GDT: Rangers @ Leafs, | Heavyweight Tilt A.K.A. Reavo Vs Rempe | HNIC 7 pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Robertson was really bad last night, this isn't surprising. Bad timing for him to go cold. Looks like Boosh starts with Morgs.

Is Rempe playing tomorrow, yesterday someone said he wouldn't be in, but i can't see any follow up to that?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Rempe is in trouble if Reaves gets his hands on him. Fast tracking to CTE

Reactions: OVO16

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
We shall see if Reaves can stand up to a couple of young Ranger tough guys. Will the rest of team stand by, participate or run.

Reactions: horner

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I think he is playing....

and..... ;)

Great, I admit I want to see it. This kid is in for a surprise, his no defence approach to fighting should catch up with him.

We shall see if Reaves can stand up to a couple of young Ranger tough guys. Will the rest of team stand by, participate or run.
Participate, this team is now built different.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
Robertson was really bad last night, this isn't surprising. Bad timing for him to go cold. Looks like Boosh starts with Morgs.

Is Rempe playing tomorrow, yesterday someone said he wouldn't be in, but i can't see any follow up to that?
When he made that ill advised kick pass in the o-zone that resulted in a turnover and rush going the other way my immediate thought was "that's the kind of shit that took/kept you out of the lineup earlier". Now he wasn't the only one, Bertuzzi and Marner did the same thing but they're on a longer leash.

Reactions: horner

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
At the risk of being a dinosaur, I really want to see Rempe-Reaves. I can’t remember the last time I was excited to see a potential heavyweight bout in an NHL game.

That said, Rempe needs to chill, it’s not really cool to see the kid with his face half caved in 6 games in to his career. If I’m NYR staff I’m telling him I don’t want to see you fighting Reaves just for fun.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Believe we're at 24 players when Jarny is activated so somebody will have to go down.

Knies Matthews Marner
Bert Domi Nylander
McMann Tavares Jarnkrok
Holmberg Kampf Reaves
Gregor Robertson

Rielly Boosh
Brodie McCabe
Benoit Liljegren
Laggesson

Sammy
Woll
Jones

=24

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Believe we're at 24 players when Jarny is activated so somebody will have to go down.

Knies Matthews Marner
Bert Domi Nylander
McMann Tavares Jarnkrok
Holmberg Kampf Reaves
Gregor Robertson

Rielly Boosh
Brodie McCabe
Benoit Liljegren
Laggesson

Sammy
Woll
Jones

=24
Trade coming up

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Knies Matthews Marner
Bertuzzi Domi Nylander
Holmberg Tavares Jarnkrok
McMann Kampf Reaves

Would put Holmberg on the third line to form a proper shutdown line. Also McManns hot streak is over.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
Knies Matthews Marner
Bertuzzi Domi Nylander
Holmberg Tavares Jarnkrok
McMann Kampf Reaves

Would put Holmberg on the third line to form a proper shutdown line. Also McManns hot streak is over.
It's fine if depth players have hot streaks in spurts. As long as they stagger their spurts and dont all go cold at same time. McMann earn the chance to develop his game as a 3rd liner. Can't mess him up just because he doesnt have a point in 3 games. Last game he put 5 shots on net and threw 3 hits. 4 shots against Avs. He's hustling.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Trade coming up
Not necessarily. Robertson doesn’t need waivers and after the deadline next Friday there isn’t a roster limit anymore.
Also after the deadline if they need the cap space they could risk putting Jones on waivers because no team claiming him could use him in the playoffs drastically reducing the chance of anyone claiming him.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
It's fine if depth players have hot streaks in spurts. As long as they stagger their spurts and dont all go cold at same time. McMann earn the chance to develop his game as a 3rd liner. Can't mess him up just because he doesnt have a point in 3 games. Last game he put 5 shots on net and threw 3 hits. 4 shots against Avs. He's hustling.
If he keeps up his current game, he is bound to score once every 5-6 games while adding some grit. That's a 13-16 goal scoring 3rd liner. That's excellent depth.

Hoglund4MvP

Jan 26, 2022
If he keeps up his current game, he is bound to score once every 5-6 games while adding some grit. That's a 13-16 goal scoring 3rd liner. That's excellent depth.
Yeah. normal team your depth players go on and off randomly. you cant analyze game span where points dont come for 1 player. player a and b are hot, c and d are cold. Then A and D are hot, B and C are cold, then C is suddenly hot and so on. There's only 1 puck.

The only time its red flag is if all your depth isnt doing anything, then its either a team problem like your depth actually does really suck, or coaching problem etc.

McMann should be left alone to keep doing what he's doing. Playoffs is coming we can't keep moving people around and altering chemistry every single game.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Yeah. normal team your depth players go on and off randomly. you cant analyze game span where points dont come for 1 player. player a and b are hot, c and d are cold. Then A and D are hot, B and C are cold, then C is suddenly hot and so on. There's only 1 puck.

The only time its red flag is if all your depth isnt doing anything, then its either a team problem like your depth actually does really suck, or coaching problem etc.

McMann should be left alone to keep doing what he's doing. Playoffs is coming we can't keep moving people around and altering chemistry every single game.
Agreed but I don't think the poster meant for it to get this deep lol

• Haha
Reactions: Hoglund4MvP

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

Knies Matthews Marner
Bert Domi Nylander
McMann Tavares Jarnkrok
Holmberg Kampf Reaves
Gregor Robertson

Rielly Boosh
Brodie McCabe
Benoit Liljegren
Laggesson

Sammy
Woll
Jones

=24
Yup. Assuming that they plan to activate Jarnkrok for tonight's game against the Rangers, the options would seem seem to be:

* make a trade where at least one more 23-man roster goes out than comes back

* send a waiver-exempt player to the Marlies (only Knies and Robertson are waiver-exempt)

* expose a player to waivers in an attempt to send them to the Marlies (Jones, maybe?)

I think they most likely either send Robertson to the Marlies or gamble on waiving Jones. Or maybe they waive Lagesson and just go with 6 defensemen.

That would open the roster space for Jarnkrok but I'm pretty sure they'll also need to move Gio or Timmins to LTIR to fit Jankrok's cap space.

Looking at this situation, you can kind of see why the retention on Boosh was important.

NOTE: Lajoie is currently on the roster as an emergency loan. He will clearly be returned to the Marlies to make room for Boosh.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
1000016992.jpg

Our two hat trick candidates tonight looking deezed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad