Pre-Game Talk: Rangers in Ottawa, Wednesday 7:00 pm on SportsNet

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Paul got hurt in camp. it cost him a shot on the team out of camp.

Yeah but he was fine and they sent him down before giving him a single game. He was very good early at Bingo too, he is a pro NHL hockey player its been obvious for a while. Some guys are AHLers and some guys are NHLers he is an NHL hockey player. He does the things you want out of a bottom 6 forward. Always has, it was just a matter of the organization getting over their bias against him because he had a bad attitude for 5 months. Instead of work with him they just demoted him and put him down. Not new age NHL at all, but clearly what the sens management is, is well low budget in every facet.

MakeOttawaGreatAgain

Illest guy in town!
Feb 28, 2007
That thumbs up was to Dorion for securing his job for the year

I dunno, man. For the last month, one of the main criticisms he's been getting is that he isn't calling out the team, or they have given up on HIM, or how he has lost the room... and the whole time he's been sticking to his guns. I know this is just one game, but the players actually showed up today and played like they cared, and they looked awesome. I think he's genuinely happy they won a game and earned it. I feel like Boucher is a Sens fan, and you could tell, that all the players are too.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Nick Paul has always been there but I'm not sure a game like that was while Boucher has been around. He's played like that regularly in the AHL but in his earlier call ups he did not play that game.
Yes he did, especially against NYI at the end of the year. He also never had a chance to play after that.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
People can disagree if they want but my feeling has always been that Boucher was not the problem. Funny that on the day that the rumor goes out that Melnyk has perhaps sold the team or is about to, the team comes out all fired up and plays the way we all know they can...coincidence?...maybe....maybe not.
Or maybe they can't lose forever and they are playing back home?

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
As soon as it was a 1 goal game he did not see a shift. Boucher would rather defend then have the puck, its clear as day. Its his entire philosophy of coaching. Its absurd, I wont be paying for another game this year because of this.

Well, we did win, so that’s good.

You’d like to see more trust in him though.

Reminds me of game 7 against New Jersey when Martin wouldn’t put Spezza out there. Don’t think he saw much if any action in the third period.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Also idk why Chabot was benched in the 3rd (did he play? if he did it was peanuts)... Well I know why but we won so I won't complain?
3 shifts in the first half of the 3rd, none in the 2nd half.

I though he had a bunch of poor passes that didn't end up costing him, but would drive any coach nuts. Not too surprised he was benched for the final 10.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Well this was always there, but ya know he's young and you cant risk having him on the ice. Not worth even giving him a shot in training camp to play or anything. I mean it opened a spot for the opporunity to grab Dumont, what a stud.
Wasn't he injured through training camp?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
3 shifts in the first half of the 3rd, none in the 2nd half.

I though he had a bunch of poor passes that didn't end up costing him, but would drive any coach nuts. Not too surprised he was benched for the final 10.

How about all the fantastic plays he made throughout the night, breaking out maintaining posession. Plays the rest of the D have not made for weeks. I hate the mentality overall, its garbage and will never win anything significant.

Strive to play a style that dictates play because in the end you will play a very good team that will play that way. Bouchers style is a way to be competitive in a very boring style but never be elite. I hate it.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Just love those shots from the Hill. The rink may be gimmicky as hell, but those video clips are pure money. We are one of the few cities in the league that can boast something like this. Hopefully the outdoor game(s) over the weekend go smoothly. Ottawa really needs the profile boost these days.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How about all the fantastic plays he made throughout the night, breaking out maintaining posession. Plays the rest of the D have not made for weeks. I hate the mentality overall, its garbage and will never win anything significant.

Strive to play a style that dictates play because in the end you will play a very good team that will play that way. Bouchers style is a way to be competitive in a very boring style but never be elite. I hate it.

When you're defending a lead, steady play is far better than making one great play followed by a terrible one.

Don't get me wrong, he did some good things, but he also did numerous bad ones. Like I said, I understand why a coach would scale back his mins defending a lead late in a game.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He was back before the end. He was sent down befoe he had a single chance to play.
Sounds right. He was out for quite a while though, so it would be unlikely he could have earned a spot so late in the camp. Not sure why they didn't give him a game, but I'm also not sure there was enough time left for him to earn a spot on the team.

Reactions: JD1

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
When you're defending a lead, steady play is far better than making one great play followed by a terrible one.

Don't get me wrong, he did some good things, but he also did numerous bad ones. Like I said, I understand why a coach would scale back his mins defending a lead late in a game.
Show me one terrible play he made tonight.

There were many made by D men tonight but he was not one of them. Yeah he missed a saucer pass but was that really worse than Oduya getting burned and Karlsson losing his man on both goals? Dion got walked, Claesson turned it over.

You know what none of those guys did outside of Karlsson tonight? Go into forchecks heaviliy outmaned and escape with the puck. He did it multiple times. He also used his skating to force players to turn pucks over or dump it in. Those are pre emptive defensive plays. Something only Karlsson and Claesson do on this d core at the moment.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

You can't tell me with a straight face that Oduya offers steady play.

Reactions: DrEasy and bert

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Just love those shots from the Hill. The rink may be gimmicky as hell, but those video clips are pure money. We are one of the few cities in the league that can boast something like this. Hopefully the outdoor game(s) over the weekend go smoothly. Ottawa really needs the profile boost these days.

The Washington Capitals could do the same thing. I hear a lot of people there are skating on thin ice.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Agree
Hes not costing us games with those flashy moves so far and we all know he's going to be elite in 3 years from now
On the other hand Slowdu is costing us games and who knows where he's going to be in 3 years

He reminds me of EK a bit at the beginning of his career
Not perfect defensively but with good offensive potential

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad