Rangers Season Ticket Holders: Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah, I saw the email after I posted too. I’m curious how this is going to go because there’s not exactly a lot of room for people around the rink and this is open to the public.

I expect it to be a clusterf... Let's say there are 10,000 season ticket holders (pulled that number out of no where), even if 3% RSVP'ed that's 300 people, not sure where they are going to fit 300 rink–side seats plus it being open to the general public. Let's see how it goes. I'll be bringing my skates.

Speaking of open skating sessions, any word on there being an open skate at Citi Field after the Winter Classic? I really enjoyed the open skating session at Yankee Stadium after the Stadium Series back in 2014.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
Got my tickets today as well. They really look nice. Though I do wish they came in a nice envelope and provided us with some lanyards for them. They were just in a FedEx envelope.

BLSZ6qRl.jpg

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
I expect it to be a clusterf... Let's say there are 10,000 season ticket holders (pulled that number out of no where), even if 3% RSVP'ed that's 300 people, not sure where they are going to fit 300 rink–side seats plus it being open to the general public. Let's see how it goes. I'll be bringing my skates.

Speaking of open skating sessions, any word on there being an open skate at Citi Field after the Winter Classic? I really enjoyed the open skating session at Yankee Stadium after the Stadium Series back in 2014.
I definitely agree on the practice. Plus, I would expect the rink for the open skate to be crowded as hell after.

I also did the open skate at Yankee Stadium and loved it. Going to email rep to ask about Citi.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Rep said they are not aware of anything,but to be certain I should contact Citi Field as they may have more information. He made the claim that because it is not a Rangers home game, it is completely out of their hands. I pointed out that the Yankee Stadium games were not Rangers home games, but they still had a Rangers STH open skate that was a Rangers event.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Got my Winter Classic tickets in the mail today. The actual ticket is beautiful. The NHL did a good job with them. Was kind of disappointed to only get my 4 tickets and a fan guide loose in a Fed Ex envelope. Loved that they gave us a letter, scarf, and hat for the Stadium Series a few years back. It's still November and we usually get something for the Holiday's from them, so we'll see.
Did you really love paying an extra ~$60 per ticket for the scarf and hat?

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Rep said they are not aware of anything,but to be certain I should contact Citi Field as they may have more information. He made the claim that because it is not a Rangers home game, it is completely out of their hands. I pointed out that the Yankee Stadium games were not Rangers home games, but they still had a Rangers STH open skate that was a Rangers event.
I called the Mets a while back and they said they had no idea if the clubs would be open. For the all star game they said MLB had access to the delta club but access wasn't based on your seat location (don't remember what she said about the other clubs). For the stadium links golf event at citi a few weeks ago the delta club was open.

McD27

Jul 11, 2013
I called the Mets a while back and they said they had no idea if the clubs would be open. For the all star game they said MLB had access to the delta club but access wasn't based on your seat location (don't remember what she said about the other clubs). For the stadium links golf event at citi a few weeks ago the delta club was open.

Not sure if this answer your question but for the 300 level tickets, it has "FOXWOOD CLUB" printed on top.

For the Hyundai sections, its has "HYUNDAI CLUB" printed on top.

I think that means those clubs will be open and if your ticket has it printed then you have access

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Not sure if this answer your question but for the 300 level tickets, it has "FOXWOOD CLUB" printed on top.

For the Hyundai sections, its has "HYUNDAI CLUB" printed on top.

I think that means those clubs will be open and if your ticket has it printed then you have access

The Foxwoods Club will be open... It's the only way (the public) can really move from the first base side to the third base side on the Excelsior level of the ballpark without going up and/or down a level. What amenities they will have available will be up to discussion.

If anyone has a 400-level ticket, does it have "Promenade Club" imprinted on it?

It's not known if "Club Access" for this game will parallel club access for baseball games...

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
The Foxwoods Club will be open... It's the only way (the public) can really move from the first base side to the third base side on the Excelsior level of the ballpark without going up and/or down a level. What amenities they will have available will be up to discussion.

If anyone has a 400-level ticket, does it have "Promenade Club" imprinted on it?

It's not known if "Club Access" for this game will parallel club access for baseball games...

I have what would be Promenade Box for the game and no club access printed.

JRinNYC

Section 227
Sponsor
May 11, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I definitely agree on the practice. Plus, I would expect the rink for the open skate to be crowded as hell after.

I also did the open skate at Yankee Stadium and loved it. Going to email rep to ask about Citi.

Looks like season ticket holders are only allowed to skate after the open practice. Saw the following which has a little more information. New York Rangers Open Practice

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
I usually take my ticket and put it in one of these -
....and drop that in a lanyard. I have learned a very long time ago to purchase my lanyard after the event on clearance.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013

I do and it does not.

With the Mets, club access tends to parallel season commitment rather than seat location. As one of my sets of 400 seats was purchased via my 1/2 season Mets plan, I can say it does not.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
What happened to the sticky threads? This thread and fan-to-fan resale threads are unstickied.

BTW I had my Mets relocation today and unlike last year, there wasn't much available in any of the plans (at least not for decent seats).

Reactions: coatjones

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
What happened to the sticky threads? This thread and fan-to-fan resale threads are unstickied.

BTW I had my Mets relocation today and unlike last year, there wasn't much available in any of the plans (at least not for decent seats).

Both threads were unstickied because apparently the boards are only allowed to have 7 at a time for whatever reason.

I had mine too and there was much of nothing and that won’t change until they finally throw all the unrenewed plans back into the pool in January or so.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013

Wow, thought it was just me. Stuck with my FL seats. Not much available upstairs and nearly as expensive as my Field Box.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Wow, thought it was just me. Stuck with my FL seats. Not much available upstairs and nearly as expensive as my Field Box.
and you just know they are screwing you to hold on to the best seats for individual sales. There were a ton of non-renewals this year, there should be a lot available for relocation. Sounds like they are copying MSG and not releasing inventory for re-circulation, not sure the Mets can afford to play that game with Citi Field without it burning them

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010

I just got my email right now and I go December 11th. What kind of plans are you talking about? I was looking to move up top at this point because of the price.

The fact that single game tickets are on sale and we didn't get to relocate yet means something is up for sure.

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
I just got my email right now and I go December 11th. What kind of plans are you talking about? I was looking to move up top at this point because of the price.

The fact that single game tickets are on sale and we didn't get to relocate yet means something is up for sure.

It depends what you are looking for. I have a four-seat Saturday Plan in 423, and there was NOTHING closer to home plate in Prom Box / Prom Gold. I could have moved up to a low row in the 500's, but that's not going to happen. I prefer being below the concourse.

There wasn't anything worthwhile in the infield on the Excelsior level, either.

I really didn't look elsewhere. I was hoping to stay in PB, but move towards home plate. Last year (or the year before) there were some Prom Gold seats open for Saturday plans, but I couldn't justify the price increase.

To that end, as others have posted here (if not here, over in the Citi-Field ticket thread at Baseball Fever), cancelled seats haven't been put back in play yet.

If there is something you like, take it. If you happen to find something better later, phone your rep and have him relocate you. Just don't sell any tickets, else you are locked into your location.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
There’s no conspiracy here. Individual sales always go up early and it’s always crappy locations to start. The issue is the renewal dates they gave you aren’t the true renewal deadlines. They hold them in the persons account until the true drop dead date which is usually in January. Then those unrenewed plans go back into circulation. So the only inventory you’re seeing right now are spots they previously had open or spots where a person moved from.

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013
and you just know they are screwing you to hold on to the best seats for individual sales. There were a ton of non-renewals this year, there should be a lot available for relocation. Sounds like they are copying MSG and not releasing inventory for re-circulation, not sure the Mets can afford to play that game with Citi Field without it burning them
There is always a very real option of dropping them and starting from scratch later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad