GDT: Red Wings vs. Flyers (7:30, NBCSN)

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
It was onside. Anyone thinking otherwise either didn't watch it closely enough or doesn't know the league rules.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
mrazek comes back down to earth. softie overtime goal and bad decision to not cover the puck that led to flyers second goal. but still would like to see him get another start or two before they even think about going back to howard

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
A softie? That was shot wired from around the faceoff dot and Mrazek got a piece of it.

With Larkin it wasn't just the giveaway (he was getting hooked pretty good) but quitting on the play and lobbying for an offsides.

He did get a tug... but he flubbed the pass and then lost the puck.

Mrazek was a bit soft on that. Maybe not totally soft. But a bit.
He played well though

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Typical wings miss 4 empty net grade a chances other team comes down takes one shot goal. So frustrating

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Not sure why we were even eligible for a review for the record.

I also think the heel of his stick is why the puck goes from on edge to completely flat. We don't have a shot that can conclusively tell, but the Puck is spinning upright and then flat right after he waves his stick at it. If that was puck luck hey it just wasn't our night. But I think the other problem is they didn't play for 40 minutes and Bertuzzi missed a couple absolute sitters. Unfortunate, turn the page.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Larkin - giveaway on the game-winner. Bad penalty on another goal. Passing off all night.
Worst game from him in a long time. Looked frustrated.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He did get a tug... but he flubbed the pass and then lost the puck.

Mrazek was a bit soft on that. Maybe not totally soft. But a bit.
He played well though
Oh I agree with you about Larkin. He was getting hooked pretty good but he lost the puck and quit on the play.

I still don't quite know how Bertuzzi missed that one at the end of regulation.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan

I also think the heel of his stick is why the puck goes from on edge to completely flat. It doesn't really matter they didn't play for 40 minutes and Bertuzzi missed a couple absolute sitters. Unfortunate, turn the page.

all plays eligible for coach's challenges are automatically reviewed by the league in the last minute of the 3rd period and all of overtime

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
all plays eligible for coach's challenges are automatically reviewed by the league in the last minute of the 3rd period and all of overtime

Good to know. I personally wouldn't allow reviews for you once you burn your timeout on a review.

I thought they put in more punitive restrictions on that this year.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
ive been scared to look at the standings because we've been getting some points recently, how high are we? How bad is it?

Christien

May 1, 2010
Those missed chances by Bert hurt. He had an amazing game though. He’s really smart out there and love his compete level. We got a good one.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007

I also think the heel of his stick is why the puck goes from on edge to completely flat. We don't have a shot that can conclusively tell, but the Puck is spinning upright and then flat right after he waves his stick at it. If that was puck luck hey it just wasn't our night. But I think the other problem is they didn't play for 40 minutes and Bertuzzi missed a couple absolute sitters. Unfortunate, turn the page.

That’s what I thought too the puck goes flat and to me that meant he hit the puck and if he did that’s offside that’s why I thought it was, nhl should be able to have a clear shot of that

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Bertuzzi wouldn't have scored on a soccer net tonight. He has played well since being up with the team, but you can't miss blatant empty net opportunities like that.

Mantha is starting to worry me. He is so invisible.

This team is just so inconsistent. We aren't bad enough to get top talent, we aren't good enough to compete. I feel like this is going to happen for a while. We are stuck. Need to suck to get better or nothing will change.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
From my understanding of the offside rule the puck has to leave the zone if someone is in the zone and if someone brings it in offside the puck has to leave the zone after the puck is brought in offsides as it cleary was brought in offsides.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
Oh I agree with you about Larkin. He was getting hooked pretty good but he lost the puck and quit on the play.

I still don't quite know how Bertuzzi missed that one at the end of regulation.

Honestly think the flyers player got stick on puck at the exact time he was shooting. Great play by there guy

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
ive been scared to look at the standings because we've been getting some points recently, how high are we? How bad is it?

With Pittsburgh winning we're 9 out.

Now - we've got 3 games in hand.

But are we going to catch 3 teams and then catch Pittsburgh? Fat f***ing chance.
It's almost more likely we catch Toronto (11 back with 2 games in hand). They're struggling.

SELL! SELL! SELL!

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
From my understanding of the offside rule the puck has to leave the zone if someone is in the zone and if someone brings it in offside the puck has to leave the zone after the puck is brought in offsides as it cleary was brought in offsides.

No, he just has to tag up and he did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad