Raptors Discussion: Raptors name Nick Nurse as new head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Does anyone care about the BC alleged tweets? I really thought it was very gossipy, similar to being in high school but somehow I’m curious now :(

Anyone comment? They say his wife might be behind the accounts BUT why would she be posting stuff , what would the motive be?

Thanks

The internet is the perfect medium for alter-ego, multi-alias personality types to go about posting/trolling in social media hotbeds, thinking no one would know...we have some in these forums too...Colangelo is probably 100% guilty, and it's very childish, unprofessional and unacceptable for someone of his status to do what he's done...I think dragging his wife into this is a mean of trying to save face and his job...she probably knows nothing about it...it's the proverbial excuse, "my dog ate it..."

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The internet is the perfect medium for alter-ego, multi-alias personality types to go about posting/trolling in social media hotbeds, thinking no one would know...we have some in these forums too...Colangelo is probably 100% guilty, and it's very childish, unprofessional and unacceptable for someone of his status to do what he's done...I think dragging his wife into this is a mean of trying to save face and his job...she probably knows nothing about it...it's the proverbial excuse, "my dog ate it..."

I don't know. He is a big name exec and he cares what some Joes think on social media? He has enough time to create 5 different accounts? His wife doing this seems more plausible to me as she would have more time on her hands.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
I don't know. He is a big name exec and he cares what some Joes think on social media? He has enough time to create 5 different accounts? His wife doing this seems more plausible to me as she would have more time on her hands.

Why wouldn't he have the time? I'm sure he carries his smartphone everywhere he goes...doesn't take much time to twiddle his thumbs and type some things on the phone...heck, he could do that while in the toilet even.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Can we dispel this narrative that MJ never complained to the refs?
I said cried. Jordan complained as much as anybody but never relied on the refs to bail him out like LeBron and his flops.

lebron-james-flop-knicks-2012.gif

d8ed8539188c44c8db8550f250f66861.jpg

Dr.Funk

Jul 2, 2004
A surprising contender has emerged for the Toronto Raptors head coaching vacancy.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports that president Masai Ujiri has interviewed Sarunas Jasikevicius for the role.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Warriors are apparently going to meet with Lebron.

RIP the rest of the NBA if the rest actually happens.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Stephen A Smith is hilariously dumb.

After LeBron scores 51 points in game 1 and the Cavs lose "LeBron can't do it all by himself. He has to get his teammates involved if he wants to win the series."

After LeBron posts a triple double and defers to multiple teammates at various points in game 3 trying to get them involved to overcome the Warriors "LeBron can't be meek like that. he has to take charge and take those shots himself. He can't go out there and count on other lesser players to come through for him."

lol Stephen. I'd ask what color the sky is in his world, but I get the feeling that the answer is "whatever color you say it isn't"

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
The Cavs have been very ordinary this post-season. Still very shocked that we got our ass handed to us by them. It shows how far away we are from doing anything.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Sarunas is an absolute legend in Europe and very highly regarded.

Took his team all the way to the EuroLeague final 4, despite the team having one of the lowest budgets in the league.

His team is known for their tremendous ball movement.

It's a risk, of course, hiring a coach from Europe without any North American coaching experience, but I'd love a home run swing.

I think we'll hire Messina though, whom I also like. Would be great if Sarunas would come on as an assistant, but that's unlikely.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Sarunas is an absolute legend in Europe and very highly regarded.

Took his team all the way to the EuroLeague final 4, despite the team having one of the lowest budgets in the league.

His team is known for their tremendous ball movement.

It's a risk, of course, hiring a coach from Europe without any North American coaching experience, but I'd love a home run swing.

I think we'll hire Messina though, whom I also like. Would be great if Sarunas would come on as an assistant, but that's unlikely.

What I like about him the most is they say he's very good at preparing for every opponent no matter what style they play and will always have his team prepared. That's something a good coach does no matter what league you're coaching in. If you can bring a team that had a 2-10 record before you got there into a championship winning team within a year and with a very low budget, they are worth a shot. What do we have to lose? We suck and get a high draft pick? We're on the decline while teams in our conference is on the rise. They have more talent then we do so we have to out coach them.

Reactions: Max Money
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Very similar to the Raptors series. Cavs had a chance to make a statement in the first game, but too many costly mistakes in the 4th quarter. Then mailed in games 2 and 4 lol

I blame the Chris Paul injury. Screw GSW

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Lol. LeBron doesn't stay out for the final handshakes and whatnot. He just bails so he can sulk and pout like a baby, whining that the team didn't get it done (translation: I did my job and everyone else failed me) in spite of the fact that this team was basically hand-picked by him and moves were made at his behest.

trellaine201

Feb 10, 2010
Left coast
Missed that. Turned the channel at the end. He must be really difficult to play with ....that personality etc. Me me attitude as well it appears.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Lol. LeBron doesn't stay out for the final handshakes and whatnot. He just bails so he can sulk and pout like a baby, whining that the team didn't get it done (translation: I did my job and everyone else failed me) in spite of the fact that this team was basically hand-picked by him and moves were made at his behest.

He gave them all handshakes and stuff when he was taken out of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad