Speculation: RBT: Part XXX: NYR December = Santa Claus or Satans Claws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Fair enough, EJ is not a premier player but until proven otherwise Zibbs needs to earn my respect as an everyday player.

I'm not one to lollygag on the upshot he can bring. I'm more attuned to what he does bring.

BTW what was your former name?

I don't see how anyone can say Zibanejad hadn't brought a lot to this lineup prior to his injury. We look like a different team offensively without him.

I change my username all the time. I went back to Brian Boyle for a while before changing to this one.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
I saw Trouba live when I was in Carolina. He really stood out to me in a good way. He obviously isn't in the best form right now due to his hold out. He was one of the best players on the ice and he is huge. Would be my top target along with Tanev.

Totally agree. Watched Barrie last night and was good offensively but non- existent defensively!

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
What? I love the kid, but cool down. He's not the best forward on the team, not even playing as well as he was.

Nash is still the best forward on this team as he has been ever since we acquired him. The only person on this rankings that Biuchnevich would be ranked over is Vesey.

I wonder what Nash would look like with a lucic type winger on the other side? It might give him a badge of courage to propel him to new heights!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Dan Girardi to Sin City.

Kevin Shattenkirk as Free Agent.

Lindberg for Antoine Roussel.

Shed a galactic anchor. Get a bonafide RHD. Get a gritty forward who fights and hits and goes to the net but also has some skill and scoring for a playoff run.

would but that danny boy be that simple.
correct me if I am wrong, but we may bribe up the wazoo; unless Girardi okays, he stays -- whether it is a draft or a trade

prefer Lindberg, get a bigger return in moving Stepan

I'll lend my 2 cents to this whole ranking thing.

Nash
Zuccarello
Kreider
Zibanejad
Stepan
Hayes
Vesey
Miller
Grabner
Fast
Pirri
Lindberg

Others TBD

- People know I don't rate Miller as high as most others, I think he'll have 1 or 2 seasons of Dubi-like production and then turn into a good 3rd line grinder for the majority of his career. In fact Dubi, for me, had more skill overall.

-Zuccarello has had a rough stretch but his vision and playmaking are still on a while other level from anyone else on this team.

-Stepan is tough to rate because his game is 100% cerebral. He is living proof that you don't need much athletic ability to survive in the modern game if you are clever enough.

-Pirri pisses me off.

That's nice for Derek, commendable even.
But isn't OUR objective max performance of the team, which means more than a 1C who merely survives, but preferably dominates, or holds even with 1Cs that do impose the pace of the game's play.

---------

also, as to all the lists, we should be thinking about moving on, both in terms of immediately preparing for the exp draft, and beyond that as to addressing cap beforehand while being max productive. Failure to be careful under slats has resulted in current problems, and we need to be more responsible.

all of that taken together, the Fs we save from exp (again, how we should plan the roster):
Kreider - Miller - Zib
Grabner - Hayes - Vesey
Buch - Lindberg - Fast

with Vesey and Buch exempt

yes
Nash, Zuc, Stepan
are more valuable than some of the above, but
the point is to stop with win now,
MOVE THE SALARY which I call 'vets'
get useful assets we can develop going forward, juggle for now

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
yes
Nash, Zuc, Stepan
are more valuable than some of the above, but
the point is to stop with win now,
MOVE THE SALARY which I call 'vets'
get useful assets we can develop going forward, juggle for now

165-80-23 since 2013-14.

Stop with the "win now"? If you're winning twice as many games as you're losing what's it going to take to start "winning now"? How much better do you think this club can perform than winning two games for every one they lose? How much better do you think the "useful assets" can do than .636+ point %?

I'm not on board for trading more 1st's and ignoring the future, but this constant desire to gut a pretty damned successful team, by you, grows wearisome.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
What? I love the kid, but cool down. He's not the best forward on the team, not even playing as well as he was.

Nash is still the best forward on this team as he has been ever since we acquired him. The only person on this rankings that Biuchnevich would be ranked over is Vesey.

He has the highest PPG average on the team. I'll stick by what I said. If he's a 65 point player over a full season right now, he's our best forward. We don't even have any 65 point per season players in our group of forwards. That statement being true would be an indictment on everyone else. If he isn't a 65 point player and is lets say a 40 point player, then obviously he's not our best forward, but you are the one that seems sure after 10 games. I really don't know. I can't tell how good he is yet in the NHL. Even the Vesey prediction is difficult after 31 games, but I feel like its obvious that Vesey's per shift impact is clearly lower than the other forwards, so that one is easier to predict.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
He has the highest PPG average on the team. I'll stick by what I said. If he's a 65 point player over a full season right now, he's our best forward. We don't even have any 65 point per season players in our group of forwards. That statement being true would be an indictment on everyone else. If he isn't a 65 point player and is lets say a 40 point player, then obviously he's not our best forward, but you are the one that seems sure after 10 games. I really don't know. I can't tell how good he is yet in the NHL. Even the Vesey prediction is difficult after 31 games, but I feel like its obvious that Vesey's per shift impact is clearly lower than the other forwards, so that one is easier to predict.

Small sample size. Buch has only played 10 games. Having a .8 PPG looks nice, but remember your sample size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad