GDT: Red Wings @ Boston Bruins - 1:00 EST - FSD

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Blashill's treatment of AA is unfair. AA does not warrant his type of treatment. I will actually celebrate the day that Blashill is no longer our coach.
I don't think AA is very good. At this point I don't really care what happens to him.

I thought Bertuzzi was pretty engaged this game.

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
That was a significant swing in the standings
Haha like it mattered. This team is done! Kronwall on at the end just shows how out of touch this organization is. He literally can’t move/ hold the line but he’s out there. No AA the last 10 mins, for someone who says AA is part of the core moving forward (Holland) he sure looks like a cast off to the staff on game days. Hey why no frk at the end for a 6-5 he’s the only guy with a legit one-timer but hey Kronwall for the win!!! I’m tired of this whole organization. Time to clean house and bring in someone who has balls and is in touch with the nhl and will make hard decisions not what we have now. Sorry for the rant it’s just so frustrating to see how far this team has fallen and even just to see that there is talent but the way it’s used is ridiculous

Reactions: StargateSG1

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
I don't think AA is very good. At this point I don't really care what happens to him.

I thought Bertuzzi was pretty engaged this game.
More than half this team is not very good. It's not like he's 2008 Jiri Hudler who we could afford to keep sheltered. Like him or not, but AA is one of our top 6 most dangerous forwards. I know none of this matters since we're tanking anyways, but from an entertainment aspect, it's annoying, and having a lame duck coach continually alienate one of our few younger players who actually will have a lengthy NHL career is ridiculous.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
You send a guy out for a regular shift and **** happens.

Lol we've seen many unbelievable highlight goals from AA, it's evident he has a ton of speed and skill. He is lacking confidence right now, but it's hard to be confident when your coach doesn't put you on the ice. One of our mot skilled forwards barely sees the ice. We lack skill and creativity and finishing ability, yet our coach doesn't play the young forward with speed and skill. He obviously has a personal grudge against AA for whatever reason. AA is gonna break out next year once Blashill is gone.

chris05

May 23, 2013
Lol this team is pure garbage, Can't do a thing on the power play because Zetterberg can't win a face off. It's over if we lose this game Holland might as well start selling here shortly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The HOT GARBAGE had a difficult time competing with a mediocre Boston team. A poorly coached team which lacks talent. A complete overhaul is definitely required. Would not watch this garbage if you gave me a free ticket. Some players just have it and others wish they had it. The wings are loaded with players who wish they had it.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Like him or not, but AA is one of our top 6 most dangerous forwards.

He's not anymore dangerous than Martin Frk, and I think the general consensus around here is no one cares about Martin Frk. Outside of Larkin and maybe Mantha, the rest of the players on the roster likely won't be here when this team is good again, so I don't get why people care a depth forward is benched for playing poorly.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
He's not anymore dangerous than Martin Frk, and I think the general consensus around here is no one cares about Martin Frk. Outside of Larkin and maybe Mantha, the rest of the players on the roster likely won't be here when this team is good again, so I don't get why people care a depth forward is benched for playing poorly.

In terms of creating his own offense, he is inarguably more dangerous than Martin Frk.

Frk is a player who produces because his linemates feed him the puck. It's a decent role, but he will never score one man goals like AA has historically.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
what a game.... frustrating to watch, unable to put any real pressure on the other team, even with 6 skaters. terrible ice, which leads to so many sloppy looking plays. These multi sports arenas are making it tough to enjoy the game of hockey

Edit: I forgot to mention terrible coach. You see the on ice product, and then they rub it in your face with a shot of blashill despicably chewing his gum

Reactions: jkutswings

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I like how Larkin looks better this year than last and this may be his breakout year. But what is up with his goal scoring? He seems to not be able to bury the puck for worth a shit.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Blashill's treatment of AA is unfair. AA does not warrant his type of treatment. I will actually celebrate the day that Blashill is no longer our coach.

The Athletic had an article the other day breaking down the problems with Athanasiou with other teams NHL scouts. The league scouts talked about him playing 10 good seconds of hockey a game and the rest being abysmal when you focused on just him. It was kind of eye opening to be honest. He has detractors around the league in terms of acknowledgment of his incredible highlight reel ability they see a player that doesn't really warrant more ice-time. These weren't Wings guys or Blashill either mind you.

I don't think it was an accident that Eddie O a close friend of Blashill basically picked on AA on National Television the other night. Really highlighting his one great play and several of his poor plays.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I like how Larkin looks better this year than last and this may be his breakout year. But what is up with his goal scoring? He seems to not be able to bury the puck for worth a ****.
Yeah i was wondering the exact same thing about Larkins scoring ability he's a great setup man but his lack of putting the puck into the net is a bit concerning it's not like he isn't getting his chances he's just not burying them right now. Hopefully that picks up here shortly.

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Do people who constantly point to Blash's AHL success as a sign that he's a good NHL coach really not understand that basically EVERY NHL coach had success at the previous level? Save for ex players, they wouldn't be hired if they hadn't. His GRG teams were stacked comparatively.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Stevie is a winner. Always was when he played for us as The Captain. He had that winnning spirit,no matter what. And itseemed to just come easy for him. It's really nice to see what he's done in Tampa. I hope they win the cup this year. For Stevie. Cuz he's a winner. We just need him to come back here. And all will good.

chris05

May 23, 2013
You can tell a lot about a player on how he puts the puck in the net. No matter how hard you want a dud to score....you can play him as much as you like....you can put him in as many favourable situation to succeed as you want....you might fool a few bottom feeder teams....but these type of players just don't have the ability to compete against top level competition. The end result is you are a last place team....

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I like how Larkin looks better this year than last and this may be his breakout year. But what is up with his goal scoring? He seems to not be able to bury the puck for worth a ****.

he plays miles better than ever. He will score a few more before the season ends. Let's enjoy his development, imagine if he would have duplicated last years campaign. I'm more frustrated with manthas inability to score at the moment. he doesnt even put pucks on the net

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
Lol this team is pure garbage, Can't do a thing on the power play because Zetterberg can't win a face off. It's over if we lose this game Holland might as well start selling here shortly.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The HOT GARBAGE had a difficult time competing with a mediocre Boston team. A poorly coached team which lacks talent. A complete overhaul is definitely required. Would not watch this garbage if you gave me a free ticket. Some players just have it and others wish they had it. The wings are loaded with players who wish they had it.

Merry Christmas Red Wing fans, hope you like crap!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad