Raw/SD/NXT/PPV spoiler thread part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Plus you can tell that Mahal is not so comfortable with the scripted promos. When he's speaks Punjabi, which I assume is not as scripted, look at how much more confidence and realism his promos have.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
He's a shit champion because he's a shit wrestler. WWE booking is bad for almost everyone so that's a non-factor, but his has been very same-y and that doesn't help him.

Reactions: ColePens

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
But why keep him as champ in that case?

I don't think he's a **** champion. I think they have booked him like ****. Every PPV title defense (except the last one) ends the same way. I know they can't be giving him many clean wins, but they need to get more creative in his heelish wins.
He's booked like shit because he's a shit champion and a shit performer in the ring. He's only champ because they thought they could use him being champ as a boost for the Indian market and their expansion, but all indications from Meltzer point to that being a failure.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
He's passable in the ring, has a great look, and if they gave him more freedom on the mic, people would realize he can cut a promo.

He's stuck with the boring, done-to-death foreigner gimmick because WWE always does that. If you're not white, black, American, or Canadian, almost always your gimmick will be focused on where you're from.

If they want him to draw in India, he should probably lose the turban.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
He's passable in the ring, has a great look, and if they gave him more freedom on the mic, people would realize he can cut a promo.

He's stuck with the boring, done-to-death foreigner gimmick because WWE always does that. If you're not white, black, American, or Canadian, almost always your gimmick will be focused on where you're from.

He's had terrible matches with Nakamura and Styles. That's not passable in the ring. That's being awful.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
He's a **** champion because he's a **** wrestler. WWE booking is bad for almost everyone so that's a non-factor, but his has been very same-y and that doesn't help him.

Kimi usually has a very positive attitude regarding wrestling and this might be the first negative post... ever. :laugh: And I love it.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

I think every thing you've said is pretty wrong. At least the first paragraph.

He's not passable in the ring. He had horrible matches with Nakamura and AJ..potentially the two best ring workers on the main roster. All he would need is a 2 star dud will Rollins to complete the trifecta.

He doesn't have a good look. He's roided beyond belief and its borderline ridiculous and uncomfortable to look at. Add in his dumbassed hair that looks more and more awful with each day.

"If he had more freedom..." yeah. No. You can say that about a lot of guys and while it's true Jinder likely doesn't have much freedom...his stuff is significantly worse than people around him. In delivery too. His voice sounds like he's going to explode at any second.

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
The older I get the less I care about the in-ring quality. Were the matches with Styles and Nakamura really terrible? Haven't any Mahal-Styles matches but the ones with Nakamura weren't very good, I know that. I wouldn't call them terrible though.

He has a great look. How can anyone deny that? I think we should cool it on the steroid allegations. Don't know why that flies here for Mahal.

And him sounding like he's going to explode is awesome. Reminds me of how guys in the 80s and 90s would cut promos with energy. Problem with Mahal is that all of his promos are the same.

I don't think it's a good idea for him to be cutting promos in Punjabi and wearing a turban if they want him to be this big draw in India.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
At least they say he's speaking Punjabi and not 'Indian.'

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't think Brock cares unless it's Mania.
I think he cares if someone can bring a fire out of him. Joe did that. He clearly cared a lot to make Joe look good and sell for him.

Jinder? Not a chance. That's going to be like the Ambrose match from Wrestlemania, with the only difference being that Mahal isn't anywhere close to being the worker that Ambrose is and Ambrose isn't even one of the top ones in the WWE.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Brock didn't wrestle Shane because he didn't want to. Brock gets what he wants, and he has zero issues telling them when he doesn't want to do something.

If he doesn't want to sell for Jinder, he won't.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The older I get the less I care about the in-ring quality. Were the matches with Styles and Nakamura really terrible? Haven't any Mahal-Styles matches but the ones with Nakamura weren't very good, I know that. I wouldn't call them terrible though.

He has a great look. How can anyone deny that? I think we should cool it on the steroid allegations. Don't know why that flies here for Mahal.

And him sounding like he's going to explode is awesome. Reminds me of how guys in the 80s and 90s would cut promos with energy. Problem with Mahal is that all of his promos are the same.

I don't think it's a good idea for him to be cutting promos in Punjabi and wearing a turban if they want him to be this big draw in India.

Honestly, he's bad and a complete joke. Maybe it's just me, but I can't take him serious despite his look... actually, I take him less serious knowing he went from basically this to this in 13-14 months. Yeahhhh, a little questionable for sure.

share1-1495612137-800.jpg

As for his voice... He's not trying to cut an intense promo, he's legit sounding like he's dying inside, or has bronchitis. He's constantly clearing his throat through his promos. The guy is a walking needle.

I don't know how you can deny this, haha.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Brock didn't wrestle Shane because he didn't want to. Brock gets what he wants, and he has zero issues telling them when he doesn't want to do something.

If he doesn't want to sell for Jinder, he won't.

If I recall, Brock was the one who pitched the Goldberg idea and Goldberg wasn't in the plans before that. And to do it he was willing to job to him.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
WWE is discussing turning Dean Ambrose heel after The Shield reunion to set up Ambrose vs. Rollins as a major Wrestlemania match.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
They shouldn't have reunited The Shield in the first place but I'd welcome Dean turning heel and feuding with Seth. I think both work better as heels, though.

They're also fully on board with The Shield being Roman's group and him being the leader. He's already tweeting about how they intend to make Portland "our yard". He's putting his own catch phrases with The Shield lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->