Rest In Peace, lomiller1

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
Thank you for opening up and sharing.

I haven’t gone through this but I can imagine what you are growing through.

I admire greatly your fight and willpower. It is an inspiration to keep on going no matter what the world sends our way.

I am a Christian and I know prayer works so I will will be praying for strength and healing with my prayer group for you and your family.

I truly mean this my friend when I say God Bless you.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm not sure if I get to have my own thread for this. If there is a more suitable thread by all means move it or remove it.

I've been on treatment for Stage 4 (Metastatic) Colon Cancer almost continually for the last 18 months and the results have been generally really good allowing me an active high quality life in that time. In the short periods where I haven't been on treatment, however, things have not gone so well with the Cancer advancing quickly and aggressively. I recently decided to take a short break for a trip with the intent of starting a new treatment when I returned.

Unfortunately I had some major medical issues arise while I was on the trip. This has left me in a great deal of pain and I now have a heart condition which is a major problem for Cancer treatment. The treatments themselves can be very hard on the heart so there is a significant risk of death. On the other hand in a recent discussion with my Oncologist she feels that without treatment I only have another 2-3 months to live. Nonetheless she opposes putting me back on treatment and instead put me in palliative care to manage the pain.

It may be rash but I've elected to ignore that advice and restart my treatments so Monday I go in for a treatment that the doctor says may kill me. Wish me luck. If things go well I'll try to get back with some form of an update next week. If things go badly I want to thank everyone for all the fun discussions over the years. Thanks all.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you make a speedy recovery.

200-Apr-05-2022-02-39-09-75-PM.gif

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
That was anticlimactic. Shortly into the treatment I got uncontrollable shivering and then a fever. Like not associated with the treatment, it's probability on infection in the port they use to inject the chemo, so I spent the day in urgent care until the fever came down.

The problem is that If they can't use the port they can't give me any treatments, possibly for a couple more weeks and the clock is still ticking on on that front.

Reactions: Romang67

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
That was anticlimactic. Shortly into the treatment I got uncontrollable shivering and then a fever. Like not associated with the treatment, it's probability on infection in the port they use to inject the chemo, so I spent the day in urgent care until the fever came down.

The problem is that If they can't use the port they can't give me any treatments, possibly for a couple more weeks and the clock is still ticking on on that front.
Keep us posted. We're all rooting for you and we're all sorry you and yours has to go through this. Let me know if you need anything.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016

Keep us posted. We're all rooting for you and we're all sorry you and yours has to go through this. Let me know if you need anything.

I agree with Atoyot. Lets us know if there's anything we can do.

Really hoping that this was just a minor setback and the chemo goes well the next time.

Reactions: Atoyot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad