GDT: Rangers @ Leafs, | Heavyweight Tilt A.K.A. Reavo Vs Rempe | HNIC 7 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Rempe is trying to make a name for himself because he knows he's going down to the AHL in about 2-3 weeks

He needs to be careful because technically he's lost more fights than he's won.

He's only making a name of himself because he's fighting in every single game. Not because he's clobering people.

Ryan Reaves when he first came into the league was straight up clobbering people

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He's trying to make a name for himself, I doubt in a year or two he's going to be throwing it down every other game.

What better way to make a name for yourself then becoming one of the top heavyweights in the game.
Chances are in a year or two he’s out of the league.

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I'm more concerned that Trouba decks one of the core 4 tonight and injures them than Rempe doing anything to intimidate us. Also will be interesting to see if Boosh is going to take it easy or bring the heaviness right away. Trouba is usually quiet against us more than other teams though so let's hope it stays that way.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I'm more concerned that Trouba decks one of the core 4 tonight and injures them than Rempe doing anything to intimidate us. Also will be interesting to see if Boosh is going to take it easy or bring the heaviness right away. Trouba is usually quiet against us more than other teams though so let's hope it stays that way.
Sad part is Trouba has a history and could make a blatantly dirty hit yet would get less of a suspension than if Marner did the same thing. It’s a hot take but not far from the truth.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I feel safe in saying this is the grittiest and toughest team we've had in years so anything trouba does we gonna respond

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
I think Rempe might tune Reaves myself. Reaves is a little older, Rempe looked like a man possessed against Deslauriers. I think he is going to be better prepared than he was against Olivier. He's had a chance to recover from those fights.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I think Rempe might tune Reaves myself. Reaves is a little older, Rempe looked like a man possessed against Deslauriers. I think he is going to be better prepared than he was against Olivier. He's had a chance to recover from those fights.
We saw different fights. Deslauriers was bleeding after the fight sure but Deslauriers to me won the fight.

Reme has lost more fights than won

Reactions: Jojalu

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I feel safe in saying this is the grittiest and toughest team we've had in years so anything trouba does we gonna respond
The Dubas years hurt my soul. I am pretty happy with the changes made in that area. It's not about being overly physical just having enough of the team playing a certain way that makes a huge difference in the trenches and for morale.

Proper levels of snot , mucus and if need be phlegm is what was preached and Tre followed through.

Reactions: LeafSteel

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
View attachment 828089

Interesting. Nylander is back in a 3 way tie with Panarin and Miller for 5th overall in scoring. Matthews has dropped down to 8th. Marner is a heater away from joining them in the top 10.

I wonder if we've ever had 3 players finish in the top 10 for overall scoring. Doubt it. glg

Holy Cow when the F did Panarin start shaving his head? I wouldn't even recognize him if they didn't have his name there

D00bis

Jan 15, 2019
I envision big night for the JT Bobbo and Jarny line just have a feeling

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Holy Cow when the F did Panarin start shaving his head? I wouldn't even recognize him if they didn't have his name there

Right before the season I think. Smart move, because the long hair can only cover up the N64 controller hairline for so long

Screenshot-2024-03-02-14-59-05-32-e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
He's already made enough noise and needs to cool it and fight only in the right situations. In a year or two, he may not even have a career.

If he's simply a 21yr old numbnut then it's on Laviolette or teammates to help him avoid an early retirement.
Bit dramatic. Every fighter risks that outcome but it’s more unlikely in todays age than before.

There’s a podcast (forget the name) that features tough guys from different eras. Some of the war stories from guys like Orr, Tootoo, etc. talking about creating their identity at the JUNIOR level would make your skin crawl. Risking their health with zero guarantee of a pro contract in fights that were way more savage, way more often.

Rempe fighting 3x in 5GP, trying to make a name for himself, and people are acting like he’s about to die. The CTE craze has become over the top. He needs to rein it in no doubt, but it’s not like he’s going to be fighting like this for years. He’s building a name.

Reactions: gimbznyr and slozo

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I think Tie Domi kind of proved that height isn't that big a factor in hockey fighting as it would be in say boxing. If you have the muscle , heart and technique you can take out those trees. I think Reaves would make easy work of the kid based on the fact that Rempe is already banged up and Reaves is one of the best technical fighters the league has ever seen.
when your head's made of solid granite it doesn't matter the height of your opponent, he's only going to hurt his hands.........

Macallan18

Aug 10, 2015
Yeah I’m not surprised Robertson is out. Rough game last night. At what point is it put up or shut up time with him? Seems like a prime trade piece before Friday
He is 22 playing minimal minutes and scoring wel at 5v5. Kerfe is really shitty dealing with prospects, I’d give Robertson a long runway

Interesting.....

Looks like Robertson gets the boot if Jankrok is ready to go. Sammy in net

not liking the break-up of Benoit-McCabe pairing but I guess they are going back to Brodie-McCabe playoff pairing from last year to potentially ice

Brodie-McCabe
Rielly-Boosh
Beniot-Liljegren

They are all scrubs on defense apart from Rielly and Lilly, like shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic

Reactions: arso40

CabanaBoy5

Feb 17, 2013
Woodbridge
He is 22 playing minimal minutes and scoring wel at 5v5. Kerfe is really shitty dealing with prospects, I’d give Robertson a long runway

They are all scrubs on defense apart from Rielly and Lilly, like shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic
We definitely need another #2-3 dman but I'd hardly call this group a bunch of scrubs. They haven't exactly had stellar goaltending all season. McCabe and Benoit have shown to be a decent 2nd pairing. Don't forget, we've won 8 of 9 and the game we lost Rielly and Brodie were atrocious. I'm curious to see how this defence plays against a very good Rangers team.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Hmm, don’t like our chances with Sammy in this one. Wish we had started Woll it’s a 4 point game

rumman

Sep 10, 2008

They’ll throw away Robertson, he’ll be the next Mason Marchment, book it…….

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark