I sum it up like this
All year

if Laine is with Schiefele and Wheeler he scores 50 goals
if Ehlers is with Schiefele and Wheeler he scores 35 - 40 goals
If Connor is with Schiefele and Wheeler he scores 30 - 35 goals

:)

If Copp plays with Schiefele and Wheeler all year he scores 15 - 20 goals
;)

That's how good #55 and #26 are. Top 10 C and top 5 Winger in the league!!!

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
JETS played a great game today.
HELLY had that game saver save.. !!!

Trouba will probably want to sign here long term now :) instead of DETROIT ;)

Good times for JETS fans all over.

GO FOR THE 1st SEED, don't listen to Blake Wheeler :) :) :)

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Look at that freakin' goal differential:

upload_2018-2-19_3-5-7.png

giphy.gif

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
We lose Dano (Waivers) if Roslo ( he should) sticks with the big club once Tanev and Lowry gets back ?

Someone needs to go down.

I wonder if when we are healthy if Armia goes on a short stint to the IR?
Someone else suggested that it's likely a procedure that can only be done at the end of the season.
I'm in the camp that thinks he's playing on a bad leg or something like that.
That could buy the Jets more time to sort out the roster.

It would suck to not see a high level Armia again this season.

Reactions: ps241

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Well that's the second game I had spoiled this week.
I've become close to a master at this (recording the game and starting after it ends - sometimes - without knowing the score).
Tuesday I overheard a conversation after a sports game and that took away a bit of the glory of the Caps win.

Tonight however was the strangest one of the 2.0 era.

I was at the in-laws for dinner.
They recorded the game and we started watching around 8:15 or so.
There's always lots of jokes about how uptight I am about finding out the score.
This was mentioned multiple times at dinner.

So, we're watching the game.
I think it was 1-1 or maybe 2-1 Jets and my fiance's dad reads out the score from his phone as 4 - 2...

I just had to shake my head.
WE'RE watching the game together...
I had an internal meltdown but kept it together as the man is 80 years old.

NEW rule no more watching delayed games at the in-laws!
That or I'm confiscating their devices.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Wow.

CSW: They had BBD under control all night. Connor shined a bit brighter than S and W with his two goals. Wheeler and Scheifele created so. much. offense. Seeing them go behind Reimer's net was pure bliss; you could expect a high danger chance coming our way at any second. And a lot of them did (Wheeler 8, Connor/Scheif 7 HDCF).

PLR: Mathieu MFing Perreault, what a player. No escape, no giving up, all efficiency. I'm just repeating myself at this point: he led by example and caused so many problems for Florida's defense by relentlessly fighting for the puck. So glad to see him rewarded with a goal. Little was all kinds of reliable; only five CA for him and Roslovic, which is the lowest out of all Jets tonight. Roslovic played very responsibly, which is downright beautiful from a guy with less than twenty games under his belt. How the future unfolds for him, I do not know, but f***, am I eager to find out.

ECL: That's a first. I actually liked this line; Copp seemed to do a lot of puck retrieving, which went well with Ehlers, who held the puck and treid to create things with it (with varying levels of success). Aside from his great goal, Laine was a bit invisible (which by no means should be confused with bad), for he did not get a lot of shots off. They murdered their primary matchup of McGinn-McCann-McVrbata.

PHA: I've seen better. I agree with those who did not like Armia; he has been in a slump recently. Thank god he can still be a threat on the forecheck, which he showcased in this one. Hendricks was his usual self, and I did not think Petan was too bad (outside of one or two careless plays that led to turnovers).

44-57: The worst three-point performance I can think of for Myers. The defensive game still does not instill confidence in my mind, which was said during the game by several people. Offensively, things seem to work out... the Little goal was a beautiful creation of Myers'. Morrissey was decent; I have not noticed him too much as of late, which is not necessarily a bad thing, but he has not been as dominant as he has been at his best.

39-33: Holy Buff, what a game. Led the team in Corsi with 74.29%, and was a general nuisance all over the ice. He had some beautiful reads and plays in the O-zone which resulted in dangerous scoring chances. Enstrom struggled a bit, but overall, he did quite well too. These two had the difficult task of going up against Barkov and Dadonov, by the way.

5-7: If you're willing to look past Dadonov undressing him, Kulikov had a solid night. I loved the back check that prevented a breakaway. Chiarot continues his string of uncharacteristically good performances. Good to see his physicality in there without Lowry and Tanev's presences.

37: A shutout at ES = amazing. Some highway robberies in there, too.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Just too much speed, skill and size. Teams can’t handle it

Wicked game tonight, everybody played extremely well, pretty much perfect...

Our new line combos are too sick, It would be pretty intesting to see how good we would do by replacing Petan(let him season in the A just a tad more:laugh:) with Zuccerello, Grabner or Nash... Now that I think would be untouchable.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Schiefele is back!! yahoo

Rested up and he is back to dominating again.
HOPE coach M don't drive him to the ground again. There is still playoffs to play.
I'm not saying he shouldn't get key minutes but if game is already out of hand, ease up on him and Blake usage.
It's not like the other lines are scrubs...

GO JETS GO

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Sure the Jets 1st line was on fire definitely. But I still have to mention to people whom keep repeating how great that was especially when it happened against Barkov’s line, that this is exactly what Barkov is about and why I myself don’t hold him in even close to the value that many finns especially do. The dude is melted wax usually when he has to play against really good lines and players. If he can play against quite average players and average top lines he really shines more. And especially the type of players that the Jets 1st line have (combine speed, size and intensity with excellent skill) he is almost always in complete trouble. He is pretty much a paper tiger, and the tougher the situation and the opponent is, the more he usually disappoints. Still, nothing away from the play of the 1st line, as they were definitely absolutely magnificent. But I myself would at least keep the praising at that, and not bring too much into the discussion how it all happened against Barkov.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

Ok this is funny because after the game as my buddy and I were heading to a beer to wait out the traffic we both mentioned that save was the TSN turning point. The building gave him a stand Ovation! I thought that was a goal for sure.

Reactions: Festinator

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
That was an enormous dive by Reimer. No way that soft little graze by buff’s jersey did that to him...

I have heard the building explode like that in a long time......when the replay was shown the crowd lost it and went off. It was actually hilarious and really fun because the score was a bit out of hand. James shouldn’t embarrass the ref like that, that play was beyond brutal but man was the BellMTS centre on fire after that.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Anyone else feel the sked is a bit more on our side this year compared to last!
Great win! Helly steady, Pmo rules the day again with line changes, he can do no wrong according to hf jets right ;)

The schedule has been huge this year. The Panthers didn’t get to their hotel until 4:00 am so that must have been really tough last night. Could explain why they iced the puck 400 times in the first half of the game.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
But I still have to mention to people whom keep repeating how great that was especially when it happened against Barkov’s line

Who's repeating it? It was mentioned a number of times by different individuals. That's not repeating - that's discussing what happened in the game.

Scheifele >>> Barkov last night. It's something to celebrate, as I think Barkov is generally a very good player.

Reactions: ShooTer44

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Side note: Laine looked almost angry after scoring his goal. Not happy with his play tonight i guess?

I couldn’t believe how much Florida was blanketing him and cheating towards him. Just before the Scheif goal he got set up in the slot for a one timer and had all day because of the Panthers cheating to Laine but rushed it a bit, I turned to the guy I was with and said man they are cheating on Laine if they give Scheif that much time and space again in the slot he is going to make them pay which he did shortly after.

That is the great thing about this team.....they aren’t going to be able to cheat too much on Laine because there are just to many weapons.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Who's repeating it? It was mentioned a number of times by different individuals. That's not repeating - that's discussing what happened in the game.

Scheifele >>> Barkov last night. It's something to celebrate, as I think Barkov is generally a very good player.
Scheifele is anyway a clearly better player than Barkov. Barkov is very much overrated and Scheifele might be still even slightly underrated. Anyway there’s absolutely no competition between those two centers for me at least. And still don’t take me wrong, as Scheifele (and his whole line) was absolutely magnificent last night. What I just pointed out was that I at least wouldn’t add into the praise so much the quality of the opponent.

If the first line would play like that against Kopitar and his line, or Bergeron and his line, then I would absolutely be myself praising them also because of whom they played against. Well, at least we might soon see how it goes against Kopitar. If they play like that even then, I will be absolutely astonished. And I definitely hope it will happen. An absolutely great game against the Panthers by Scheifele, Wheeler and Connor anyway!

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Is it my imagination or has Chiarot morphed into a solid, physical defenceman? Could be a key guy against heavy playoff teams.
He's been playing a solid and physical game, keeping it simple and low risk – just the kind of game we need in the play offs against heavy teams. He seems like a great 7th D-man to have around in the spring.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Watching Rosie and Matty P bird dog the puck as a team is a thing of beauty....I love the tenacity of that line, they just torment the team trying to exit their zone. Roslo is a player he just feels the game so well for a raw rookie. Vincent is doing a good job with those guys on the Moose.

Ok so I think I am on game 3 or 4 of not getting angry at Chairot during a game and it is throwing me off.

Last night was one of those nights.....I know we caught a tired team on the second of their B2B but I was standing around with my season ticket partners after the game having a few beer and we were planning playoff logistics and discussing how our team is as dangerous as anyone........the moment wasn’t lost on any of us that it is so much more fun than debating tank strategies and waiting for the draft. Last time we fought tooth and nail until the last handful of games to get in the playoffs so this is a new experience cheering for a dominant team who is marching to the playoffs with a bit of a swagger.

Nice night and morning to be a Jets fan.

Last edited:

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
PHA: I've seen better. I agree with those who did not like Armia; he has been in a slump recently. Thank god he can still be a threat on the forecheck, which he showcased in this one. Hendricks was his usual self, and I did not think Petan was too bad (outside of one or two careless plays that led to turnovers).
Quite ridiculous to criticize player who barely touched the ice until third period when the game was already over. It's also quite disgusting how he has been treated. Set up to fail. Nothing we haven't seen before.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I've posted this gif on a couple of occasions, but I think it worth pointing out that the Reimer dive might actually be worse.

Cj6PCJ4.gif
Reimer's is worse than even this joke because Reimer got hit just as hard as this goof :lol: but Reimer is loaded with equipment . By the way Reimer went down and stayed down shouldn't he have been pulled from the game for concussion protical ? No he wasn't because he never got hit , but we are still giving you a penalty because , well , your Buff . Anyway great game again by everyone , when you win 7-2 everything is frigging fantastic . :thumbu:

Reactions: FFHockey

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
Scheifele is anyway a clearly better player than Barkov. Barkov is very much overrated and Scheifele might be still even slightly underrated. Anyway there’s absolutely no competition between those two centers for me at least. And still don’t take me wrong, as Scheifele (and his whole line) was absolutely magnificent last night. What I just pointed out was that I at least wouldn’t add into the praise so much the quality of the opponent.

If the first line would play like that against Kopitar and his line, or Bergeron and his line, then I would absolutely be myself praising them also because of whom they played against. Well, at least we might soon see how it goes against Kopitar. If they play like that even then, I will be absolutely astonished. And I definitely hope it will happen. An absolutely great game against the Panthers by Scheifele, Wheeler and Connor anyway!
Barkov is quite appreciated in this article: Barkov brings unique two-way game to Panthers, game film shows

Reactions: Scheifelaine

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Nice to finally have a bit of separation between us and teams behind us. I mean 7 points is a pretty significant mountain to climb even at American Thanksgiving. At this point in the season it’s nearly insurmountable...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad