Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Had my 4 tickets for Winter Classic on stubhub and didn't realize I must have left a default option that you could buy 1-4 tickets...Got an email before that I sold a single ticket :facepalm: Thanks SH. Now i have 3 left, so basically its all but certain i'm going to end up eating a $250 ticket.

And a big f*** you to the guy who bought a single ticket.

Reactions: coatjones

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Had my 4 tickets for Winter Classic on stubhub and didn't realize I must have left a default option that you could buy 1-4 tickets...Got an email before that I sold a single ticket :facepalm: Thanks SH. Now i have 3 left, so basically its all but certain i'm going to end up eating a $250 ticket.

And a big **** you to the guy who bought a single ticket.

It’ll only sell 1 or 3 tickets at this point. I think the default option makes it so that you don’t get left with a single.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City

And a big **** you to the guy who bought a single ticket.
Don't get the anxiety here, 3 together is more valuable than a pair there's not enough for demand at the same price as a pair

I have 3 Rangers in the 400's, I can list all my games at at a premium of at least 10% to pairs

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Don't get the anxiety here, 3 together is more valuable than a pair there's not enough for demand at the same price as a pair

I have 3 Rangers in the 400's, I can list all my games at at a premium of at least 10% to pairs

Agreed. Many people have pairs. Not many people have sets or quads.. For the Mets, I have quads, and always list them as all-or-nothing (when selling them all), because not many people have quads on the aisle in a good location...

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I do the same when I list Giants tickets. 2 are mine, 4 are my brothers, but if we are all selling for a particular game, will list all 6 together as an all-or-nothing offer, at least for the first few months. Was never not able to sell all 6 in one shot for a nice premium.

I agree about 3's having some value. Everyone and their mother posting 2, enough posting 4. Very few with 3.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
is it just me or have sales completely died in the past week. I guess people are recovering from black friday cyber monday
I have mine for the Caps game posted on the exchange at $200 each (face is $137). Haven't sold. Last year, with normal pricing for the game on 12/27 vs Ottawa, I got north of $200 each.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
I have mine for the Caps game posted on the exchange at $200 each (face is $137). Haven't sold. Last year, with normal pricing for the game on 12/27 vs Ottawa, I got north of $200 each.
I have yet to sell a single ticket on TE even when they are the cheapest ticket. I delete the listing and put on SH -- gone right away.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
Is All-For-One available every game? I signed up for and get txts for every game but since I sold my tix for tomorrow and was contemplating going alone was figuring THIS is the game it wouldn't be available for.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Nothing we haven't really discussed here before, but now others are discussing it... The Garden is more than willing to accept non sell-outs if it means more revenue from individual ticket / smaller plan buyers than selling everything as full-season. Not to mention the tourist business...

Although the article is about the Knicks, one can clearly see the parallels to what we observed the past few seasons.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/08/why-fewer-knicks-sell-outs-are-not-concerning-msg-officials/

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Less people = less money going to food and merchandise. They are pretty dumb if they don't see that. And with the outrageous prices for everything in there they are probably losing out ona good amount of money.

On average each person probably spends lets say, $10 (and that is on the low end, some people spend a lot more if they are buying 2 beers and a burger). 1,000 less a game = $10,000 less a game.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Nothing we haven't really discussed here before, but now others are discussing it... The Garden is more than willing to accept non sell-outs if it means more revenue from individual ticket / smaller plan buyers than selling everything as full-season. Not to mention the tourist business...

Although the article is about the Knicks, one can clearly see the parallels to what we observed the past few seasons.

https://nypost.com/2017/12/08/why-fewer-knicks-sell-outs-are-not-concerning-msg-officials/
"Recently, the Garden limited the amount of season tickets for one purchaser to eight."

that's news to me, when they had the broker purge they cut the limit to 4 with a grandfathering in of 6 for existing accounts

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Is All-For-One available every game? I signed up for and get txts for every game but since I sold my tix for tomorrow and was contemplating going alone was figuring THIS is the game it wouldn't be available for.

It’s been available every single regular season game since it started. Expect the text at 7 tonight.

Reactions: ponytrekker

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Sold mine for that game this past week on Vivid and cleared $200 each. Upper center 200’s.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Less people = less money going to food and merchandise. They are pretty dumb if they don't see that. And with the outrageous prices for everything in there they are probably losing out ona good amount of money.

On average each person probably spends lets say, $10 (and that is on the low end, some people spend a lot more if they are buying 2 beers and a burger). 1,000 less a game = $10,000 less a game.
Not really true. Everyone is not buying food and drinks inside or merchandise. In fact, the greater majority of fans are NOT buying merchandise at a game.
I generally do not buy anything inside, maybe a bottled water, maybe a beer. 90% of the time, I eat outside at one of the restaurants or delis.

As far as beer, the prices inside are no worse than you would find at a nearby bar. I believe a 20 or 24oz is $12.75 inside? A pint at a bar in that area is going to cost $7 or $8.

Finally, the belief is the people that come only on occassion, whether it be with a group, or just as a special night out are more likely to go all out and buy lots of food and drinks, buy some merchandise. And, the difference in price more than makes up for whatever they lose in profit from my 1 water bottle or beer.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Not really true. Everyone is not buying food and drinks inside or merchandise. In fact, the greater majority of fans are NOT buying merchandise at a game.
I generally do not buy anything inside, maybe a bottled water, maybe a beer. 90% of the time, I eat outside at one of the restaurants or delis.

As far as beer, the prices inside are no worse than you would find at a nearby bar. I believe a 20 or 24oz is $12.75 inside? A pint at a bar in that area is going to cost $7 or $8.

Finally, the belief is the people that come only on occassion, whether it be with a group, or just as a special night out are more likely to go all out and buy lots of food and drinks, buy some merchandise. And, the difference in price more than makes up for whatever they lose in profit from my 1 water bottle or beer.

This is true. I'll get a beer at most. Before the game, it's worth while to get food and a beer from a bar or grab a slice and a beer from Penn before heading upstairs. Unless I'm running late and can't get food before the game, I'll buy at MSG. If you go to MSG enough, you know the landscape and the places to get something to eat/drink cheaper.

I'm sure their concessions and merch sales are up if people are buying a single game. It's their only time they can get to MSG that year and they'll hit them with an increased ticket price from subscribers and they'll buy something from the store.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Sold mine for that game this past week on Vivid and cleared $200 each. Upper center 200’s.
I have never used Vivid. I have stopped using stubhub as they do not do enough to protect the sellers. I have actually verified the protocol at MSG when someone is denied entrance and they STILL made the claim that stubhub doesn't have time to contact the seller.

Do you what Vivid's policy is if the buyer is denied entrance?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I have never used Vivid. I have stopped using stubhub as they do not do enough to protect the sellers. I have actually verified the protocol at MSG when someone is denied entrance and they STILL made the claim that stubhub doesn't have time to contact the seller.

Do you what Vivid's policy is if the buyer is denied entrance?

Someone on here posted their experience here earlier in the season. Seems like they’re more understanding and more knowledgeable about the process than StubHub is.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I have yet to sell a single ticket on TE even when they are the cheapest ticket. I delete the listing and put on SH -- gone right away.
The other day I checked the game by going to through "Single Game Tickets" on the Rangers website. When I clicked on the game, the default did NOT include the resale listings. So, the person going on looking to buy a Xmas or Chanakuh present may not realize the resale listings are up (and cheaper).

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Shady Tickets Business....!

Everyone knows you need to wait until 72 hours before a game to download and print your Rangers tickets. That goes for season tickets, partial plans, and tickets bought on ticketmaster. We also know the Rangers ejected hundreds (thousands?) of broker seats and set the limit anywhere between 4 and 6 seats.

So check this out, 12/23 Maples Leafs Christmas game:
https://www.stubhub
.com/new-york-rangers-tickets-new-york-rangers-new-york-madison-square-garden-12-23-2017/event/103044093/

There are entire rows and blocks of 12 - 20 tickets listed for INSTANT DOWNLOAD

Where the heck are these tickets coming from if not the team istelf?? (completely illegal by the way)

lLV0yrc.jpg

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013

I noticed that this season, at least end-ice on the 200-level (8th avenue end), many of the concession stands / beer stands don't even open... So not everyone is buying, or they realize they won't make any more money by having more points-of-sale open.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I have a small concession stand behind me, hot dogs, pretzels,pop corn soda, water, sometimes beer, and a few selections on candy and ice cream, popcorn. For the home opener, it was closed. I asked at the beer stand behind 225/226 and was told someone called out and they couldn't staff it.

HOWEVER, towards the end of the Isles game, a supervisor put out free popcorn boxes on the counter where they napkins and condiments are located. I didn't even want anything, but MSG freebies are so rare, I just had to grab one!

Reactions: The Crypto Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->