Rest In Peace, lomiller1

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
please keep us posted as long as you can if you don't mind. I have rechecked this thread multiple times today. I know I'm not the only one.

Sorry for making you check back like that :(. I did have an update on the previous page.

Short version is that I managed to hit option 3 on a 2 option question. An infection blocked me from receiving most of the treatment so no questions at all were answered today. I'm going to be delayed until either the infection is resolved or an alternative it put in place, both of which cost time which is bad news.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That was anticlimactic. Shortly into the treatment I got uncontrollable shivering and then a fever. Like not associated with the treatment, it's probability on infection in the port they use to inject the chemo, so I spent the day in urgent care until the fever came down.

The problem is that If they can't use the port they can't give me any treatments, possibly for a couple more weeks and the clock is still ticking on on that front.

Thanks for the update. We’re here for you.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Sorry for making you check back like that :(. I did have an update on the previous page.

Short version is that I managed to hit option 3 on a 2 option question. An infection blocked me from receiving most of the treatment so no questions at all were answered today. I'm going to be delayed until either the infection is resolved or an alternative it put in place, both of which cost time which is bad news.
Know that there are many here thinking of you.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That was anticlimactic. Shortly into the treatment I got uncontrollable shivering and then a fever. Like not associated with the treatment, it's probability on infection in the port they use to inject the chemo, so I spent the day in urgent care until the fever came down.

The problem is that If they can't use the port they can't give me any treatments, possibly for a couple more weeks and the clock is still ticking on on that front.

Not what you would call good news but I'm happy to see that you can still post here. Hang in there buddy.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Keep us posted. We're all rooting for you and we're all sorry you and yours has to go through this. Let me know if you need anything.

I agree with Atoyot. Lets us know if there's anything we can do.

Really hoping that this was just a minor setback and the chemo goes well the next time.

Just to add to the above - please don't hesitate to ask if there is anything you need. Whatever it may be the group here can probably provide, or are at least willing. Might be as simple as transportation. Whatever.

NorthStar

Dec 24, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Oh man.. hope ya gonna get well enough... and cancer can suck big time as I would know due to my mom's cancer and her passing many years ago.. we have been bitten by cancer in the family a few times with some passings but one of my aunts had a rare blood cancer and she beat that one... so hang in there man and we hope to see ya back here posting as usual like before... good luck and speedy recovery!

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
12 hours ago, I got a 12 hour ban on Twitter for telling some piece of shit troll account exactly what I hoped they'd do if they were left alone in a jail cell with only their thoughts and a loaded shotgun.

And while I stand by my assessment as to what a subhuman piece of shit they were, it nevertheless gave me cause for reflection as to how I spend my time and energy on social media.

And I really hope that someday, I develop the wisdom needed to ignore such cretins and instead spend my energy trying to boost @lomiller1 instead, because the Jets are playing f***ing awesome and best of all, they have room to improve -- Bucky still needs to regress to his mean, and Vilardi and Heinola are on the horizon.

I probably won't, TBH, because that's my single biggest character flaw -- I don't suffer fools well, which kind of sucks living as we do in this age of unprecedented fools.

But it merits saying, again, that we fellow humans (AI be damned) are cheering for you in every way imaginable.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Hi everyone. Sorry it was so log between updates. It turns out I had a pretty serious infection that could treated by intravenous anti-antibiotics so I had to stay in the hospital for the last week.

As usual the staff at the Vic was great to me. They could have sent me to HSC but I did end up staying at the Vic. They found me a bed in a recovery area for people with Alzheimers, or they were just trying to tell me something lol. Either way they treated me very well.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Hi everyone. Sorry it was so log between updates. It turns out I had a pretty serious infection that could treated by intravenous anti-antibiotics so I had to stay in the hospital for the last week.

As usual the staff at the Vic was great to me. They could have sent me to HSC but I did end up staying at the Vic. They found me a bed in a recovery area for people with Alzheimers, or they were just trying to tell me something lol. Either way they treated me very well.

Awesome to hear! I just lost my mom to cancer, but I can’t imagine what you’re going through.

imec

Sponsor
Aug 29, 2013
Winnipeg

Great news! All the best going forward!

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Awesome to hear! I just lost my mom to cancer, but I can’t imagine what you’re going through.
Sorry for your troubles, my spouse's Dad passed with lung cancer about 2 months ago, real nice guy (lifer Jets fan too) and we miss him dearly.

Go @lomiller1 go - good to get that piece of news.

Last edited:

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Hey @lomiller1. Just learned about your situation. Hang in there brother. Thanks for your insights here all of these years. You are clearly a fighter and that is to be celebrated! I lost my father to cancer and there is a blessing - nothing need be left un-said with your loved ones. I am cheering for your full recovery!

Reactions: GNP and Jets 31

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad