Raptors Discussion: Raptors name Nick Nurse as new head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
And you are not a smart man
Lol, really? Goats don’t get swept. Mj>> Lebron and it’s not even close. Lebron is absolutely #2 though. The only reason LBJ had better playoff numbers (aside the one that matters most, 6-0 vs. 3-6) is the fact Lebron has played more games in the playoffs.
I’m genuinely curious how old are you? Did you actually watch a prime MJ? If you did you wouldn’t say such silly things
Mj

Lebron

Kobe

Everyone else

Reactions: stickty111

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Lol, really? Goats don’t get swept. Mj>> Lebron and it’s not even close. Lebron is absolutely #2 though. The only reason LBJ had better playoff numbers (aside the one that matters most, 6-0 vs. 3-6) is the fact Lebron has played more games in the playoffs.
I’m genuinely curious how old are you? Did you actually watch a prime MJ? If you did you wouldn’t say such silly things
Mj

Lebron

Kobe

Everyone else

Nah, it’s absolutely close and the only metric that’s Jordan’s saving grace is the fact that he went 6-0 in the finals, completely discounting his ability to pass the Pistons early on in his career. I’ve had this dumb debate numerous times, and nobody will agree on a consensus.

My argument is that Jordan isn’t >, but more so =, yall dumbos can throw a “how old are you” line and think you won but in actuality you’re not providing any measure that proves Jordan is a better basketball player than James.

And honestly, because they’re such different athletes, in vastly different eras, I really don’t see why people always have to bring up Jordan when someone calls LeBron a goat (or in this case because LeBron lost in the finals again!). Jordan is the best guard ever, LeBron is the best wing ever, KAB/Wilt are the best centres ever.

LeBron is a FREAK of nature, and nobody has put up the numbers he has. But alas, he lost to a team that features Steph, KD, and Thompson, three of the most dominant 3pt shooters we will ever get to see.

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
According to ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, Raptors 905 G League coach Jerry Stackhouse is joining the Memphis Grizzlies as an assistant coach under JB Bickerstaff.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I am not old enough to have watched MJ play in his prime, but how can LBJ not be the best of all time? The guy can literally do everything. He can legitimately play all 5 positions on the court. I judge players on their individual abilities not team accomplishments. At the end of the day, it still takes a team to win it all. This Cleveland team was very ordinary. If Raps had a spine, Cleveland would have been out. If Boston had Kyrie and Hayward, Cleveland would have been out and it would not be a reflection on how great LBJ is. I am not holding it against him because his team lost to a much better team. Period.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Well, MJ was 9 time all defensive first team to go with 10 times scoring leader to LeBron's 5 and 1 respectively. So there's that.

LeBron will never score at the volume that MJ did because the league was designed for ISOs and post ups compared to more advanced defensive schemes nowadays. MJ was unguardable and it allowed him to score easy buckets. LeBron is unguardable too, but because of help defence he takes on the role of facilitator whenever the defence leaks and a man gets open. If LeBron was in that era, he’d shoot more and probably get more steals with the hand checking rules, and if MJ was in this era he’d be creating more space between defenders and passing a lot more often.

BlueForever75

Oct 4, 2017
There is no contest on whom is still the greatest player of all time, that is MJ. All the respect in the world is owed to Lebron don't get me wrong, but MJ still rules the coupe. Lebron will forever be in his shadow.

Reactions: trellaine201

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
There is no contest on whom is still the greatest player of all time, that is MJ. All the respect in the world is owed to Lebron don't get me wrong, but MJ still rules the coupe. Lebron will forever be in his shadow.

Wow you really added to the conversation and your sentence really proves how MJ is better.

People just say it because they don't know what's in front of them.

Then you've got the nostalgia people that will always say what they had before is better then now. "They just don't make em like they use to!"

There's zero things Michael does better then Lebron except score the basketball. That's literally one aspect of the game Jordan does better.

When it comes to winning, it's TEAM wins, not player WINS. No one player can win a team anything. See Kobe Bryant when he was playing by himself.

Jordan has always had a better team then Lebron except for when Lebron was in Miami. But that was / is the closest Lebron is getting to one of Jordan's teams unless he goes to Houston.

So unless some one is willing to pull out statistics to prove Jordan is better then Lebron, just saying the sentence doesn't make it true.

You're allowed to have your opinions people, but you can't just make up facts.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
On whether Casey would bring Nurse on staff if he doesn't get the Raps job

Doesn't surprise me. Casey's defence-first scheme has shown itself to be very passive and conservative when it comes to the offensive side of the ball. It seems like he is the one who champions all the freelancing and iso-ball stuff that we would see because one guy going off script and hunting for his own buckets does less to disrupt the team's ability to get back into his scheme on the defensive end. If Nurse is indeed the architect of the more open, ball-moving offence that we saw most of the time in the last season+, it wouldn't surprise me if he got frustrated that all his work would go for naught because Casey saw fit to let DeMar lapse into chucking or play sub-optimal offensive lineups because he's more concerned with defensive matchups.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Mj

Lebron

Kobe

Everyone else
I agree 100%

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I separate the individual from the team. I take LBJ ahead of MJ. I don't think MJ had the body of LBJ. LBJ can play every position on the court and do it well. He can drop 50 points while also dishing out 10+ assists and grab 10+ rebounds. He is that good. If there is an all time player draft and I had the first overall pick, I take LeBron.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I wish him the best of luck. Not sure how much of a difference it's going to make to be honest.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
MJ record in finals
6-0
Lebron record in finals
3-6

LeBron's teams were probably favored in 1 or 2 NBA Finals. Jordan's crew was always favored. MJ also through those NBA titles had better teammates except for a couple years when Bron had Wade/Bosh. MJ had Pippen/Kukoc/Grant/Rodman/Harper for many of those titles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad