Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
EK -2 again tonight

-18 so far ...

I know its a team stat but at some point hes gotta get it together

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
i would love -13 Celcius, i live in northern ontario where tonight its -23 but with the windchill its -30 right now.

OMG ... are you an Eskimo ... can we still say Eskimo ... is that okay .... you need to pack up your igloo & move south. That's cold.:cool:

Reactions: albator71

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
His fear can be attributed to how Boucher handles him.
Exactly what i wanted to say. Let him play. When he came back to the bench after a mistake, you teach him instead of benching him.

Chabot is a smart, skilled player. He listen to coaches but it takes time to get rid of bad habit. He could do those plays in junior, not anymore.

Also i thought he defend quite well. The problen came with the puck on his stick, which is one of his strength...

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I bet EK would love -13 too
Hes -18 so far

He's been bad defensively this season, but part of that -18 is the lack of offense in his game lately. If he was putting up points similar to his regular rate over the past 14 games, that +/- figure looks much better (and the Sens wouldn't have lost 12 of 13).

Reactions: Alex1234

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Not that I really care about +/-, but I'd guess that Karl ends the season in the -12 to -7 range. The team will play better at some point (maybe it started with tonight) and he'll start producing closer to his averages and the puck will go in the opposing net when he's on the ice more frequently.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Ever since this team has been derailed
what_happens_in_sweden_stays_there_tile_coaster.jpg
I'd say they should stayed in Sweden, where they won

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I kept shouting Build on that lead! Build on that lead! could have too, but Lundqvist was pretty lights out

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
His fear can be attributed to how Boucher handles him.
Boucher handles him that way because of his fear.

Having said that, I'd like to see Boucher give him more rope, let him play through the mistakes. He is making some strong plays with and without the puck, just needs to iron out the details. Skill level is there and then some.

Call up Harpur, sit Oduya.

Harpur-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Claesson-Phaneuf.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Few good i remember

1. Ryan-Duchene-Stone
That's one of the few bright light right now, they are so good.
That quick release of Ryan was so good. And Duchene on the Ceci goal.. OMG.. He made 3 Rangers bite on his quick turn it was beautiful.

2. Ceci.
I think last game's goal gave him a huge boost of motivation and confidence with the puck. 2 goals from the slot in two game and those pinch were very on point. That's is for sure something they want from the D. Also he seems more aggresive along the board, which go back to my confidence and motivation point.

3. Chabot.
I won't talk about the little mistake he made, all our D are making this kind of plays.
But the goods. That guy isn't shy to play with his body. He played the left side lock perfectly in the second period with Stone coming to cover and he got the puck back for a quick transition.
What about the sneaky steal he made and quick pass in tight. Give him more ice please !

4. Smith-Pageau-Pyatt.
It seems they had a lot of Jam tonight. The forchecking, from what i remember, was good and they got a goal.

Note : I haven't seen the 3rd period.. So my comment where for the 1st and 2nd period,

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Boucher handles him that way because of his fear.

Having said that, I'd like to see Boucher give him more rope, let him play through the mistakes. He is making some strong plays with and without the puck, just needs to iron out the details. Skill level is there and then some.

Call up Harpur, sit Oduya.

Harpur-Karlsson
Chabot-Ceci
Claesson-Phaneuf.
Yea I understand that but doesn't he have a sports psychology degree? How do you expect someone to play to their full potential when at the first moment you make a mistake you get punished for it? It's like Boucher is holding him back from being the type of player he has the skillset to be.
Not to mention the mistakes Chabot sees from veteran guys while hes stapled to the bench.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ryan, Duchene and Ceci all had great games. Chabot showed why he's a top prospect; he's going to be great when he irons out the details.

I didn't mind Oduya aside from the play where he dove trying to get a piece of the puck when he was beat to the outside leading to the goal. Karlsson's skating is making him give up too many chances. I really don't know what to do with him at this point; if we had more depth we could shelter him till his skating got back but as soon as he has to turn he's beat.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yea I understand that but doesn't he have a sports psychology degree? How do you expect someone to play to their full potential when at the first moment you make a mistake you get punished for it? It's like Boucher is holding him back from being the type of player he has the skillset to be.
Not to mention the mistakes Chabot sees from veteran guys while hes stapled to the bench.

There's no perfect answer. If we throw him to the wolves, maybe his confidence gets crushed when mistakes start to cost the team goals/games (hard to cost the team games the way we had been playing before this game mind you, first we'd have to actually play well enough to have a chance). Boucher let him play through a number of mistakes in the game, it wasn't until halfway through the third that he sat out, so it's not like he sat the instant he made a single bad play.

But, it's clear Boucher doesn't trust him when you look at who he was out there against; it's pretty exclusively against the Vesey line. He might have gotten 1 min combined against the rest of the rangers forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad