GDT: Rangers @ Leafs, | Heavyweight Tilt A.K.A. Reavo Vs Rempe | HNIC 7 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
This Rempe shit has to stop. Reaves is a different class all together and that’s no slight to him.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
This Rempe shit has to stop. Reaves is a different class all together and that’s no slight to him.
Not to mention Rempe got straight up tuned by Olivier in his last fight. Have ya'll seens the Kid's face? There's a giant black bruise on one side of his face

This dude is asking for the hospital if he fights reaves tonight

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Hope Lilly is back in.

It'd be nice to have Boosh and Lilly in. Hate it or not Boosh is playing with Mo and itll let him fly in the o zone more... that's good. He just needs to play decent d and stay back a bit more.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Not to mention Rempe got straight up tuned by Olivier in his last fight. Have ya'll seens the Kid's face? There's a giant black bruise on one side of his face

This dude is asking for the hospital if he fights reaves tonight

He really shouldn't be fighting and neither should Reaves
As much as I am a fan of fights, he needs to learn to pick his spots

He has 6 inches on Reaves. He can win the fight. But he can also be in hospital like you said
Reaves is no joke.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
17 goals in the 2 games between them this season so feeling another highish scoring game tonight.

Matthews has 4 goals, 6 points in those games.
I expect a reasonably high-scoring game, as well, but it would be better for the Leafs if it was low-scoring. Need to play more of those low-scoring tight games before the playoffs start.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Two things I wanna see tonight. A win and a Reaves beat down.

I like my chances at both!

giphy.gif

Reactions: Leaf Rocket

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
march2ndlr.png

Interesting. Nylander is back in a 3 way tie with Panarin and Miller for 5th overall in scoring. Matthews has dropped down to 8th. Marner is a heater away from joining them in the top 10.

I wonder if we've ever had 3 players finish in the top 10 for overall scoring. Doubt it. glg

Last edited:

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Rempe is reckless and his career will be over quickly if he continues fighting like this. Athletes should enjoy life after they are thirty.
He's trying to make a name for himself, I doubt in a year or two he's going to be throwing it down every other game.

What better way to make a name for yourself then becoming one of the top heavyweights in the game.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
He really shouldn't be fighting and neither should Reaves
As much as I am a fan of fights, he needs to learn to pick his spots

He has 6 inches on Reaves. He can win the fight. But he can also be in hospital like you said
Reaves is no joke.
I think Tie Domi kind of proved that height isn't that big a factor in hockey fighting as it would be in say boxing. If you have the muscle , heart and technique you can take out those trees. I think Reaves would make easy work of the kid based on the fact that Rempe is already banged up and Reaves is one of the best technical fighters the league has ever seen.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Rempe is reckless and his career will be over quickly if he continues fighting like this. Athletes should enjoy life after they are thirty.
Agreed, but I'm sure he'll eventually get a talking to from either the coach or a journeyman teammate. Let him know that what he does is appreciated, but he needs to pick his spots or he's going to be nothing but a couple of Tweets in 2024. Personally, I like the kid and I think he's going to find that balance that will keep him around for a while in this league.

Aus34Matt

Dec 10, 2017
He's trying to make a name for himself, I doubt in a year or two he's going to be throwing it down every other game.

What better way to make a name for yourself then becoming one of the top heavyweights in the game.
He's already made enough noise and needs to cool it and fight only in the right situations. In a year or two, he may not even have a career.

If he's simply a 21yr old numbnut then it's on Laviolette or teammates to help him avoid an early retirement.

Reactions: LeafSteel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad