Prospect Info: Red Wings Prospect Tracker - Part IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2012
Meh it was one of his worst games in a while, so don't take too much from it (especially if this is your first time getting a good look at him). Keep in mind he's playing against some of the best junior teams and defenseman who are focusing on stopping him.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Meh it was one of his worst games in a while, so don't take too much from it (especially if this is your first time getting a good look at him). Keep in mind he's playing against some of the best junior teams and defenseman who are focusing on stopping him.
It's been a long year for him, so I can't blame him if he wants to conserve energy. He can either burn all his energy early in the game or save it for when he can win the game. Ovechkin does the same thing. Is it going to work for Mantha in the NHL? No. But they don't give out the Memorial Cup to the most NHL-ready team, and he's doing what's worked for him and his team to this point. He'll worry about the NHL when he gets there.

Sorry about the rant. I've seen some pretty asinine Mantha comments tonight.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
There's a Kindl bandwagon?

jerry-seinfield-getting-up.gif

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think Kindl will be okay when he gets out of Detroit. He could be a guy bottom feeder teams like, heck Kindl to Edmonton makes so much sense to me. But even as a guy that liked to defend him, he was terribad last year, so bad outside of a stretch I think in late March early April that I have to use Charles Barkley like words to describe his play.

Sorry I had to abandon that ship, at least the guy is doing well off the ice and back in the Czech National team picture, that is about the only positive for him last year, nothing in Detroit.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I've watched "bits and pieces" of the Edmonton and Guelph games. Mantha looked lazy, invisible and soft. Was really disappointed to say the least.

Well he's certainly not going to win the Selke anytime soon. To me his "lazy" play style works against people his age because he can dominate them physically. I'm curious to see how his hustle, or lack thereof, translates into the pro game.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Bertuzzi with another goal and a few big hits so far that got him some intermission talk time against the Knights. Still living up to that draft spot at the highest stage for juniors

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Bertuzzi with another goal and a few big hits so far that got him some intermission talk time against the Knights. Still living up to that draft spot at the highest stage for juniors

Really all he needs is a HEALTHY year next year. Outside of that I am already pretty happy with him. The unfortunate thing with Jensen happened, but his game is attractive that talk of him being like Andrew Shaw is pretty darn accurate. Kid has some hands, skating and is a complete pain to play against. Mitch Callahan on steroids I think.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Really all he needs is a HEALTHY year next year. Outside of that I am already pretty happy with him. The unfortunate thing with Jensen happened, but his game is attractive that talk of him being like Andrew Shaw is pretty darn accurate. Kid has some hands, skating and is a complete pain to play against. Mitch Callahan on steroids I think.

My advice: knock on wood next time you say that. :sarcasm:

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

I was happy with the draft pick at the time. My only real issue was when he was seriously injured earlier this season. It made me wonder if he would be able to handle the rigors of the NHL. Good to see him bounce back and bring it during the most important time of the year. :yo:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
ok this may be just because I'm looking for him, but to me it looks like Bert is the best player on the ice and it doesn't even look that close.

He definitely is. Hes blocking shots on the PK, 2 goals and was the screen for the 5th goal. Hes got the entire arena booing him because hes such a troll and he keeps laying people out. More guys are giving him Guelph MVP talk.

The coach has him on the PP now because of how well hes playing. I could do without the diving but if hes gonna do it he better back it up when someone wants to take him to task. SO far hes shown he'll do that. Thats the difference between a complete fan favourite and a guy like Marchand.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Oh dear lil-Bert. Who would not love this guy? This ****-disturber with talent is exactly what our organization has been calling for years. :nod:

His snipes will remind me of Marchand and I understand also those Shaw -comparisons. Winning teams will need that kind of guys, whom opposite teams will hate to play against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad