Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part VI - The Next Wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Who do you guys see being the first injury call-ups? Jurco for forwards? Sheehan also, maybe Frk? On D there are a lot of options and it could be any of the 4-5 prospects down there, any ideas on who has the upper hand there?

Depends on who is hurt and how our roster shakes out.

Sheahan is probably the first forward callup regardless. Jurco could be up depending on when it happens and if he gets out to a fast start. Jarnkrok will be high up on that list as will the leading goal scorer in Grand Rapids last year in the regular season. That is right it wasn't Tatar or Gus, it was actually Ferraro.

Don't think Frk gets anywhere near a callup next year.

Jensen and Almqvist are probably the first two D-man up. Although we will have to see where Marchenko and Ouellet are.

Think we are bound to see both Sheahan and Jarnkrok at some point though.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
Depends on who is hurt and how our roster shakes out.

Sheahan is probably the first forward callup regardless. Jurco could be up depending on when it happens and if he gets out to a fast start. Jarnkrok will be high up on that list as will the leading goal scorer in Grand Rapids last year in the regular season. That is right it wasn't Tatar or Gus, it was actually Ferraro.

Don't think Frk gets anywhere near a callup next year.

Jensen and Almqvist are probably the first two D-man up. Although we will have to see where Marchenko and Ouellet are.

Think we are bound to see both Sheahan and Jarnkrok at some point though.

I totally agree, forgot about Jarnkrok somehow. Insane how much depth there is in the organization. Any chance someone surprises and makes the team out of camp? Probably not with all the recent signings

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Who do you guys see being the first injury call-ups? Jurco for forwards? Sheehan also, maybe Frk? On D there are a lot of options and it could be any of the 4-5 prospects down there, any ideas on who has the upper hand there?

Sheahan will most likely be the first call-up, followed by Ferraro if it gets to that point. Jurco might get a look, but it would be later in the season and only if he has fully proven himself, which is not likely. I don't see Jarnkrok getting a look this year. Frk won't see Detroit this season, if ever.

On defense, Almqvist is the only prospect who I see getting a call-up this year, but even he's probably a bit of a long shot. The Wings will likely sign a veteran defenseman to play in GR and be the first call-up.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris

Sheahan, Jurco and Jarnkrok. I don't think they would consider Frk, Tvrdon or Pulkkinen in their first fulltime AHL season.

Almqvist is probably a front runner, but I think they consider Sproul or Ouellet (maybe even Marchenko).

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
Sheahan will most likely be the first call-up, followed by Ferraro if it gets to that point. Jurco might get a look, but it would be later in the season and only if he has fully proven himself, which is not likely. I don't see Jarnkrok getting a look this year. Frk won't see Detroit this season, if ever.

sheahan looked still a bit out of place in his first callup and you could see that babcock wasn't pleased. it was a first try, it was too early and i think sheahan is not on top of the list yet. he will make the jump, maybe later in this season, but i don't see him on top at the start.
i think it all depends on who gets injured. if a bottom liner is needed, i think glendening is the first choice. that would be if guys like miller, eaves etc are injured. if they need skill, i would think that jarnkrok gets a look, if he shows he's ready for the NA game. will be interesting to see how much muscles he put on this offseason.

On defense, Almqvist is the only prospect who I see getting a call-up this year, but even he's probably a bit of a long shot. The Wings will likely sign a veteran defenseman to play in GR and be the first call-up.

almqvist, then jensen. jensen is older and the jump from college to pro is usually a bit easier than coming from juniors. sproul and ouellet surely have a lot of work in the defensive zone to do before getting a call-up.

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
I think Sheahan, Ferraro, Jarnkrok and Jurco depending.

Jensen for Defense. Could be others depending on how they play.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009

It's really hard with the forwards before we see the camp. But I don't think Frk will be a frontrunner, I wouldn't be surprised if needs his time like Jurco. Ferraro is due for a callup, and I think they'll give him the first call to let him earn some NHL $(would be nice to see him make his NHL debut, too). I think Jarnkrok will get a call before Sheahan among centers, Jurco gets the second call among wingers.

On defense Almqvist gets the first call. But he won't necessarily play, Babs will throw in Lash for sure.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Sheahan for a big guy
Järnkrok for TOP6 center
Ferraro for BOT6 PKr
Almquist for defenceman
Mrazek for goalie

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Sheahan for a big guy
Järnkrok for TOP6 center
Ferraro for BOT6 PKr
Almquist for defenceman
Mrazek for goalie

Ferraro for PK I can agree with, can buy the big body talk, but top6/bottom6 center? They'd just split Pavel and Z, or put Z back at center. I see any forward called up playing on the 4th line, while Tatar or Miller who probably plays there gets bumped up.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Ferraro for PK I can agree with, but top6 center? They'd just split Pavel and Z, or put Z back at center. I see any forward called up playing on the 4th line, while Tatar or Miller who probably plays there gets bumped up.

Calling any of those forwards up means that there's at least three guys injured. Then it means that two TOP6 centers could be injured at same time and then Järnkrok gets called.

With 2 or less injuries for forwards, they'll suffle with that 14 guy group.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Calling any of those forwards up means that there's at least three guys injured. Then it means that two TOP6 centers could be injured at same time and then Järnkrok gets called.

With 2 or less injuries for forwards, they'll suffle with that 14 guy group.

They won't travel without at least 13 forwards. Unless you just mean playing then maybe. But callups without playing are certainly possible.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
sheahan looked still a bit out of place in his first callup and you could see that babcock wasn't pleased. it was a first try, it was too early and i think sheahan is not on top of the list yet. he will make the jump, maybe later in this season, but i don't see him on top at the start.
i think it all depends on who gets injured. if a bottom liner is needed, i think glendening is the first choice. that would be if guys like miller, eaves etc are injured. if they need skill, i would think that jarnkrok gets a look, if he shows he's ready for the NA game. will be interesting to see how much muscles he put on this offseason.

Sheahan was downright terrible in his lone NHL game, but a) it was only one game, and b) I think he showed with his play in the AHL all season that he is ready for an extended look at the NHL level. I think he's the first call-up, regardless of who is injured. However, Glendening is an interesting name, and if Sheahan's play drops off this season and the Wings indeed deem him as not being ready, I think it comes down to either Glendening or Ferraro. Jarnkrok is in a similar boat as Jurco I think, where he may get a call-up later in the season, but only if he shows he is fully ready and we have a clear need for a top-6 guy. I'm not expecting that though.

almqvist, then jensen. jensen is older and the jump from college to pro is usually a bit easier than coming from juniors. sproul and ouellet surely have a lot of work in the defensive zone to do before getting a call-up.

I like Jensen, I really do. I watched several of his college games over the years. I realize he's older, and I agree the jump from college is often easier than from juniors. But I just don't see the Wings giving him a call this season, given the youth we already have in our top-7 and the fact that it's his first pro season. I think on D the Wings are really going to want a veteran guy for call-ups this year.

opivy

Sauce King
Sep 14, 2011
Columbus, OH
The camp roster looks nice minus Babcock and Chelios.

What's wrong with Coreau and Wheaton?

Telyakov is 6'9"!!!!

I also find it funny that we have Jake Paterson and Jake Patterson both playing Goalie at the camp.

Who's attending this to give us some updates on what they're seeing on the ice?

Hendricks433

Feb 18, 2013
Sheahan didnt look very good in his one game but Tatar and Nyquist both didnt look very good their first handful of games and then they got comfortable and really turned it on.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Why isn't Järnkrok and Bäckman joining this camp?

Not really sure on Backman, Jarnkrok got his list of things to work on after he came over for the nine games and went back for the WC.

They pretend they are giving him a legitimate shot, which we know they aren't look at how many forwards they have. But, Jarnkrok was given the whole summer to condition and show up to big boy camp. That was the plan, and as we all know he has missed a decent amount of conditioning opportunities in the off-seasons to date. They want him to put on weight and get in the best shape possible and I guess him staying in his full tilt conditioning off-season program over there is how they felt it would best be accomplished.

Hopefully they have set him up to work out with Zetterberg, Ericsson, Lidstrom or someone we know spends a decent amount of the summer over there. We all know Alfie is there by the phone interview instead of player.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
I like Barclay Goodrow, hope he does well and can embark on a successful minor league career somewhere.

Chris 84

Sep 15, 2007
have people who are talking about sheahan's "1 nhl game" forgotten that he's played 2? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad