Rest In Peace, lomiller1

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
I'm not sure if I get to have my own thread for this. If there is a more suitable thread by all means move it or remove it.

I've been on treatment for Stage 4 (Metastatic) Colon Cancer almost continually for the last 18 months and the results have been generally really good allowing me an active high quality life in that time. In the short periods where I haven't been on treatment, however, things have not gone so well with the Cancer advancing quickly and aggressively. I recently decided to take a short break for a trip with the intent of starting a new treatment when I returned.

Unfortunately I had some major medical issues arise while I was on the trip. This has left me in a great deal of pain and I now have a heart condition which is a major problem for Cancer treatment. The treatments themselves can be very hard on the heart so there is a significant risk of death. On the other hand in a recent discussion with my Oncologist she feels that without treatment I only have another 2-3 months to live. Nonetheless she opposes putting me back on treatment and instead put me in palliative care to manage the pain.

It may be rash but I've elected to ignore that advice and restart my treatments so Monday I go in for a treatment that the doctor says may kill me. Wish me luck. If things go well I'll try to get back with some form of an update next week. If things go badly I want to thank everyone for all the fun discussions over the years. Thanks all.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'm not sure if I get to have my own thread for this. If there is a more suitable thread by all means move it or remove it.

I've been on treatment for Stage 4 (Metastatic) Colon Cancer almost continually for the last 18 months and the results have been generally really good allowing me an active high quality life in that time. In the short periods where I haven't been on treatment, however, things have not gone so well with the Cancer advancing quickly and aggressively. I recently decided to take a short break for a trip with the intent of starting a new treatment when I returned.

Unfortunately I had some major medical issues arise while I was on the trip. This has left me in a great deal of pain and I now have a heart condition which is a major problem for Cancer treatment. The treatments themselves can be very hard on the heart so there is a significant risk of death. On the other hand in a recent discussion with my Oncologist she feels that without treatment I only have another 2-3 months to live. Nonetheless she opposes putting me back on treatment and instead put me in palliative care to manage the pain.

It may be rash but I've elected to ignore that advice and restart my treatments so Monday I go in for a treatment that the doctor says may kill me. Wish me luck. If things go well I'll try to get back with some form of an update next week. If things go badly I want to thank everyone for all the fun discussions over the years. Thanks all.
Thank you all your many contributions to this board.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015

best of luck, hope it goes well and you are able to come back!

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
2b86cc7bbb577200661c4de61bf6cb3a.gif

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Sending every good vibe in my body and universe directly to you.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Every night before bed I huddle up with my two kids and we take turns sharing one thing we are each grateful for, and we always add one person each that we send positive energy to that needs our help.

I’ll sneak you in tonight, our track record has been really strong. You’ve got this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad