GDT: Rangers @ Leafs, | Heavyweight Tilt A.K.A. Reavo Vs Rempe | HNIC 7 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

diehardleafsfan9878

Mar 9, 2015
It's really sad how many of you are still down on Samsonov when he's been nothing but spectacular since returning to the lineup. Don't get me wrong, I want Woll for game 1 of the playoffs, but he can't play every game, especially when he's just returning from a long term injury.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
It's really sad how many of you are still down on Samsonov when he's been nothing but spectacular since returning to the lineup. Don't get me wrong, I want Woll for game 1 of the playoffs, but he can't play every game, especially when he's just returning from a long term injury.

I want to believe in Sammy but his last 3 games he's had a save percentage of .885, .897, and .839. His worst three game stretch since returning. I'm hopeful he can still make the crease a battle with Woll but it's not surprising many still have him on "probation."

Reactions: Confucius

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I want to believe in Sammy but his last 3 games he's had a save percentage of .885, .897, and .839. His worst three game stretch since returning. I'm hopeful he can still make the crease a battle with Woll but it's not surprising many still have him on "probation."
He did still win 2 of those games and IMO the sv% against Colorado doesn't reflect how well he actually played as he made plenty of ten bell saves while the Leafs were getting skated into the ground.

Even Swayman who has a .920 on the season and is probably Boston's MVP won 2 of his last 3 games with sv%s below .900.

Now obviously, Samsonov has to rebound, but as long as he keeps playing how he has overall since coming back from his mental health break then he should be in good shape.

I'm not down on Sammy, he's played well, battled hard. It's just for me Woll is the better option, temperament wise, technically, and his tracking. I'm fine with the tandem, I just think Woll is our best playoff hope.
This is a reasonable take. We want both guys playing well but Woll is the future.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
The disrespect Samsonov gets is curious to me. Even though we knew he was injured in the playoffs and was the only goalie to actually win us a game in the playoffs in 20 years. No other goalie has ever stole us a game. People just absolutely laid it on him this offseason for no reason at all! It was shameful and the worst part of our fanbase reared its head towards him.

He hasn't been great this year no doubt but he put up the best season a Leaf goalie has in I don't know how long last season. Better than Andersen ever did for us and people still say they want Andersen back etc etc. Probably the best season a Leaf goalie has put up in 20 years.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
The disrespect Samsonov gets is curious to me. Even though we knew he was injured in the playoffs and was the only goalie to actually win us a game in the playoffs in 20 years. No other goalie has ever stole us a game. People just absolutely laid it on him this offseason for no reason at all! It was shameful and the worst part of our fanbase reared its head towards him.

He hasn't been great this year no doubt but he put up the best season a Leaf goalie has in I don't know how long last season. Better than Andersen ever did for us and people still say they want Andersen back etc etc. Probably the best season a Leaf goalie has put up in 20 years.
To be fair, the guy did implode in biblical fashion, we literally gave up on him. So, "disrespect" to me is more understandable. I for one thought he was done here, shocked he turned it around.

Reactions: Cleetus

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Weird watching these clips of Kucherov. When he does those moves against us in playoffs they end up muffin shots

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
dude i dont want rempe to fight. if he keeps this up he wont be there for too long.
Watching him get pumped against Olivier was hard to watch honestly.

To be fair, the guy did implode in biblical fashion, we literally gave up on him. So, "disrespect" to me is more understandable. I for one thought he was done here, shocked he turned it around.
I wonder why? Maybe because he just put up a season for the ages for us and did something no one has done since Belfour. And we promptly tell him to f*** off, the future is some guy who has played 10 games in his career and has injury issues. What disrespect. Imagine having millions of people telling you it's not good enough but its the best theyve seen in their f***ing lives.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Rangers are a great club so I'm expecting the boys to put together a full 60 minutes. If not, we're going to get demolished.

I think it'll be close but we'll take it 5-4. Let's go!

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Detroit loss today, I'm not really concerned about them or TB catching us. There is a possibility we can catch the Bruins though, two more head to head, two games in hand and only two behind in regulation win tiebreakers.
We'll pretty much know the answer by next weekend lol. If they're able to stay hot and get at least 3 points against the Bruins this week then it becomes very possible. Anything less than 2 pts and it's pretty much over IMO.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Detroit loss today, I'm not really concerned about them or TB catching us. There is a possibility we can catch the Bruins though, two more head to head, two games in hand and only two behind in regulation win tiebreakers.
We can catch anybody, 10 points back 2 games in hand 23 more to play

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Watching him get pumped against Olivier was hard to watch honestly.

I wonder why? Maybe because he just put up a season for the ages for us and did something no one has done since Belfour. And we promptly tell him to f*** off, the future is some guy who has played 10 games in his career and has injury issues. What disrespect. Imagine having millions of people telling you it's not good enough but it's the best theyve seen in their f***ing lives.
You're acting like Sam is some known quantity who did it for years , he was literally let go by Washington for nothing. Sure he has one good year, I can name you a thousand has been goalies that did the same. He also was atrocious this year, scary awful, people gave up on him, because he was garbage, that's why he was put on waivers. He was .898 in the playoffs last year, he wasn't prime Roy like you're suggesting.

Like I said, I'm not down on him but my confidence in him isn't solid that's for sure, and Woll looks more and more a real comer in net. If Sam gets the net in the playoffs, so be it, I just prefer Woll at this stage, right now, given what's transpired this season.

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
You're acting like Sam is some known quantity who did it for years , he was literally let go by Washington for nothing. Sure he has one good year, I can name you a thousand has been goalies that did the same. He also was atrocious this year, scary awful, people gave up on him, because he was garbage, that's why he was put on waivers. He was .898 in the playoffs last year, he wasn't prime Roy like you're suggesting.

Like I said, I'm not down on him but my confidence in him isn't solid that's for sure, and Woll looks more and more a real comer in net. If Sam gets the net in the playoffs, so be it, I just prefer Woll at this stage, right now, given what's transpired this season.
No, they gave up on him in the offseason. Almost everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad