SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Rey/Cena would be alot of fun. Taker/Cena would be a car crash

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rey would return at a main event level. Look at him in the Rumble working without a contract.

However, I've only heard and not seen just about anything he's been doing.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Matt’s tweets definitely seem to confirm the news we are getting a Hardy compound blowoff between him and Bray.

Seems it will be called “Ultimate Deletion”

SI also saying the IC title match will be a 5 way with Braun and Elias added to the other three, which is such a waste.

Last edited:

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Matt’s tweets definitely seem to confirm the news we are getting a Hardy compound blowoff between him and Bray.

Seems it will be called “Ultimate Deletion”

SI also saying the IC title match will be a 5 way with Braun and Elias added to the other three, which is such a waste.
Maybe they make it a ladder match, that could be cool. Haven't had a ladder match in a while

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah I quite enjoyed when it looked like it would be a tradition to get a multiman ladder match for the IC title at Mania. The build wasn't always the best but the matches always delivered.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I don’t want Rey or Taker. Seriously stop with the part timers. Mania is already sold.

I’d much much rather see Cena face (and lose to) Dolph Ziggler or Baron Corbin in a story line that actually is something besides two part timers needing.

The Smackdown after Fastlane: Cena mopes about failing and he’s interrupted by Dolph Ziggler who rips him for complaining about missing a Mania when he (Ziggler) has never had a one on one match at Mania and he knows he’s better than Cena.

Or

Corbin interrupts and says he never got a shot at redemption because Cena ran to RAW after Summerslam

Or

The night after on RAW, Elias mocks Cena as washed up and they have the match I don’t believe they ever had stemming from 25th anniversary

Or Sami Zayn. Or Kevin Owens. Etc

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Put Mysterio into the six pack challenge. Make it elimination, Have Mysterio eliminate Cena. Have Cena attack Rey, letting someone pin him.

Boom. Heel John Cena vs Rey Mysterio.

Reactions: SeidoN

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
All that matters is if Cena is facing a Ziggler or anyone younger than Jon he takes the pin.

He’s gonna get that 17th title( probably at summerslam) but he needs to give someone that wrestlemania win over him.

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If you want to make wins against John Cena mean absolutely nothing, you give one to Ziggler or Corbin, I guess.

The guys who have pinned Cena in the past two years off the top of my head are Nakamura, Styles, Ambrose, Rollins, Wyatt, Reigns, Strowman, Owens, Elias, a lot of those being as recent as in the past year or so. The only name who stands out there is Elias, although they're building him up and he's actually over.

Ziggler and Corbin? That devalues a win over Cena imo, and you can't have Cena put over everyone because then it'll mean nothing in general, plus he still needs to look somewhat good for when he wins his 17th title.

He didn't put over Balor, he's not going to be eating pins to Ziggler or Corbin lol.

The only guys on the main roster who haven't pinned Cena that should are Joe and Rusev if they decide to ever get behind him and actually push him.

Reactions: KEEROLE Vatanen

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It was silly that Finn couldn’t get a pin on Cena, but Elias did and I like Elias.

I would say Finn needs to go to SD, but that show is such a train wreck I am not sure it would be better.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Elias did because it was a fluke. Finn needed to get beat by a Super AA.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Yeah I quite enjoyed when it looked like it would be a tradition to get a multiman ladder match for the IC title at Mania. The build wasn't always the best but the matches always delivered.
I kind of figured that's what they were building to when both Finn and Seth fought the Miz on Raw.

I'm not sure how much I want to see Braun in a ladder match but it would be a really cool spot to see someone climb the ladder going for the briefcase, then Braun just picks up the ladder with that person still near the top of it, and just throw the whole ladder with the wrestler out of the ring. Maybe not throw the whole ladder out, but just tip it so the wrestler on it falls off into a pile of wrestlers outside.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I still don't even want Finn getting a pin on Cena unless Finn turns heel. He's a good wrestler but as a babyface, that's pretty much the appeal of Finn Balor -- abs aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad