GDT: Game 7 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK CONTINUES - SLAY THE DRAGON EDITION | Saturday, May 4; 8 p.m. EST | Leafs tied series 3-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
You've been at this shtick all season and it's now your moment. Well played sir.

When we went down 1:3 , doubling down was the only way. The worst case would be one last epic fail to finish the season :D

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Just like the last two times Leafs came back down 3-1 against them, right?

What a joke
I understand the fragility that you and others experience in these kinds of situations. Expecting the worst is a coping mechanism, and I don't begrudge anyone who needs something to cope with a situation. You'll be better after tonight, at least until game 7 against Florida.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Just like the last two times Leafs came back down 3-1 against them, right?

What a joke

Nope, there is a good chance Bruins repeat their last season with a significantly downgraded lineup!

One can rarely agree with Steve Dangle, but It's time for Bruins demons to take over. We just have to show up?

Reactions: bax

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
As someone else correctly said, Boston is broken. I get that people are stressed about this game, but I think it will be over after the first period.
Tonight we find out of you are an Oracle or a false prophet. I'm leaning towards Oracle but these are the Leafs and we know what they do in game #7s.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
When we went down 1:3 , doubling down was the only way. The worst case would be one last epic fail to finish the season :D
It's not that at all. I think there is a decent chance that tonight is Toronto's Cup final win, because the road may come to an end against Florida. Even if it doesn't, there is an even bigger test after that in Carolina or NYR, without even accounting for who comes out of the west. It's great that Edmundson and Boosh can look good against Boston, but it's a real long bridge to expect them to do it for three more series.

Reactions: leafs in five

Mar 26, 2010
As someone else correctly said, Boston is broken. I get that people are stressed about this game, but I think it will be over after the first period.
Well, hopefully the Leafs go in there tonight and kick the Bruins asses. I expect a very nervous game though.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Matthews wont play tonight. Leafs just have to replicate same game plan. I much rather do that going in and would accept a loss better vs matthews in and these guys lay down again

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Positive things to occur tonight to cause events to finally start trending towards the reasonable statistical expections: Leafs PP scores two, Leafs PK shines, JT scores, a Leafs D-man scores, a Leafs bottom sixer scores, and we get 4 or more goals.

It's like Domi and Bertuzzi being offensively dry for most of the season, then it came in a flurry to get them nearer to expected averages of goals and assists.
The law of averages hasn’t been kind this series.
At some point, somethings gonna give 👍
Also, to whoever makes the game thread….please include (at least) an homage to Joe Bowen: we’re going back to Boston buddy, and this time we’re gonna finish the job.
Gives me shivers.
Legend.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
It's not that at all. I think there is a decent chance that tonight is Toronto's Cup final win, because the road may come to an end against Florida. Even if it doesn't, there is an even bigger test after that in Carolina or NYR, without even accounting for who comes out of the west. It's great that Edmundson and Boosh can look good against Boston, but it's a real long bridge to expect them to do it for three more series.
I get wanting to sleigh the dragon but if we are going to shit the bed vs Florida, we are probably better off losing tonight and seeing Shanny's head role on Monday.

Reactions: usernamezrhardtodo

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
I don't think we lose tonight. Our physical game is wearing them down. Let's face it with Florida next it won't be a long cup parade. Enjoy it cause it's Boston but they aren't that good, Samsonov covered up that fact.

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I think ROR is likely the best of the forwards, and Schenn was better than Lub, but like I've said, I like Lub and Domi so far, they are playing great.

ROR >= Domi
Schenn > Lub
Bert > Bunting
Edmundson = Gio > Holl

I think the teams are similar and we are still having the same struggles as before (scoring), although I think Boston is a hard team to score against.

I guess seeing how they do against Florida (fingers crossed) will give us a better idea of how far they've come.
Domi had been the best leafs player outside of Woll, he goes under bruins skins and hes making thi g extremely hard for Boston in their own zone... Domi better offensively, was playig more physical, faster... The only part of the game oreilly was better is in the defenside side, the only one.

Tell me one thi g Schenn did and boosh didn't just for fun. The goal he allowed with 0.1 when the game was over, its the only goal boosh gave up at EV, both played physical game, Offensively both bringing absolutly nothing. So please show me where Schenn was better, you really need to explain me

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I understand the fragility that you and others experience in these kinds of situations. Expecting the worst is a coping mechanism, and I don't begrudge anyone who needs something to cope with a situation. You'll be better after tonight, at least until game 7 against Florida.

It's almost as if you became a fan yesterday.

When you've witnessed this very core go 0-5 im this very situation, I call being "negative" being "realistic"

Nope, there is a good chance Bruins repeat their last season with a significantly downgraded lineup!

One can rarely agree with Steve Dangle, but It's time for Bruins demons to take over. We just have to show up?

Which this core has never done in a game 7

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
It's almost as if you became a fan yesterday.

When you've witnessed this very core go 0-5 im this very situation, I call being "negative" being "realistic"
As a self proclaimed realist myself, I have decided to be an optimist today, as reality will soon set in, so plenty of time to be a realist again tomorrow. :wg:

Last edited:
Reactions: TimeZone

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I get wanting to sleigh the dragon but if we are going to shit the bed vs Florida, we are probably better off losing tonight and seeing Shanny's head role on Monday.
No one said there wasn't a downside. The massive changes people want aren't going to happen, and there likely won't be a coaching change unless the Leafs get steamrolled by Florida. People who are laughing at me still don't get that I'm saying the things I am solely because the Leafs are playing Boston. Long before this match-up was determined I was saying that neither Boston nor Tampa would get out of the first round. Tampa went away meekly. Boston would have, as well, were it not for Samsonov and the Leafs early games penalty killing making things easy on them. When a competent goalie showed up and the Leafs stopped taking penalties, Boston was cooked. That won't change tonight.

I don't think we lose tonight. Our physical game is wearing them down. Let's face it with Florida next it won't be a long cup parade. Enjoy it cause it's Boston but they aren't that good, Samsonov covered up that fact.
Exactly what I am saying.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Edmundson is 5-0 in Game 7’s. I feel like this team will play free tonight.

For those Leafs who went through the Montreal series they know what is going through the Bruins mind now.
We just need to make sure we don't have a usual game 7 stupid mistake that will deflate the confidence that they built over the last 2 games. If they can keep it tied or tight until the 3rd...Boston will start to get really tight in front of the home crowd.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019

I approve this message !

Reactions: bax

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Come on guys, you can do it. Kick that stupid ass rat out of the playoffs.
I think clutch Willie gets it done for you.
Good luck.

Reactions: SwissLeaf

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
It's really a can't lose situation if you don't like Keefe or Shanny. If they lose tonight...I doubt coming back to a game 7 saves Keefe because of the goaltending decisions and PP sucking will sink him. If they win..great..but unless they go on an absolute tear...I doubt it saves their jobs.

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad