Confirmed with Link: Rangers sign Josh Nicholls

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Max would be closer to a 2.8 mil bonus like Stephane Da Costa got. Coming to a 3.75 cap hit in the NHL.

This is a depth signing, they wouldn't have given him that.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Typical Sather prospect: tall, good skater with a good shot.

Kershaw

So I guess this means we aren't going to be in on Myles Bell.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This is the way you start a big-bodied project, not by picking him 12th overall. Sather is getting it :handclap:

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Max would be closer to a 2.8 mil bonus like Stephane Da Costa got. Coming to a 3.75 cap hit in the NHL.

This is a depth signing, they wouldn't have given him that.

Not max bonus. Max contract. He got the rookie max contract itself with a small bonus. He has the same cap hit as Adam Larsson.

Dorado*

Interesting move . A lotta goals but an over ager . Obviously NYR scouts have seen a lot of him with McColgan on same team ( line ) . Who knows . Maybe a warm body for the whale future NHL plug ?

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Excuse my ignorance, but didn't he already sign a professional contract with the Rangers, meaning he doesn't need to sign an ATO?
Yes, but as RangerBoy corrected me on earlier, his contract will start in the 13/14 season, meaning he won't have a professional contract for this season.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Shane McColgan ‏@Shane18McColgan
Congrats to my liney @Jnicks20 on signing with the @NYRangers, good to c #roomies?
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
why is everyone talking about his size like he's huge? he's under 200lbs. at 6'2 he's not small but not really huge

Oshie

Feb 9, 2010
Saskatoon
I like PK'ers. Anything else to note about his game?

Probably some of the niftiest hands in the league. If he is one on one with a defenseman he is going to for the fancy toe drag or something all the time. Works most of the time. Here is a little example of that.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDAg6vIznN0

He cherrypicks a lot in my opinion, not the best back checker. But that's really his only downfall. He also needs to put a lot more weight on.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Probably some of the niftiest hands in the league. If he is one on one with a defenseman he is going to for the fancy toe drag or something all the time. Works most of the time. Here is a little example of that.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDAg6vIznN0

He cherrypicks a lot in my opinion, not the best back checker. But that's really his only downfall. He also needs to put a lot more weight on.

That was a pretty nice goal.:handclap: And yeah, backchecking is important to me at least, always room to improve at least a small amount. For his size I think he can do well to put on some more weight. A thing to look out for is not to add too much either :laugh:

Oshie

Feb 9, 2010
Saskatoon
That was a pretty nice goal.:handclap: And yeah, backchecking is important to me at least, always room to improve at least a small amount. For his size I think he can do well to put on some more weight. A thing to look out for is not to add too much either :laugh:

Haha I feel ya on the weight thing :laugh:

I don't see Nicholls making it further than maybe 40 AHL games unless something serious happens with his game though. He will be playing University next year.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Haha I feel ya on the weight thing :laugh:

I don't see Nicholls making it further than maybe 40 AHL games unless something serious happens with his game though. He will be playing University next year.

Maybe Uni hockey might do something for him. Sometimes a different scene jumpstarts players, sometimes not. Would be nice seeing him progress nicely, of course

Oshie

Feb 9, 2010
Saskatoon
Maybe Uni hockey might do something for him. Sometimes a different scene jumpstarts players, sometimes not. Would be nice seeing him progress nicely, of course

Yeah definately. I just don't get the massive signing bonus, doesn't make sense to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad