Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Josh Nicholls

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Scored 41 goals in the WHL with the Blades this season, originally drafted by Toronto. The Rangers probably saw him scouting McColgan

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Definitely a project. He has a good frame, but he was still pretty lanky from what I remember earlier this year in the couple of Blades games I watched. Still, he fits the mold of a Rangers player. Skates well, good defensively, works his tail off on and off the ice, but isn't overly skilled.

Could be a solid energy line player who can kill penalties if everything works out.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Definitely a project. He has a good frame, but he was still pretty lanky from what I remember earlier this year in the couple of Blades games I watched. Still, he fits the mold of a Rangers player. Skates well, good defensively, works his tail off on and off the ice, but isn't overly skilled.

Could be a solid energy line player who can kill penalties if everything works out.

A few people mentioned that his skating ability isn't all that good in that thread from the Leafs board.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Nicholls contract with NYR is standard three-year entry level deal, listed with annual cap hit of $925K. Gets SB of $92.5K in each of 3 yrs.

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/308710386604072961

SPC begins 2013-14. Nicholls can sign an AHL deal to play in the AHL when his junior year is over. Teams are allowed to sign players after March 1 to have the SPC begin the following season.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
50.8 Prohibited SPC Terms and Practices.

(d) No Club or Player may enter into an SPC that does not cover at least the
then-current League Year. The foregoing does not apply to an SPC entered into pursuant
to Section 50.5(f) above, or to Unsigned Draft Choices or Draft Related Unrestricted Free
Agents, who shall be permitted to sign an SPC during the period from March 1 through
June 1 immediately preceding the League Year in which such SPC is to take effect.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I suppose he'll sign a ATO with Connecticut after Saskatoon's season is done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad