GDT: Rangers @ Leafs, | Heavyweight Tilt A.K.A. Reavo Vs Rempe | HNIC 7 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
We definitely need another #2-3 dman but I'd hardly call this group a bunch of scrubs. They haven't exactly had stellar goaltending all season. McCabe and Benoit have shown to be a decent 2nd pairing. Don't forget, we've won 8 of 9 and the game we lost Rielly and Brodie were atrocious. I'm curious to see how this defence plays against a very good Rangers team.
Ok fair comment but the team has been carried by Matthews Nylander etc with lots of luck.
We need someone serious, I’d go for Provorov.

Reactions: arso40

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
""

These two need to go on a date or something... the love fest, before the slug fest is sickening.

I think there's a level of respect among the heavyweights we don't often see. I've rarely heard anything other than complimentary comments from one combatant about another.
It's kind of too bad, we're missing out some great sound bites.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
who is rempe

rempe-scaled.jpg

Among the exclusive club of NHL enforcers, everybody’s talkin’ ‘bout the new kid in town.

The Matt Rempe show comes to Toronto Saturday night, two points, 32 penalty minutes and three fights in six games for the 6-foot-7 Calgarian, plus one ejection for an illegal check to the head. He’s either beating someone up, or getting beat up, all the while eating up the publicity that goes with turn-the-clock back Slap Shot antics.

“You see all the highlights, he’s coming in trying to make a name for himself any way he can,” noted 36-year-old Leafs bodyguard Ryan Reaves. “That’s how I came in. I wasn’t called up to add scoring touch, it was to be physical, stick up for teammates and draw some energy. Good on him, he’s got some attention. Let’s see how long it lasts.”

Reaves had his own crowd-pleasing bout Thursday, ending up on top of Arizona’s Liam O’Brien after the Coyotes were belting a couple of his teammates. Reaves, who flexed his bicep in celebration en route to the penalty box, was asked about a possible run-in with the 21-year-old Rempe with the backdrop of a Hockey Night in Canada telecast.

“I don’t have the game script, but you never know,” was the mischievous reply.

Reaves did say Rempe’s reach would be a challenge, but nothing he hasn’t encountered before. He was certainly ready when O’Brien stalked him.

“I like to fight calm. Some guys like to amp themselves up, but those are my worst fights when I want to kill somebody. You have to be calm and see the fight. But I don’t go into any game thinking ‘I’m fighting for sure tomorrow.’

“Sleeping after a fight is the worst. The adrenalin, not so much the pain. (Fighting) can be gruelling, especially if you haven’t done it very often, then three back-to-back-to-back. It takes its toll.”

Reactions: TMLife17
Sep 18, 2009

rempe-scaled.jpg

Among the exclusive club of NHL enforcers, everybody’s talkin’ ‘bout the new kid in town.

The Matt Rempe show comes to Toronto Saturday night, two points, 32 penalty minutes and three fights in six games for the 6-foot-7 Calgarian, plus one ejection for an illegal check to the head. He’s either beating someone up, or getting beat up, all the while eating up the publicity that goes with turn-the-clock back Slap Shot antics.

“You see all the highlights, he’s coming in trying to make a name for himself any way he can,” noted 36-year-old Leafs bodyguard Ryan Reaves. “That’s how I came in. I wasn’t called up to add scoring touch, it was to be physical, stick up for teammates and draw some energy. Good on him, he’s got some attention. Let’s see how long it lasts.”

Reaves had his own crowd-pleasing bout Thursday, ending up on top of Arizona’s Liam O’Brien after the Coyotes were belting a couple of his teammates. Reaves, who flexed his bicep in celebration en route to the penalty box, was asked about a possible run-in with the 21-year-old Rempe with the backdrop of a Hockey Night in Canada telecast.

“I don’t have the game script, but you never know,” was the mischievous reply.

Reaves did say Rempe’s reach would be a challenge, but nothing he hasn’t encountered before. He was certainly ready when O’Brien stalked him.

“I like to fight calm. Some guys like to amp themselves up, but those are my worst fights when I want to kill somebody. You have to be calm and see the fight. But I don’t go into any game thinking ‘I’m fighting for sure tomorrow.’

“Sleeping after a fight is the worst. The adrenalin, not so much the pain. (Fighting) can be gruelling, especially if you haven’t done it very often, then three back-to-back-to-back. It takes its toll.”
looks like casper the friendly ghost
1709416751364.png

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
I hope Reeves ignores this Rempe character, no point to it at this stage of Reeves career.

Just let Rempe chase him around and make him look foolish.

Reeves is playing very well and we don't need an unfortunate injury to derail that progress.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
We can't say that he hasn't had his chances to make an impression in the NHL.

Probably included in a future trade.

I could see a trade but I also wouldn’t discount this as just a pure paper transaction because Robertson is the 13th forward at this point. No real shame in that given his age and the depth currently on the roster, plus the Arizona game was his worst in a while imo so a break would be good for him. If he’s needed in a trade to secure a true top 4 RHD by all means add him, but I still think he’s got potential.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Reaves will 100% give Rempe a chance at him. He's a pro in his own niche role and he will be giving the kid a chance to continue to make a name for himself. Whether or not things go well for Rempe remains to be seen.

I love how much buzz the kid's been generating. It's a throwback to a different era and a game within a game. Maligned by certain crowds but in my opinion a really cool and unique aspect of our sport

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Reaves will 100% give Rempe a chance at him. He's a pro in his own niche role and he will be giving the kid a chance to continue to make a name for himself. Whether or not things go well for Rempe remains to be seen.

I love how much buzz the kid's been generating. It's a throwback to a different era and a game within a game. Maligned by certain crowds but in my opinion a really cool and unique aspect of our sport
Reaves is old-school, so I would be surprised if he doesn't give the kid a chance, just as others did for him when he was a rookie.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I think Rempe might tune Reaves myself. Reaves is a little older, Rempe looked like a man possessed against Deslauriers. I think he is going to be better prepared than he was against Olivier. He's had a chance to recover from those fights.

Reaves will smash him. Don’t believe me just watch.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Rangers are one of those teams where I'm always like "hmmmmmm, not sure if this is guaranteed loss?"

And yet it always feels like that.

They always make me a bit nervous but F that, let's get this done!!!!!

Reactions: ACC1224

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
3 fights in 6 games is crazy, unsustainable for Rempe, he will knock him self out (literally) of the league

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad