Cancer almost continually for the last 18 months and the results have been generally really good allowing me an active high quality life in that time. In the short periods where I haven't been on treatment, however, things have not gone so well with the Cancer advancing quickly and aggressively. I recently decided to take a short break for a trip with the intent of starting a new treatment when I returned.

Unfortunately I had some major medical issues arise while I was on the trip. This has left me in a great deal of pain and I now have a heart condition which is a major problem for Cancer treatment. The treatments themselves can be very hard on the heart so there is a significant risk of death. On the other hand in a recent discussion with my Oncologist she feels that without treatment I only have another 2-3 months to live. Nonetheless she opposes putting me back on treatment and instead put me in palliative care to manage the pain.

It may be rash but I've elected to ignore that advice and restart my treatments so Monday I go in for a treatment that the doctor says may kill me. Wish me luck. If things go well I'll try to get back with some form of an update next week. If things go badly I want to thank everyone for all the fun discussions over the years. Thanks all.
Rest in peace lomiller1

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
No man is an island,
Entire of itself.
Each is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thine own