Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Took a look at the Ticketmaster map for the Knicks and if you thought the Rangers were having issues selling out, the Knicks problem is even worse. Granted they have a higher capacity but there’s rows upon rows unsold for upcoming games. There’s a section for the game tomorrow in the 400’s where 6 of the 7 rows are completely unsold at $45 each.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
Sorry to the STHs who attended this debacle. That's good news about the 5k though. I'm gonna try to make it next year. I just hope they don't do it on a holiday weekend again next year.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
This year's lineup was especially bad. In the past it's been ok to good.

2017: Skjei, Carey, Pavelec, Nieves
2016: Mac, Hayes, Vesey, Skjei, Puempel, Pirri
2015: Mac, Step, Yandle, Hayes, Klein (hosted by Sam Rosen)
2014: Marty, Zucc, Staal, Hags, D. Boyle (hosted by Dave Maloney)
2013: Hank, Nash, Zucc, Cally, Staal, Moore, B. Boyle (hosted by John Giannone)

Reactions: coatjones

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
This year's lineup was especially bad. In the past it's been ok to good.

2017: Skjei, Carey, Pavelec, Nieves
2016: Mac, Hayes, Vesey, Skjei, Puempel, Pirri
2015: Mac, Step, Yandle, Hayes, Klein (hosted by Sam Rosen)
2014: Marty, Zucc, Staal, Hags, D. Boyle (hosted by Dave Maloney)
2013: Hank, Nash, Zucc, Cally, Staal, Moore, B. Boyle (hosted by John Giannone)

Were they all "game show nights" or were some of them "Player Forums". I think it makes a difference to the player attending.

OKnumber25

Mar 26, 2012
I just finished reading the MSG company's form 10-K. A couple sections are relevant to our ongoing discussions under the section titled revenue sources:

"During the fiscal year 2017 we made changes to our ticketing policies, resulting in fewer full season tickets sold and more sales of individual and group tickets, as well as partial season pans."

"Our MSG Sports segment also earns revenue in the form of certain fees added to ticket prices for events held at our venues, regardless of whether we act as promoter or co-promoter of such events. This currently includes a facility fee the Company charges on tickets it sells to all events at our venues, except for team season tickets and certain other limited exceptions."

The word Company in the second paragraph is defined elsewhere to refer to MSG. Even so I am assuming this paragraph refers to revenue gained from sales on the Ticketmaster website secondary market (the dread facility fee we see when we purchase tickets), though nowhere is Ticketmaster specifically mentioned. Also nowhere is it specifically mentioned that revenue comes from fees levied on the seller, though I supposed this paragraph can cover seller fees as well. Can this be confirmed by anyone on here fluent in business & accounting?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I think that second part with the fees is in reference to the $5 facility surcharge or whatever it is they tack on to every ticket no matter if it’s bought at the box office or online. I’m assuming they still do that but that had been the case for years and it’s just built into the regular ticket price nowadays.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Anything off for the sellers?
hah, yeah right. On the sell side this is an opportunity to flip tickets if you find anything cheap

I've been looking for tix to shows during the holidays for the family but everything is already ridiculously overpriced. Will have to wait it out til last minute as usual

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I didn't ask but got a note from a friend that the cost was...wait for it...$80,000.
That's nuts, Dolan gets richer by the minute. This is what you get in case anyone has 80 large laying around:

The 60th GRAMMY Awards are coming to Madison Square Garden on January 28th 2018 hosted by James Corden. The GRAMMY Awards is a private, invitation-only event with no tickets available to the general public but as a New York Rangers Season Ticket Member, you have the exclusive opportunity to purchase The MSG Iconic GRAMMY Package and experience this event as part of an elite, Recording Academy approved list.
The MSG Iconic GRAMMY Package includes:
  • Access to the MusiCares Person of the Year Event at Radio City Music Hall
  • Private access for four (4) to pre-GRAMMY rehearsals
  • Four (4) Lower Bowl Seats to the 60th Annual GRAMMY Awards
  • Admission for four (4) to GRAMMY Celebration – Post Telecast Party

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
The Grammy ticket deal is a range of $55,000 to $80,000 for 4 tickets depending upon your seat location.
Before I knew the price I mentioned it to my wife and she said she was interested.
After I found out the pricing and told her, I asked her if she wanted the $55,000 or $80,000 seats !!

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
I just finished reading the MSG company's form 10-K. A couple sections are relevant to our ongoing discussions under the section titled revenue sources:

"During the fiscal year 2017 we made changes to our ticketing policies, resulting in fewer full season tickets sold and more sales of individual and group tickets, as well as partial season pans."

"Our MSG Sports segment also earns revenue in the form of certain fees added to ticket prices for events held at our venues, regardless of whether we act as promoter or co-promoter of such events. This currently includes a facility fee the Company charges on tickets it sells to all events at our venues, except for team season tickets and certain other limited exceptions."

The word Company in the second paragraph is defined elsewhere to refer to MSG. Even so I am assuming this paragraph refers to revenue gained from sales on the Ticketmaster website secondary market (the dread facility fee we see when we purchase tickets), though nowhere is Ticketmaster specifically mentioned. Also nowhere is it specifically mentioned that revenue comes from fees levied on the seller, though I supposed this paragraph can cover seller fees as well. Can this be confirmed by anyone on here fluent in business & accounting?
The move away from season tickets to partial season tickets, individual tickets and group sales is breathtaking. Season tickets are the lifeblood of most sports teams. To fly in the face of this industry standard is a tremendous gamble. While it might result in more revenue in the short term, it has huge risks in the long term.

Reactions: coatjones

coatjones

Debauchery #1
Jul 25, 2011
Staten Island, NYC
Got my Winter Classic tickets in the mail today. The actual ticket is beautiful. The NHL did a good job with them. Was kind of disappointed to only get my 4 tickets and a fan guide loose in a Fed Ex envelope. Loved that they gave us a letter, scarf, and hat for the Stadium Series a few years back. It's still November and we usually get something for the Holiday's from them, so we'll see.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone have any specific details about the practice Saturday? There hasn’t been much info.

Got the email to print the tickets and waiver. Didn’t print them out yet. Email said don’t bring anything to get autographed as there will be no opportunity for that. We’ll see how it goes Saturday morning.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Got the email to print the tickets and waiver. Didn’t print them out yet. Email said don’t bring anything to get autographed as there will be no opportunity for that. We’ll see how it goes Saturday morning.

Yeah, I saw the email after I posted too. I’m curious how this is going to go because there’s not exactly a lot of room for people around the rink and this is open to the public.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Got my Winter Classic tickets in the mail today. The actual ticket is beautiful. The NHL did a good job with them. Was kind of disappointed to only get my 4 tickets and a fan guide loose in a Fed Ex envelope. Loved that they gave us a letter, scarf, and hat for the Stadium Series a few years back. It's still November and we usually get something for the Holiday's from them, so we'll see.

My 300 level tickets has Foxwood Club on it so I assume I will have access

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad