Post-Game Talk: Reimer Dives. TOUCHDOWN! Jets destroy Panthers 7-2

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
shotLoc-2017020910-WPG-EV.png

Holy onslaught.

For comparison's sake... the Florida Paper Tigers.

shotLoc-2017020910-FLA-EV.png

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka

Such a great example of what Wheels does best on the PP. The penetration and shot threat opens everything up. Two guys converge on Wheels, Reimer still has to protect against the shot, the forward collapsing into the slot towards Scheifele has to decide between him and Laine, Wheeler sees it, boom goal. Pick your poison really.

So many weapons

Yes. Good demonstration how only presence of Patrik hanging in and around his office directly ties 2 guys (other is tied to block passing line to Laine).

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Don’t these guys date back to Jets v1.0? Thought they were regulars at the old arena.

It was inevitable that these classic hecklers would return as True North trotted out one turkey act after another for the national anthem. It's like saying Bloody Mary in front of a mirror three times. Myself, I prefer saying Bloody Mary in front of a bartender three times but hey -- to each their own.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yes. Good demonstration how only presence of Patrik hanging in and around his office directly ties 2 guys (other is tied to block passing line to Laine).

First off I am glad my drunken eyes weren’t lying to me.

That is exactly the play I was talking about......before that they cheated in a similar way and Scheif rushed a similar opprotunity a bit. Look at both the offside forward and D man pull towards the office and Scheif walks down Main Street. I said at the time they should give Laine an assist :laugh:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Quite ridiculous to criticize player who barely touched the ice until third period when the game was already over. It's also quite disgusting how he has been treated. Set up to fail. Nothing we haven't seen before.

Who would you take out of the top-9 to put Armia in there?

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
That gap by Kuli was Chiarotesque, he wasn't great with that a few times last night, I wonder if he's a little uncomfortable on his off side. I think Buff was a little surprised Kuli bit on that inside move so much, the support was there from him. Buff might have overreacted a bit coming off his man to take Dadonov, but I think he was expecting Wheeler to help out, which he did not.

Yep, all kinds of open ice in the slot and there's Wheels just Toewsing it back, waiting on the highlight-reel save. That's how good Helle's been this season.

Thought Toby had another great game -- good gaps, smart outlets -- and MP Beard was like a voyageur on speed out there. A times it looked like there were three of him, and playing him with Laine late in the game looked inspired.

Reactions: Ducky10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->