Re-Sign One: Kreider/Strome/Fast

Who should we re-sign?

• Total voters

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Kreider easily. I love Fast but he is gonna get more money than he is worth. I like Strome but let’s be honest a Panarin has been carrying him. Without Panarin he had at least half is points cut

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Kreider with the right contract--4yrs. 5.5 mil for instance. Otherwise Strome.

If Panarin can turn Fast into a real deal scoring threat--think of what he could do for Chytil or another center. I like Strome by the way but Kreider has the more unique harder to find skillset.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Damn f***ing sucks we can fit in fast and strome ? Probably strome I guess just because it locks down a line with Panarin

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Damn ****ing sucks we can fit in fast and strome ? Probably strome I guess just because it locks down a line with Panarin
There are other possibilities but I didn’t see the usefulness of making a poll with too many options.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
The answer is both Strome and Fast, assuming they take acceptable deals.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
None. Trade them all.

But if we had to keep one of them and we could get a good deal, then keep Strome but I feel like he is overplaying his hand greatly this season and we may be able to get a very good prospect/pick for him before he comes back down to earth.

Reactions: Inferno

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
All three have played well for the organization and I'd love to re-sign them all (to reasonable deals of course). It's guys like Skjei and Buchnevich that should be priority moved.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
At this point? Fast.

I love Kreider but he's a little rich for my blood and having the best winger in the NHL mitigates losing him.

Fast is everything people say they want. He's gritty, responsible, a leader, plays up and down the lineup, and should be reasonably priced.

Reactions: yada

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Should we assume something like:

Kreider - 7x7
Strome - 5x5
Fast - 3x3

My approach with my answer is was whether or not it includes a friendly deal. All things being equal, I'd say Kreider.

But if we go by those numbers, Fast is the most appealing.

Kreider, at the price, is a bit rich for my blood. Strome at 5x5 makes me nervous. I'm more open to 5x3 or 5x4.

Richter35

Oct 30, 2006
I think it’ll take 4 x 3 mill, maybe 5 years at that cap hit for fast. Freaking jay beagle got 4 x 3 a few years ago and he was older.

Ideal world for me- trade strome, sign fast 4yr/12m, ck agrees to a team friendly deal where he gets term and limited movement for a cap hit in the low 5’s. Top three centers are mika fil and howden.

Lee got 7x7 because he’s potted 40 before- if I’m not mistaken Chris has never scored 30 in a full regular season. 7x7 for him is a huge mistake

Reactions: eco's bones

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
- Kreider if all players were the same age
- Kreider if all players were offered the same deal
- Strome if offered >$3MM less than Kreider
- Fast if Strome and CK each wants over $7MM

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Okposo got 6 mil a year and Kane got 7- so it isn't unlikely that Kreider lands closer to the 7x7 figure.

I will echo previous sentiments that it would be interesting to see how Chytil performed in Strome's current role.

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Going in with all the assumptions, I think Kreider will be too expensive to keep. Strome is pretty much experiencing the Anisimov effect but getting more consistent ice time with Panarin so I think anything we give him could be over-inflated. Granted that if we do get him pretty cheap, he would be worth more to us with Panarin than he would be to someone else without. Strome does PK though which I think is valuable. Fast does too. Fast brings a lot of elements to our game that I think we need more of. back checking. work ethic. I feel like I'm 50/50 on Strome/Fast. Fast is known element. Strome might just be leeching off of Panarin which is ok as long as they stay together. That means Chytil isn't getting a chance with Panarin. I feel like if we lose Strome, Chytil will just slot in a take over so - really well put together question!

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Yea lets resgin them all. We'll trade one of Kakko, Shest, DeAngelo, Fox when the times comes because we don't have any money for them all.

:rolleyes:

Trade them all, ESPECIALLY Kreider.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
I voted Strome but not at 5m a year.

I think he has one arbitration year left. I would offer 5 x 4m or 4 x 4m. Whichever one he prefers.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The thing is Kreider could decide to stay and give the Rangers a great deal. But then if the Rangers move him anyway he's kind of f***ed himself. Now he's lost on his one and probably only chance to really spin the wheel and maximise his contract with some choice of where. So I'm kind of expecting he's going to move and at the same I'm wondering exactly how much that's going to hurt us because there are certain things he does for us that nobody else can do. I'm also wondering who's going to replace him on his line and how all this would affect Zibanejad.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
My approach with my answer is was whether or not it includes a friendly deal. All things being equal, I'd say Kreider.

But if we go by those numbers, Fast is the most appealing.

Kreider, at the price, is a bit rich for my blood. Strome at 5x5 makes me nervous. I'm more open to 5x3 or 5x4.

I agree.

But we needed some sort of common ground with regards to what we were talking about for contracts, or else it would just devolve into a discussion about what we should try to pay them.

If you shave two years off of both Kreider's and Strome's contracts in that example, I would probably lean towards Strome in place of Fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad