Rest In Peace, lomiller1

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
RIP lomiller1. Sincere condolences to your family and friends. When I read his first update to us of his medical diagnosis I was tempted to post and just say something. Anything really would have been fine, just to let him know that he wasn't alone. I suspect he knew that, but it was an opportunity missed. I know. I'm walking the same path at the moment that he was, and hoping for a better outcome, but I'm lacking in confidence there. I was also colon cancer, but only stage 3. Things have been ok since surgery and chemo, and I'm approaching my one year anniversary of finishing treatment - with tests coming up soon. Fingers crossed but dark thoughts are there. When you know, you kinda know. I haven't been the same person physically since treatment. I'm a few years older than lomiller1 - not a lot of years, but maybe its just age related aches, pain and fatigue. lol.

So cancer sucks, but I think it's worse and maybe harder for those around us. I've thought a lot about that and as I prepare mentally for the bad news, I have come to the conclusion that for me its real and therefore we deal. We have to deal with it, and so we do and we move forward and make our peace. For my wife, family and others, it's less personal or less decisive maybe and therefore more uncertain but definitely longer lasting. So more difficult for them. I could be wrong though. Kinda hope so in a way.

I'm not looking for any sympathy really, just felt I needed to express something in this forum for my sake and to share my thoughts - that cancer sucks - and importantly, that this years Jets have given me more pleasure than I expected them to - thanks guys. This forum always gives me pleasure as well - so thanks to you all for that as well. As I said, not looking for sympathy. Just needed to voice my inner thoughts out loud, but not out loud. Thanks for listening. Go Jets Go!!!
I'm now seven years out from my original diagnosis and treatment. Not the same cancer you and lomiller1 had to deal with but cancer nonetheless. The dark thoughts remain in the background - why is that aching or itching? What if...? I'm not sure if that means anything to you but I don't think they ever go away. Your/our mortality is real, many are fortunate enough to not have to face that reality with the hard slap that cancer brings.

Pulling for positive outcomes in your upcoming tests. Hang in there fellow slurpee lover.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
RIP lomiller1. Sincere condolences to your family and friends. When I read his first update to us of his medical diagnosis I was tempted to post and just say something. Anything really would have been fine, just to let him know that he wasn't alone. I suspect he knew that, but it was an opportunity missed. I know. I'm walking the same path at the moment that he was, and hoping for a better outcome, but I'm lacking in confidence there. I was also colon cancer, but only stage 3. Things have been ok since surgery and chemo, and I'm approaching my one year anniversary of finishing treatment - with tests coming up soon. Fingers crossed but dark thoughts are there. When you know, you kinda know. I haven't been the same person physically since treatment. I'm a few years older than lomiller1 - not a lot of years, but maybe its just age related aches, pain and fatigue. lol.

So cancer sucks, but I think it's worse and maybe harder for those around us. I've thought a lot about that and as I prepare mentally for the bad news, I have come to the conclusion that for me its real and therefore we deal. We have to deal with it, and so we do and we move forward and make our peace. For my wife, family and others, it's less personal or less decisive maybe and therefore more uncertain but definitely longer lasting. So more difficult for them. I could be wrong though. Kinda hope so in a way.

I'm not looking for any sympathy really, just felt I needed to express something in this forum for my sake and to share my thoughts - that cancer sucks - and importantly, that this years Jets have given me more pleasure than I expected them to - thanks guys. This forum always gives me pleasure as well - so thanks to you all for that as well. As I said, not looking for sympathy. Just needed to voice my inner thoughts out loud, but not out loud. Thanks for listening. Go Jets Go!!!
Positive thoughts going out to you, and that you'll get great news with your next test results.

Reactions: slurpee addict

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad