RD Noah Dobson - Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL (2018, 12th, NYI)

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Bump... Dobson should be getting some close consideration as the next Dman off the board after Dahlin... He is the complete package... I'd argue the most complete package Dman in the draft after #1

From a Habs perspective, he's the pick I'd be most comfortable with at 3!

I'm hoping he ends up being dominant and has a great memorial cup, that way we won't hesitate drafting him if Svechnikov is gone at 2. I'm not fully sold on Zadina, Wahlstrom and Tkachuk which seem to be the consensus when it comes to the scouting community at 3,4 and 5.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Bump... Dobson should be getting some close consideration as the next Dman off the board after Dahlin... He is the complete package... I'd argue the most complete package Dman in the draft after #1
Couldn't agree more, Dobson is the complete package he's arguably a 25 minute per game D man a hard right handed player he's definitely the total package.

Dodospice

Jan 19, 2012
Couldn't agree more, Dobson is the complete package he's arguably a 25 minute per game D man a hard right handed player he's definitely the total package.

He may not be as flashy as some other guys but he’s extremely steady and makes the right plays. He has loads of potential and lots of room to grow physically as well which will really help his game as he fills out. I see a steady 40-50 point dman on average and a minute muncher when he’s 25 years old in the NHL.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland

I'm hoping he ends up being dominant and has a great memorial cup, that way we won't hesitate drafting him if Svechnikov is gone at 2. I'm not fully sold on Zadina, Wahlstrom and Tkachuk which seem to be the consensus when it comes to the scouting community at 3,4 and 5.

I would be mad if we picked him with the 3rd overall pick. I think he's a surefire top 4 dman, possibly even a top pairing guy but I don't see the upside vs some other guys available there. Unless we trade the pick, just take the BPA.

Reactions: Acadien86

liljegren beast

Mar 28, 2018
Hes the most well rounded player outside of the top 2, Right shot, big etc. The team that takes this kid will not regret it

liljegren beast

Mar 28, 2018

I believe that you guys are well off with RHD though, with Juulsen, Weber, Petry. I think the habs go with a forward with the 3rd pick, as they went defence heavy in the last draft

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
There is not really a consensus we have been debating between Boqvist, Bouchard and Dobson. It is likely at least one of them is taken by OTT/ARZ before we pick.
No love for Hughes?

Regardless, crazy how strong this draft is for dmen. A once-a-decade type D prospect in Dahlin, and another 4 guys who could be the 1st or 2nd dman taken in plenty of drafts (Hughes, Dobson, Boqvist, Bouchard). Really hard to rank those 4, they all bring different things to the table. Could be the best dman draft since 2008.

Reactions: derriko

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
How does Dobson’s game compare to say Charlie MacAvoy?

Their games are pretty different. Dobson will produce offence in the pros, I am sure of that, but he won't play the hectic yet efficient brand of hockey McAvoy plays.

I believe that you guys are well off with RHD though, with Juulsen, Weber, Petry. I think the habs go with a forward with the 3rd pick, as they went defence heavy in the last draft

Not only that but our top 2 D prospects in junior (Brook and Fleury) are righties too. If we had stayed in the 4th-5th range, I would have been OK with taking a defenceman (most likely a RD) and worrying about the logjam later.

Reactions: liljegren beast

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad