Del Rio
AJ Styles
Dean Ambrose
Randy Orton
Shinsuke Nakamura
Roman Reigns
Seth Rollins

I count 7 in 2.5 years

But how many times has he wrestled in that timespan. Not much. He's almost a part-timer now.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
It’s not about that. It’s about hurting the value of a win over him if the likes of Ziggler and Corbin are getting them.

It’s a good way to elevate them. It’s not like either of them are Fandango beating Jericho at Mania.

But it doesn’t have to be one of them. Just use him to elevate SOMEONE on the roster, not a throwaway match against Rey Mysterio.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
What I said came across as confusing but what I meant was if he’s not facing a taker/Rey then whomever he faces that has potential should go over him, Ziggler if you plan on pushing him to the moon can be that guy but for the most part isn’t. How about giving Rusev that win over Cena, Rusev day is starting to blow up so much that the had to mute the chants on smack down.

Have Cena come out after losing at fast lane saying I still don’t have a match for the most important day of the year, Etc, Rusev comes out and says the only day that matter is Rusev day ( isn’t it absurd that chant is over and helped Rusev so much) and Rusev day celebration at wrestlemania will be the best....stupid reason for a feud but giving someone that’s on the cusp a huge victory could push them over the edge.

Also all this is moot. Rumor has it it’s all a decoy and Cena vs taker is happening

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Ziggler hasn’t been pushed in 5 years and he’s 40 now, why would they start now? He’s a utility guy who’s not even over anymore.

Rusev? Yes.
Elias? Sure.
Ziggler? No.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He could have been such a star if they just pulled the trigger on him completely in 2012-2013. Cena, HHH, McMahon didn’t like him though, and HHH’s reasons are completely legitimate and ultimately it sounds like Ziggler held himself back more than anything else.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
And outside of Del Rio you can see the logic and reasoning behind all of them.

There's not one reason for Ziggler to go over Cena. If you're beating Cena you sure as shit better be a guy that is gonna be a star. That ain't Ziggler

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Del Rio made sense. It was your standard terrible WWE storyline after the fact that didn't and killed everything. But bring in Del Rio and putting him right at the top of the card makes all the sense in the world.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Del Rio made sense. It was your standard terrible WWE storyline after the fact that didn't and killed everything. But bring in Del Rio and putting him right at the top of the card makes all the sense in the world.

Debuting someone and having them beat Cena made sense. The person that made the debut shouldn’t have been del rio

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
ADR doesn’t belong on that list above but everyone else does.

Imagine Ziggler being on that? Lol ffs

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Styles was the only right call on that list. Maybe Reigns. The rest had hardly any build. Clean Cena losses should only happen after a lengthy build.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When did Orton beat Cena clean in the last three years? I don't remember that. I don't even remembering them feuding since then.

I think it was a tag match shortly after the Royal Rumble in 2017. Cena got the win back the next week though in a singles non-title, which at the time was presumably the main event for Wrestlemania.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad