RD Noah Dobson - Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL (2018, 12th, NYI)

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
Thread deserves a bump. Kid is having an excellent sophomore season. That 2018 Draft is stacked with good defenseman but when it comes to complete players he might be the best of the bunch when it's all said and done.
Im actually amazed at how smart he is with the puck as well, because he's playing like a man. I want him to be the puck mover and PP QB that the isles desperately needed to compete against tampa

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He is really heady. Not perfect, by any stretch, but this is what a lot of fans saw he could be at this point - and we believe he can get much better, still. Great kid, too. The Islanders have at least two pieces/keepers out of that draft.
He's going to be a big minute muncher for the Isles. Impacting the game like Slavin, Provorov in playing in all situations. Might not be the biggest point producer (especially under Trotz). He will put up some numbers and will be very valuable in the 23-25 minutes a game he will play.

As a Canucks fan, I had expected Hughes to be taken by either AZ or DET so Dobson was the Dman I was hoping the Canucks selected in 2018 over Bouchard and Borqvist.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
He is really heady. Not perfect, by any stretch, but this is what a lot of fans saw he could be at this point - and we believe he can get much better, still. Great kid, too. The Islanders have at least two pieces/keepers out of that draft.
and possibly three/five if guys like krygier/wilde/ishakov also pan out. it was a solid draft if they can keep it up, and its been a while since the isles genuinely had an all around solid draft for the org

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Thread deserves a bump. Kid is having an excellent sophomore season. That 2018 Draft is stacked with good defenseman but when it comes to complete players he might be the best of the bunch when it's all said and done.

He didn’t play much last year and played 1 game in the bubble. I think him being up with the he team and being brought along slowly really has helped. He’s really transformed the isles PP. he’s the PPQB for the #1. He’s so calm and smooth. He makes the right decisions with the puck most of the times and can skate the puck up the ice really well.

so excited for Dobson and to see what he becomes when he reaches his peak. Just turned 21 and already easily one of the isles top defenders.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
He didn’t play much last year and played 1 game in the bubble. I think him being up with the he team and being brought along slowly really has helped. He’s really transformed the isles PP. he’s the PPQB for the #1. He’s so calm and smooth. He makes the right decisions with the puck most of the times and can skate the puck up the ice really well.

so excited for Dobson and to see what he becomes when he reaches his peak. Just turned 21 and already easily one of the isles top defenders.
I think him, pelech, pulock, and leddy are the best players on defense for us, even if they don't score. the thing that matters most for our defense is them assisting and shooting under trotz, and dobson is the one with the best of all skills from pulock and leddy too. My hope is that he becomes like a theodore/pietrangelo on our defense

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY

Everything I've ever seen about Dobson has always praised his hockey IQ and intelligence from pre-Draft and by someone who would know like Barry Trotz more recently. I scratch my head when some posters claim he doesn't process the game at a high level, makes me question what the hell are they watching or that they are biased AF to prop up their own prospect.

The Isles got a gift when both Dobson and Wahlstrom fell into their laps. Big thanks to some of the teams ahead of them for letting it happen!

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
Everything I've ever seen about Dobson has always praised his hockey IQ and intelligence from pre-Draft and by someone who would know like Barry Trotz more recently. I scratch my head when some posters claim he doesn't process the game at a high level, makes me question what the hell are they watching or that they are biased AF to prop up their own prospect.

The Isles got a gift when both Dobson and Wahlstrom fell into their laps. Big thanks to some of the teams ahead of them for letting it happen!
Dobson also is a very sound person. The next closest person that came to my mind for maturity as a defenseman is probably bouchard from his draft, and thats because tippett is a dummy when it comes to playing youth over veterans

Konk

Mar 11, 2008

Either way, you can easily dismiss them as not knowing what in the hell they're talking about since it's abundantly clear he has loads of IQ at both ends of the ice.

He's still prone to mistakes as a young defenseman, but those will get ironed out over time. He's incredibly poised and efficient and knows when to jump into the play.

I really loved Ty Smith during that draft year, he's another really smart two-way guy, but when I saw Dobson play I changed my mind on who I wanted the Isles to pick. I was honestly convinced they had no chance and he would go higher. So glad I was wrong and they were able to get him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad