Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part VI - The Next Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
have people who are talking about sheahan's "1 nhl game" forgotten that he's played 2? :p

Makes it strange when you look at eliteprospects, because that will count on his years played and it will on other hockey sites. Basically Sheahan has an excellent chance of in 15 years when you hear he has been in the league that long you think huh? But two of them will be two games total and the third will be partial time, remains to be seen how much.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
The camp roster looks nice minus Babcock and Chelios.

What's wrong with Coreau and Wheaton?

Telyakov is 6'9"!!!!

I also find it funny that we have Jake Paterson and Jake Patterson both playing Goalie at the camp.

Who's attending this to give us some updates on what they're seeing on the ice?

The Left Wing Lock blogger does the Dev-Camp too - Go Sarah

http://www.theleftwinglock.com/

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Prett ymuch every single camp invite is a fighter or at least a scrappy player. This team is heading that way soon it seems from the draft and this

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Prett ymuch every single camp invite is a fighter or at least a scrappy player. This team is heading that way soon it seems from the draft and this

Have you seen Yakubowski play at all?

Seems to be a gritty guy with a bit of a scoring touch as well.

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI

It bring back nostalgic memories of how the wings' teams were built back in the days :yo:

They invited a Chara height player, if that player can skate somewhat I don't see why they shouldn't offer him a contract.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012

That is because the guys with all of the skill have all been drafted.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
It's all downhill from here, guys:

most of their prospects are undersized question marks.

almost every one of them is a project that has an obvious flaw (usually size).

Detroit prospects have been vastly overrated over the years, its getting silly

Detroit should count themselves lucky if even two of these guys end up being as good as Filppula.

Detroits prospect pool is very over rated.

Detroit's drafting is overrated

Detroits prospects always find a way to get overrated.

Detroits prospects are so overrated its not even funny..

alot of second and third line depth prospects and a goalie prospect.

3 maybe 4 of them will be NHLers with 1 or 2 of them being good

Everyone else has a prospect poll, too. Detroit's isn't special.

Detroit's prospect pool is among the most overrated in the league

Most likely the majority of them are going to flop anyways.

Taken from: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1464375

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
A team full of second line players and second pairing dmen is a lot better than a team with a good first line and no depth and one stud d pairing. I like our pool.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
A team full of second line players and second pairing dmen is a lot better than a team with a good first line and no depth and one stud d pairing. I like our pool.
I think they'd tell you that
A team full of second line players and second pairing dmen
is too optimistic. We ought to console ourselves with the fact that most won't even make the NHL.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Melén won't be at the camp. Would have liked to hear some comments on play.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Homer will be at camp to teach net-front skills.

http://www.freep.com/article/20130710/SPORTS05/307100029/

Holmstrom will teach net-front skills to the Wings’ up-and-comers, providing everything from classroom demonstrations to on-ice examples. The job was borne last month after Holmstrom ran it by general manager Ken Holland, who responded with immediate enthusiasm.

“I’ve been watching lots of games, and seriously, nobody knows how to be in front of net,” Holmstrom said Tuesday. “They go there, but then they move. They don’t screen, they don’t want to pay the price, because it’s not glamorous. And you need a big heart.”

Honestly hope this parlays into a pre-season job as well. Would be nice to have him there teaching the points and people should listen intently when he talks about exactly how to do this.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He should do this every year. Also at training camp with older guys to finetune some details, Mule, Akader, Andersson, Sheahan, etc...

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
I'm all for homer teaching our current and future players how to be a real net-front presence. Just make sure Kronwall doesn't attend that class ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad