Pre-Game Talk: Rangers in Ottawa, Wednesday 7:00 pm on SportsNet

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Yeah but he was fine and they sent him down before giving him a single game. He was very good early at Bingo too, he is a pro NHL hockey player its been obvious for a while. Some guys are AHLers and some guys are NHLers he is an NHL hockey player. He does the things you want out of a bottom 6 forward. Always has, it was just a matter of the organization getting over their bias against him because he had a bad attitude for 5 months. Instead of work with him they just demoted him and put him down. Not new age NHL at all, but clearly what the sens management is, is well low budget in every facet.

Bert

your post makes sense right til the end. The bottom 6ers we have are more expensive than Paul would be. How is that low budget?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bert

your post makes sense right til the end. The bottom 6ers we have are more expensive than Paul would be. How is that low budget?

Dont have the personel to work with young players from a mental perspective/holding a grudge with the player.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Dont have the personel to work with young players from a mental perspective/holding a grudge with the player.
you know, I thought Paul looked great when he finished out the year two years ago. 25 games was it? But Boucher wasn't here then. I think Paul lost his spot on his own and now has to earn it back with Boucher. I do agree with you though that I'd like to see more of him

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Burrows will play Saturday

I wonder if part of it has to do with it being outdoors. It’s a special occasion and maybe Boucher wants to reward the guys who have been in the league for a while knowing they won’t have many more chances to play in one.

Or Boucher is drunk.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
from the post game, Boucher said he wanted younger legs for the back to back.
He should want younger legs than Burrows every game... Paul is ok, he isn't going to set the world on fire but if he skates , hustles, uses his body .. he can bring more than Burrows at this stage. imo... but ...Outdoor game ..I guess, I just don't think that's it

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Just got back from the game & some observations.

- They didn't announce the crowd but it has to have been one of the smallest crowds I have ever seen, probably between 12,000 & 15,000 people? With that "O" at centre ice & the small crowd it really does look like we were in Carolina except for the cold, it was freezing out there tonight, -13 Celsius.

- why was Harpur sent down, I thought he was playing really well, they should be waiving Oduya & Dumont both are useless.

- Ceci had a really good game but Karlsson was terrible again tonight. He got beat at least 5 times tonight & I think was a minus two. He has to get his head out of his ass, I don't think it's his foot, there is something else going on with him & maybe that has to do with the owner too. Just speculation though.

- was very surprised to see Paul in there & that is the way he played at development camp. Hope he sticks for a while, they could really use his size in the lineup & bring back Harpur.

- I thought for sure Anderson was going to let us down in the third after that second goal but they hung on for the win. I don't get why Boucher is so defensive minded & always goes to the 1-3-1 to defend a lead or protect the lead instead of pouring it on for the win? I think this is an offensive team not a defensive team & better suited for high scores than protecting leads. Still say he has to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmix

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
They didn't announce the crowd but it has to have been one of the smallest crowds I have ever seen, probably between 12,000 & 15,000 people? With that "O" at centre ice & the small crowd it really does look like we were in Carolina.

Reported attendance on the Score app is 13,212.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I don't think we should be surprised if Burrows plays in the outdoor classic, I think it is one of those things where he has been in the league a long time, good vet & it's a respect thing for the yrs of service kind of deal. But I would definitely keep Paul over Dumont & after this classic they should also consider bringing up White & Chlapik & bring back Harpur. I'm in the waive Dumont & Oduya camp now & make Burrows the 13th forward after the weekend.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Just got back from the game & some observations.

- They didn't announce the crowd but it has to have been one of the smallest crowds I have ever seen, probably between 12,000 & 15,000 people? With that "O" at centre ice & the small crowd it really does look like we were in Carolina except for the cold, it was freezing out there tonight, -13 Celsius.

- why was Harpur sent down, I thought he was playing really well, they should be waiving Oduya & Dumont both are useless.

- Ceci had a really good game but Karlsson was terrible again tonight. He got beat at least 5 times tonight & I think was a minus two. He has to get his head out of his ass, I don't think it's his foot, there is something else going on with him & maybe that has to do with the owner too. Just speculation though.

- was very surprised to see Paul in there & that is the way he played at development camp. Hope he sticks for a while, they could really use his size in the lineup & bring back Harpur.

- I thought for sure Anderson was going to let us down in the third after that second goal but they hung on for the win. I don't get why Boucher is so defensive minded & always goes to the 1-3-1 to defend a lead or protect the lead instead of pouring it on for the win? I think this is an offensive team not a defensive team & better suited for high scores than protecting leads. Still say he has to go.

EKs pivot is way off in that it takes him forever to complete it and he is getting beat often at the moment, clearly still a work in progress....similar play and pivot issues to his return from the achilles. Hopefully he regains his form!

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I thought Chabot played like a rookie tonight, while he made some nice plays offensively that could have resulted in a goal, he also made some cringe plays that luckily didn't cost the team a goal. A couple of give aways right up the middle into the slot. He's an excellent skater with great puck handling skills & vision but looks like a guy who is afraid to make a mistake.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
And a 3 point game too between 2 teams we are or will be fighting with for a spot. With that extra point up for grabs it's very hard to make up ground when you fall behind like the Sens have.

Lol let's forget Boston for now they are 7 points ahead with 2 games in hand.

It takes 40 games to make up that kind of gap.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
EKs pivot is way off in that it takes him forever to complete it and he is getting beat often at the moment, clearly still a work in progress....similar play and pivot issues to his return from the achilles. Hopefully he regains his form!

Guys are getting behind him quite consistently & on one goal the player snuck behind him & he just wasn't aware the guy was there when he should have seen that. IMO it's more than his foot, his head isn't into it, something else seems to be going on & maybe it goes back to his comments & the owner. Hopefully he snaps out of it soon.

Reactions: Cosmix

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
With that "O" at centre ice & the small crowd it really does look like we were in Carolina except for the cold, it was freezing out there tonight, -13 Celsius.
i would love -13 Celcius, i live in northern ontario where tonight its -23 but with the windchill its -30 right now.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I thought Chabot played like a rookie tonight, while he made some nice plays offensively that could have resulted in a goal, he also made some cringe plays that luckily didn't cost the team a goal. A couple of give aways right up the middle into the slot. He's an excellent skater with great puck handling skills & vision but looks like a guy who is afraid to make a mistake.
His fear can be attributed to how Boucher handles him.

Reactions: Newgates59

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad