Raw/SD/NXT/PPV spoiler thread part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Excited. Hoping to see a 95 on 5 Hell in a Cell on top of Scaffold match of Doom tonight where the faces overcome the odds in the most "unpredictable" fashion of all-time! Hopefully it runs the entire 3 hours too so we can REALLY buy into the drama!

The perfect match!

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
God dammit, no more Bayley vs. Sasha. I don't want it until I need it.
It's WWE, man.

They'll give you everything, for free, and then wonder why no one is excited for Sasha vs. Bayley #203 when they wrestle at Wrestlemania in a couple years with 2 or 3 months of build!

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Last years 5 on 5 match was amazing and was one of the best matches of 2016. So this years could be a lot of fun

Uso's vs Ambrose and Rollins sounds amazing. I hope we get cross promotion promos between the two teams.

Natayla vs Alxea...no
Miz vs Corbin...hell no

RAW is going to win every one of the RAW vs SD matches..

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Listening to Meltzer's show and he said a bit about the Lesnar vs Jinder match.

The plan is for the match to have a special ref, but Cena isn't the plan. They have other names they want, with Cena being the fallback guy if the other don't want to do it. The idea being that the ref would be an 'intriguing' opponent for Lesnar. Meltzer didn't say anymore more than that, but I think it's one of those 'he's been told more than he can say' things. Which probably means someone outside the company.

So, for some completely baseless speculation on my part, I'm gonna say Batista is who they want. It's a big match that never happened, and you might as well start big and get progressively more disappointed.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I’ll go with either Batista or The Rock. Rock’s schedule seems too packed, though. I can see Batista considering the rumour that he’d be the HOF headliner this year.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Would that mean they go the route of Batista vs Lesnar at the Royal Rumble? Because we all know that would end in a Lesnar victory just to set up Roman Reigns' inevitable main event win at WrestleMania over Brock.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If it's anyone like Rock or Batista, then WWE don't really get to pick their time. They'll have to work around whenever they can get them, if they can even get them at all.

But ofc it would mean them getting beaten by Lesnar. That's how it works, it's how it should work.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I get you want to pick faults at WWE, 'cos it's the cool thing to do, but using an outside star to build someone up is a tired and proven method of making money. Which is the entire goal here. It's something that has existed in wrestling for over 100 years, and probably won't ever go away.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I get you want to pick faults at WWE, 'cos it's the cool thing to do, but using an outside star to build someone up is a tired and proven method of making money. Which is the entire goal here. It's something that has existed in wrestling for over 100 years, and probably won't ever go away.
Or, and just hear me out here for a second because it's a crazy thought, it's a method that IMO hasn't proven effective over the last few years.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Please, tell me how they didn't make money with Goldberg. I really want to know.
WWE is going to make money despite themselves. There is no other competition worthwhile to them. The end goal is always to make money but WWE is going to make it whether they use past stars from outside the company or build up new stars from within.

Bringing back stars from the past to main event PPV's when you don't give that opportunity to a majority of stars on the current roster is simply the wrong approach to take in my opinion.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Bring in one outside guy every now and then really don't hurt the WWE's ability to make stars on the many other shows they do each year. And yes no one else is close to making money to the WWE, doesn't mean you can't look at WWE+Goldberg and compare it to WWE on average and see the difference.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They aren't really going to make money despite themselves. Meltzer said last week that if not for TV rights, the company would be losing money. How do you elevate your value when it comes time to negotiate new TV deals? You bring these guys back to TV and temporarily boost ratings to appear more valuable in the eyes of networks. Goldberg, Batista, Rock, etc., that's why these guys keep being brought back.

The only thing is WWE has them in super matches or going over their full-time guys. The super matches are fine since they don't really affect the regular main roster, but if they're working with a full-time guy in a program, that full-time star should be going over.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm one of the fools who actually likes guest refs. I think it can add to a match every now and again. I really liked Shane being the guest ref for KO and it built for a great feud.

So put me in the minority on this one. I like it.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I like the occasional guest ref too.

As far as bringing old timers back, I enjoy it now and again. I was a fan of Goldberg returning for the first match, hated how they kept him around, but I guess thats what happens when he brought in so many eyeballs.

I do think it can hurt the future for the WWE focusing on bringing back past stars. Eventually they won't come back and you need a pipeline of new "past stars" to bring back. You'll have that in Cena.......and maybe thats why they are pushing Reigns so hard always? They want him to be a future "past star" someday?

Reactions: ColePens

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Vince reportedly wants The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin to be the special referee for Survivor Series. The idea being that while Austin won't wrestle again, him being in the ring with Lesnar would be a good visual. The idea for The Rock being that there were plans for Lesnar and Rock to work a Wrestlemania match until Rock tore some muscles in his last match vs. John Cena, delaying Hercules and leading to the movie studios frowning upon him wrestling. The other idea is that it'll make Jinder look good being in the ring with two big stars like Lesnar and a legend like The Rock or Austin.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
The other idea is that it'll make Jinder look good being in the ring with two big stars

122.gif

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Vince reportedly wants The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin to be the special referee for Survivor Series. The idea being that while Austin won't wrestle again, him being in the ring with Lesnar would be a good visual. The idea for The Rock being that there were plans for Lesnar and Rock to work a Wrestlemania match until Rock tore some muscles in his last match vs. John Cena, delaying Hercules and leading to the movie studios frowning upon him wrestling. The other idea is that it'll make Jinder look good being in the ring with two big stars like Lesnar and a legend like The Rock or Austin.
Get the f*** out of here. Really?

Can Vince f*** off already? Jesus Christ. You're well off... hand over the company, get some rest, buy a yacht and sail off to no return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad