Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I guess some people are reluctant to use TE because they worry about MSG tracking their sales.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I guess some people are reluctant to use TE because they worry about MSG tracking their sales.
That's the primary downside, and they do track everything. They also have a detailed database about your seats, including exact distance to center ice or center court. It's one of the metrics they use for seat valuation

4mattylights

Apr 26, 2016
anyone ever get screwed listing on TE and SH? I know you have to be careful with both selling at the same time and then being out x% of the ticket price. But does/has this actually happen?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
anyone ever get screwed listing on TE and SH? I know you have to be careful with both selling at the same time and then being out x% of the ticket price. But does/has this actually happen?

Someone I know had that happen to them recently. Had to cancel the StubHub sale and got nailed with a fee greater than 50% of what their initial sale was.

Also happened to me on concert tickets once years ago. I learned my lesson not to do that again.

419forever

Mar 14, 2008
NJ

I go back and forth on this - sure MSG can track sales on TE and use that data for their own purposes, but wouldn't they prefer a STH sell on their service rather than SH, Vivid, etc?

I've almost exclusively used TE in the past but now I'm rethinking.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
happens to me every year, cost of doing business. It sucks and it's expensive. What I really need to do is sign up with ticketutils, they post to stubhub, vivid, AND ticketmaster automatically so there's no overlap. Of course that's what stubhub wants you to do because they own ticketutils now so they'll screw you the hardest possible on the double sale even if you have better replacement tickets

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I go back and forth on this - sure MSG can track sales on TE and use that data for their own purposes, but wouldn't they prefer a STH sell on their service rather than SH, Vivid, etc?

I've almost exclusively used TE in the past but now I'm rethinking.

I haven't used TE in years. Why support their efforts to control all ticket sales? And why let them know how many games I go to and what I sell my seats for? Definitely not interested in giving them any more ammunition to screw me any more than they already have.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I haven't used TE in years. Why support their efforts to control all ticket sales? And why let them know how many games I go to and what I sell my seats for? Definitely not interested in giving them any more ammunition to screw me any more than they already have.

Pretty much how I feel. I think for possible huge money playoff games I may go the TE route but everything else nope. No interest in giving them any more money than I already have.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
As a STH one of the advertised perks is the ability to resell your tickets. From what I understand MSG doesn't penalize you for reselling your tickets but base the resale value when they raise ticket prices. An experience I had with MSG about 3-4 years ago that I thought was interesting. I had sold all 6 of my seats on a site other than TE and one of the seat holders got into some sort of an altercation and got ejected. The next morning I got a call from someone at MSG(not my rep.) saying that I was being issued a formal warning and would have my seats revoked pending a review of this incident. I immediately called my rep. who knew nothing of the incident. He looked into it and told me that after a review MSG usually will not revoke your tickets. My rep. squashed the review but did mention that Dolan is furious about all the resale traffic on sites not affiliated with the club ie. StubHub. I think this was an Islander/Ranger game so it was a marquee game and there is no doubt in my mind that the fact that they were resold on a site other than TE played a part in there initial decision. I was then told if the tickets are sold on TE and an altercation occurs the STH will not be penalized. Just another reason to use TE .

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
As a STH one of the advertised perks is the ability to resell your tickets. From what I understand MSG doesn't penalize you for reselling your tickets but base the resale value when they raise ticket prices. An experience I had with MSG about 3-4 years ago that I thought was interesting. I had sold all 6 of my seats on a site other than TE and one of the seat holders got into some sort of an altercation and got ejected. The next morning I got a call from someone at MSG(not my rep.) saying that I was being issued a formal warning and would have my seats revoked pending a review of this incident. I immediately called my rep. who knew nothing of the incident. He looked into it and told me that after a review MSG usually will not revoke your tickets. My rep. squashed the review but did mention that Dolan is furious about all the resale traffic on sites not affiliated with the club ie. StubHub. I think this was an Islander/Ranger game so it was a marquee game and there is no doubt in my mind that the fact that they were resold on a site other than TE played a part in there initial decision. I was then told if the tickets are sold on TE and an altercation occurs the STH will not be penalized. Just another reason to use TE .
I sold Jets tickets a couple of years ago via NFL TE and received a letter telling me essentially the same thing as your phone call.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
happens to me every year, cost of doing business. It sucks and it's expensive. What I really need to do is sign up with ticketutils, they post to stubhub, vivid, AND ticketmaster automatically so there's no overlap. Of course that's what stubhub wants you to do because they own ticketutils now so they'll screw you the hardest possible on the double sale even if you have better replacement tickets
Do you know what the cost of that is? I was on their demo call and had to drop off and never went on again.

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
Did anyone go to the season ticket holder event last night? I'd imagine if did, I would have been non plussed that five of the players I'd most like to see: hank, mcd, zucc, buch and Hayes were court side at the knicks game instead...

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Did anyone go to the season ticket holder event last night? I'd imagine if did, I would have been non plussed that five of the players I'd most like to see: hank, mcd, zucc, buch and Hayes were court side at the knicks game instead...

Hayes was advertised to be at the event too and instead he went to the game. They advertised Hayes, Vesey, Skjei, and Carey. Understandable why Vesey wasn't there but bad look IMO for Hayes to be at the Knicks game and they replace Hayes and Vesey with Nieves and Pavelec...

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Hayes was advertised to be at the event too and instead he went to the game. They advertised Hayes, Vesey, Skjei, and Carey. Understandable why Vesey wasn't there but bad look IMO for Hayes to be at the Knicks game and they replace Hayes and Vesey with Nieves and Pavelec...
The main guys almost never show up, it's even worse for the Knicks events, Carmelo & KP haven't been to anything. At least we've seen Hank & Zucc (he was at Central Park last month) and others at one point or another. It would be cool if they had meet the (whole) team events like other franchises

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
The main guys almost never show up, it's even worse for the Knicks events, Carmelo & KP haven't been to anything. At least we've seen Hank & Zucc (he was at Central Park last month) and others at one point or another. It would be cool if they had meet the (whole) team events like other franchises

I got a pic with and autograph from Richter at the 5k run. That was actually a very enjoyable event and you don't need to be a STH. Boo was the only active player there.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
At the Knicks meet and greet a month ago it was all the Knicks except KP, Hardaway and Ntilikina.

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
last nights was lame. last years was the same but better players and more fun. the game show questions were just plain awful, the games looked like they were made up on the drive over. Skeji and Carey did have a fun type of relationship it seems, they were fun to watch and seemed so in sync.

the 5k was excellent again, great engagement with the alums, a real cool time.

Reactions: Blueshirt Special

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
last nights was lame. last years was the same but better players and more fun. the game show questions were just plain awful, the games looked like they were made up on the drive over. Skeji and Carey did have a fun type of relationship it seems, they were fun to watch and seemed so in sync.

the 5k was excellent again, great engagement with the alums, a real cool time.

Yeah, last night's event was goofy (without Goofy!), a few laughs but really nothing compared to what they used to do just a few years ago. Clearly they do not hold season ticket holders in high regard anymore. Shitty gifts, (a miniature cornhole game? really?!) no food, no booze and no marquee players. A few fans got to participate on stage and were given some nifty looking jackets beforehand. If I had come away with one of those jackets I would have been pleased but really nothing good to report here. It's disappointing. Oh well, glory days of the STH are over.

eKardz

Mar 22, 2009
Holtsville, NY
Yeah, last night's event was goofy (without Goofy!), a few laughs but really nothing compared to what they used to do just a few years ago. Clearly they do not hold season ticket holders in high regard anymore. ****ty gifts, (a miniature cornhole game? really?!) no food, no booze and no marquee players. A few fans got to participate on stage and were given some nifty looking jackets beforehand. If I had come away with one of those jackets I would have been pleased but really nothing good to report here. It's disappointing. Oh well, glory days of the STH are over.

who the hell is going to play a corn hole that small? it was ridiculous.

the guests were pre-picked as well, and I had tickets longer than that one whole family who kept going up.

will I go again, yes, probably because my life revolves around this team, but not really looking forward to it.

Reactions: MacTruck27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad