Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Can somebody explain the Flex system to me?
How does it work?

Dynamic Pricing would be a better descriptive term for it. If there is low demand for a game, and the Garden is sitting on unsold tickets, they will reduce the price of the tickets in hopes to generate a sale.

I sign up by text, and they notify me of seats available?
How much notice?

You might be referring to the "All for One" day-of-game single seat sales.

http://desktop.expapp.com/nyr/pass_one

In a nutshell, you sign up, and on the day of a game, you will get text message advising you there are single seat tickets available. You then use the app on your phone (iPhone and android only - sorry no email, no flip phones) to buy a $70 upper or a $95 lower bowl single ticket. They say they'll send the text around noon-time day -of, but could be a couple hours before puck drop...

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
So I have a question, what's going on with the Rangers and ticket sales this season?

On TIQIQ, prices seem to be pretty much in line with previous seasons; the Rangers are just about the pricest team in hockey.
-However, many of you here are complaining about stagnant sales.
-Moreover, did I read correctly, the Rangers did NOT sell out against 10/21 or 10/31 against Las Vegas?
I'm stunned for many reasons...first if they did not sell out, you would have thought there would have been an article written about it, but there wasn't anything.
Second, why? Rangers are coming off another playoff run last season, granted they have had a rough start, but I can't understand why it would hit the box office so quickly.
Even more, the Knicks stink, and yet their games are just about always sold out.
Historically, the Rangers and Knicks have both held strong in attendance even in lean years...so I don't understand why after 7 straight/11 of 12 playoff seasons, a bad October and the Rangers would be hit this soon at the box office; especially when their co-tenant has been awful for a decade or more.

-EVEN if all that were true, usually tickets are sold well in advance...with MSG having full STH, how would tickets suddenly become available?

Blueshirt Special

Shady Brey
Feb 28, 2007
NJ
www.linespeedconsulting.com
Ranger fans are very fickle when it comes to what they are willing to pay. Team hot and were on a roll? "I wanna be there when Grabner gets a hatty!" Team on a downslide and looking like they will lose? "f*** those guys! I'm not paying that kind of $$ to see a shit show!"

Reactions: NYRA15

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Okay, not sure where to post this. Didn't think this would warrant its own thread but I figure you guys can help me out here.

I've been to Rangers games before and for know how to get from and to MSG how to behave etc. The basic stuff.
However, I've always been by myself. This year, as part of our trip to Europe I figured since we are in New York anyway I'd take my whole family to the game (wife and 9 year old kid).

This will be his first ever visit to MSG so in itself it will already be super exciting for him. My question though is, do they have any sort of "kids area" or "kids activities" where you can show up early for game day and offer some sort of activity for the "little ones"? Anything really, corny stuff like face painting, 5-hole shootout, whatever. If they don't it's not that big of a deal but I just wondered how to make this special day even more special for my son.

Thanks in advance.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
So I have a question, what's going on with the Rangers and ticket sales this season?

On TIQIQ, prices seem to be pretty much in line with previous seasons; the Rangers are just about the pricest team in hockey.
-However, many of you here are complaining about stagnant sales.
-Moreover, did I read correctly, the Rangers did NOT sell out against 10/21 or 10/31 against Las Vegas?
I'm stunned for many reasons...first if they did not sell out, you would have thought there would have been an article written about it, but there wasn't anything.

The money people realize this:

1. If you sell out every game, then you under-priced your tickets.
2. If you leave one seat unsold, or sold your last ticket two minutes to puck drop then you pretty much hit the nail for pricing on the head. You've maximized ticket revenue.

So a sell-out is not necessarily a good thing for the bottom line....

Second, why? Rangers are coming off another playoff run last season, granted they have had a rough start, but I can't understand why it would hit the box office so quickly.
Even more, the Knicks stink, and yet their games are just about always sold out.
Historically, the Rangers and Knicks have both held strong in attendance even in lean years...so I don't understand why after 7 straight/11 of 12 playoff seasons, a bad October and the Rangers would be hit this soon at the box office; especially when their co-tenant has been awful for a decade or more.

-EVEN if all that were true, usually tickets are sold well in advance...with MSG having full STH, how would tickets suddenly become available?

Ten home games in October, which is not a hot-bed month for hockey, did not help this season. The 11-tier variable pricing also does not help, as the Garden itself already knows which games can be sold at a big markup and which games can be sold below STH average face.

There are tickets that are held back for the teams. This will get released to the public day of game if the teams do not need them - maybe even sooner. If they still don't sell, then there is no sellout.

The Yankees made a good playoff run, and probably drove the sports narrative in town for a while...

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I don't know what the Rangers are announcing but I talked to someone today with knowledge and they told me there have been as many as 1000 unsold seats for some games.

Most games have been announced as a sellout but they clearly aren’t. Just pull up the Ticketmaster map a few minutes before puck drop and you’ll see how many empties there are. It’s noticeable inside the building too.

rkhum

Aug 3, 2011
This was like the 3rd or 4th game in a row that was not a sell out, WTF?
The Rangers haven't missed the playoffs since 2010, made it to the second round, and had good expectations.
I don't get why, after years of sell outs, the Rangers now have empty seats.
I could see if they had a season like the Giants, but all they had was a bad October.

Usually, the Rangers STH are hard to get, they don't do many walk up sales, so what gives?
Why after all these years of sell outs, did the Rangers suddenly start having empties.
Doesn't make sense...unless there is either some major ticket pricing change this season.
Would seem to me interest would be no worse than previous seasons-all of them sell outs.
Moreover, Knicks have sucked for decades and sell out, so again, I would think there would be more resilancy after a bad October.
Seems odds the floodgates opened.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
This was like the 3rd or 4th game in a row that was not a sell out, WTF?
The Rangers haven't missed the playoffs since 2010, made it to the second round, and had good expectations.
I don't get why, after years of sell outs, the Rangers now have empty seats.
I could see if they had a season like the Giants, but all they had was a bad October.

Usually, the Rangers STH are hard to get, they don't do many walk up sales, so what gives?
Why after all these years of sell outs, did the Rangers suddenly start having empties.
Doesn't make sense...unless there is either some major ticket pricing change this season.
Would seem to me interest would be no worse than previous seasons-all of them sell outs.
Moreover, Knicks have sucked for decades and sell out, so again, I would think there would be more resilancy after a bad October.
Seems odds the floodgates opened.

bingo - a lot of upper level seats went up in price 25% this off season to full season ticket holders. knicks arent selling out either.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Usually, the Rangers STH are hard to get, they don't do many walk up sales, so what gives? Why after all these years of sell outs, did the Rangers suddenly start having empties.
Rangers season tickets are still hard to get, actually pretty impossible. When a full STH gives up their seats they don't get offered again for sale, they are sliced and diced into either half or partial plans at a huge markup to the STH face. These non-sellouts are mostly due to being October with 10 games and with the price increase of tickets. We are over the hump of that glut and demand is going to really ramp up into December. In January it's going to be hard to find a ticket.

But I will say, price pressure is definitely down with people not as willing to pay as much. It's very evident with the Knicks, even with them playing well people aren't paying the crazy prices anymore. MSG stock recently got downgraded, analysts are not seeing the income growth being sustained

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I didn’t want to post about this until the issue was resolved.

For the San Jose game, I sold some seats on Vivid and they gave me a call that the tickets didn’t scan. I issued new seats and told them to tell the buyer to go to the reprint window. While waiting I called the hotline and told them that if anyone with my seats asks for reprints to just issue them.
The buyer never went to the window. Vivid told me they would send me a conflict resolution form where I would be able to present my side of the story. The form came a day later and I filled it out as best I could. About 4 days later, they sent me an email telling me that they believe my side of it and I would be getting paid for the game.

I really don’t know what happened, but my guess is that seat values have plummeted and someone was trying to scam me. If this was StubHub, my credit card would have been charged and I would have had to jump through hoops to prove I was right.

I’m not sure if this is the exception of the rule with them, but they assured me my account was in good order and apologized for bugging me.

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
Vivid is broker friendly, stubhub doesn't care about you at all
I was shocked at how awesome they were. I'm made a mistake or two on StubHub over the years and was always OK with accepting responsibility for it. When I was in the right, it was always jumping through hoops to get anything resolved.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
welp, guess the girlfriend is never going to a Rangers game again! haha

over/under on how long before they pull these images from the web...

Last edited:
Reactions: eKardz

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
not sure if any of you have seen this, but it's awesome. got a bunch of cool shots of me and the wife, camera goes back to March 4th and they've been doing it every game since.

https://newyorkrangers.fancam.com/20171031/?sp=

Now wait till I tell stub hub I wasn't in my seats, I can send them the face of the person lol.

I actually hope they'll continue doing this. Would love to have pictures of my son's first game in December there.

4mattylights

Apr 26, 2016
Anyone else having issues with the app today? I can't add my ticket to my wallet, and can't transfer to my friend going to the game

Rangers110

Apr 29, 2012
Anybody else notice an uptick in tickets sales. Sold two different game on Stubhub today.
For the 12-27 game vs. Caps a buyer bought 4 out of 6 of my tickets
For the 11-26 game vs. Vancouver a different buyer bought all 6 of my tickets listed.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Anybody else notice an uptick in tickets sales. Sold two different game on Stubhub today.
For the 12-27 game vs. Caps a buyer bought 4 out of 6 of my tickets
For the 11-26 game vs. Vancouver a different buyer bought all 6 of my tickets listed.
I would be careful using Stubhub. It seems like they are screwing over sellers more and more lately.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I would be careful using Stubhub. It seems like they are screwing over sellers more and more lately.

Yeah I only use TE. Especially with the high $$ games like the Caps. I think someone here said he knows a broker who would not use SH for high $ games. Just too much risk

Reactions: Blueshirt Special

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
Where do you recommend to use instead? I've been using StubHub forever but i'm getting fed up with them...

TE..as both a seller and a buyer. I actually have gotten pretty good deals as a buyer and Inlike the fact that I can see exactly where the seats are on the map. And I don't have to worry about scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad