Raw/SD/NXT/PPV spoiler thread part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
are they actually working Christmas Eve too? Jeez. Give 'em the day off and turn the Christmas Day show into a special or something so the talent don't have to be there so early and can fly in and go to the arena and be there for 3 or 4pm. This way they can spend the night with their families for Christmas Eve at least.

EDIT: just checked the schedule.

No events planned after Smackdown on the 19th until the Christmas Day show. So the Raw crew has Tuesday, the 19th - Sunday, the 24th off completely. The show on Christmas Day is in Chicago, so they'll probably have to catch a red eye if they want to be with their families on Christmas Eve and spend the night. I doubt any gym at all will be open on Christmas Day, to be honest (I know here they won't be on Christmas Day) so maybe the talents can catch a 9am or 10am flight to get in rather than a red eye to make the arena for 2pm.

It's not ideal, but WWE definitely did try giving them time off. WWE didn't even want the live Christmas show. Guaranteed if it were up to WWE, they would have done a Raw live event the same night Smackdown ran TV and then Raw would have done another TV taping for Christmas Day on the Wednesday.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nice digging MCG. At least they are given plenty of time prior to, though the Wednesday-Thursday are regular days off I think, but good to see them give them off the Friday (22) and Saturday (23), Which most weeks have house shows

pretty sure MSG will do good...

Given the current availability, I wouldn’t be so sure.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
There's also the problem of over exposure that talents face. I hate how much we see of the wrestlers. Nothing ever seems fresh, and something that is fresh turns dull in a couple of months.

I feel like that's a big thing. Watching the wrestlers on NXT is great when you only see them once every other taping or something like that. It makes what they do feel more special instead of the same BS every week with repetitive matches...

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
That's why Saturday morning superstars was awesome when I was younger. Only time I really got to watch them on TV, it was either that or my grandmas entire stocked library of WWF VHS tapes. I loved going over there, id just sit in her chair and watch VHS after VHS of different WWF PPV's.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good to see them getting some time off. There are NFL and NBA games during that time period so why not the WWE as well?

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Good to see them getting some time off. There are NFL and NBA games during that time period so why not the WWE as well?
Well, the difference between those leagues and WWE is that those leagues get an offseason of roughly 2-4 months depending on the team. WWE doesn't get that.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I've long thought WWE should adopt an off-season. I know they never will be they should.

It would benefit so many things.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
An off season is a non-starter. There are too many obvious business reasons why they would never do it. What is more reasonable is to give individual talent some time off by stagger your roster usage to rotate guys for rest, but even that is a massive task that wouldn't be trivial to set up.

The big problem is that this would require them to stock up on more talent (easy enough) and keep more guys over at the star level (they're terrible at this). They need to maintain enough guys to fill the houseshow cards without them all looking like C-tier shows, and it's a very big ask what would require a lot of extra work. I'm quite sure the WWE wouldn't be able to pull it off currently with their lack of booking and writing ability.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
There were the odds before Bray and Reigns were replaced:

Sasha over Alicia
Asuka massively over Emma
Balor even Bray
Enzo over Kalisto
Gallagher & Kendrick over Alexander & Swann
Alexa over Mickie
Shield over The Odds

Bálor vs Bray never changed from even since they were posted, and the Shield was already favoured.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
man, im sure both Bray and Fin are happy to not deal with this thing.
Of course.

Wyatt needs time away to reset so bad, and Balor needs an opponent for him to have a good match with and remind people that he's actually a good worker in case this Wyatt program made people forget.

Styles/Balor has legit MOTYC potential, and it sounds like they're going to get the necessary time to reach that status considering how bare bones the card is.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Of course.

Wyatt needs time away to reset so bad, and Balor needs an opponent for him to have a good match with and remind people that he's actually a good worker in case this Wyatt program made people forget.

Styles/Balor has legit MOTYC potential, and it sounds like they're going to get the necessary time to reach that status considering how bare bones the card is.

This AJ/Finn match is only going to reenforce the need for Finn to be on Smackdown.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Now I don't know if I should watch my Pats and their terrible defence against Atlanta or a MOTYC, Bae debuting and the return of ANGLE!!!!

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Nice digging MCG. At least they are given plenty of time prior to, though the Wednesday-Thursday are regular days off I think, but good to see them give them off the Friday (22) and Saturday (23), Which most weeks have house shows

Given the current availability, I wouldn’t be so sure.
I would be shocked if the post Christmas MSG show doesn't draw a big crowd. Me and a friend always go to that show and they always end up with a big crowd. In fact it often ends up being among the biggest crowds they draw for a show all year, including TV and PPV's.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
^^ Possibly, but as of right now, you can get entire rows all around ringside areas. which is kinda nuts.

Though, it’s still 2 months away, so maybe I’m just being dramatic.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Apparently...

- Brock Lesnar will accept the match with Jinder for SS tonight on Raw, and John Cena will be the special guest referee.

- The Raw women will take on Smackdown women at SS, with Bayley vs. Sasha happening tonight to determine the team captain.

- Alexa Bliss will reportedly face Natalya, The Miz will reportedly face Corbin and The Usos will face Ambrose & Rollins (OMG YES) at Survivor Series. There will also be a Raw vs. SD male SS tag match (could be why Shane is there tonight) and CW elimination tag.

So Survivor Series is shaping up like...

Lesnar vs. Mahal w/Cena referee
Raw women vs. SD women
Raw males vs. SD males
Bliss vs. Natalya
Miz vs. Corbin
CW heels (Enzo captain) vs. CW faces (Kalisto captain)
Ambrose/Rollins vs. The Usos.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I’d rather have seen Team Shane vs Team KO and Team BraunShield vs Team MizKane but that might not be available.

I feel like there’s better cross brand options than Corbin vs Miz. Like holy cow really?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Apparently...

- Brock Lesnar will accept the match with Jinder for SS tonight on Raw, and John Cena will be the special guest referee.

- The Raw women will take on Smackdown women at SS, with Bayley vs. Sasha happening tonight to determine the team captain.

- Alexa Bliss will reportedly face Natalya, The Miz will reportedly face Corbin and The Usos will face Ambrose & Rollins (OMG YES) at Survivor Series. There will also be a Raw vs. SD male SS tag match (could be why Shane is there tonight) and CW elimination tag.

So Survivor Series is shaping up like...

Lesnar vs. Mahal w/Cena referee
Raw women vs. SD women
Raw males vs. SD males
Bliss vs. Natalya
Miz vs. Corbin
CW heels (Enzo captain) vs. CW faces (Kalisto captain)
Ambrose/Rollins vs. The Usos.

God dammit, no more Bayley vs. Sasha. I don't want it until I need it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’d rather have seen Team Shane vs Team KO and Team BraunShield vs Team MizKane but that might not be available.

I feel like there’s better cross brand options than Corbin vs Miz. Like holy cow really?

They are doing champions vs Champions, so no, that’s the option

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I wonder if we see Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn move to RAW to face Shane and Team SmackDown.

Could open the door for Balor to move to SD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad