Pre-Game Talk: Rangers in Ottawa, Wednesday 7:00 pm on SportsNet

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Ryan-Duchene-Stone is the most chemistry we've seen in forever.

Also Chabot-Karl looks like it could work. Boucher should give it a go for 3 games and just see what happens. Give Chabot a chance to adjust to Karl's game. If he can't, he cna't, but we won't know till we try it.

For once I'd just like to see the lines make some sense. And get Oduya out of the damn lineup

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

Also Chabot-Karl looks like it could work. Boucher should give it a go for 3 games and just see what happens. Give Chabot a chance to adjust to Karl's game. If he can't, he cna't, but we won't know till we try it.

For once I'd just like to see the lines make some sense. And get Oduya out of the damn lineup
Get out of here with that talk. Playing young players is for losers like Boston and New Jersey.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My biggest takeaway from last night's game is that Club Bell has black urinals and hot water in the bathrooms.

Why is the water so freezing cold in the bathrooms when it's already -13 outside? Pay your heating bills you cheap bastard & warm the place up.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Ryan, Duchene and Ceci all had great games. Chabot showed why he's a top prospect; he's going to be great when he irons out the details.

I didn't mind Oduya aside from the play where he dove trying to get a piece of the puck when he was beat to the outside leading to the goal. Karlsson's skating is making him give up too many chances. I really don't know what to do with him at this point; if we had more depth we could shelter him till his skating got back but as soon as he has to turn he's beat.

Sometime Karlsson is way too casual.. it's like his vision of the play goes on and off. On one play he will stop every god damn puck because he is watching around him and sees who is coming.

Then you watch the 1st goal, the okposo goal, and the goal which Harpur got burn. He is watching the puck so hard that he doesn't realize someone is coming behind him.

That to me isn't physical problem, it's in the head. Karlsson need to up his Defensive IQ a notch, because he is losing guy by being focus to much and the puck.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why is the water so freezing cold in the bathrooms when it's already -13 outside? Pay your heating bills you cheap bastard & warm the place up.
Apparently they heat the woman's bathroom's water because that was a common complaint when surveying the season ticket holders. The men never complained about it so it never got addressed.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

To be fair, Ryan-Brassard-Stone was our best line at the start of the season. From that one game sample size, they were better with Duchene, but I think it's just because Duchene is a better C than Brassard (woah hot take over here).

What I am saying is, I don't think it's surprising that our two best wingers (when Ryan is on) form our best line. Ryan and Stone are both great play makers. At times, Ryan uses his body in the offensive zone, and Stone is great at retrieving/stealing the puck. If Ryan could shoot on a regular basis like he did last night on the one timer goal, that line would be insane.

Reactions: Cosmix

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa
Was at my first game this season. I actually liked the Missing Chicklets, much better than the same old canned music they recycled for the last decade.

Claesson looks really good, I think he could be our Methot replacement. The d corps as a whole looked good, except Karlsson not being at 100%. I found our break-out and n-zone plays relied on passes to wingers that were under close coverage, which resulted in lots of turnovers on the subsequent pass under pressure.

Hey, we won!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Chabot didn't know Ceci has to dust it off a few times , think about it, wonder what his friends will say... before letting it go

He should be in the lineup and allowed to play to his strengths... Ozone starts with Karlsson... Rookies have to be allowed to make mistakes.. Shelter him in the dzone .. He should be in the NHL and playing now.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Chabot didn't know Ceci has to dust it off a few times , think about it, wonder what his friends will say... before letting it go

He should be in the lineup and allowed to play to his strengths... Ozone starts with Karlsson... Rookies have to be allowed to make mistakes.. Shelter him in the dzone .. He should be in the NHL and playing now.

Great release
Almost scored

HSF

Sep 3, 2008

great moves he is transitioning well after spending some time in the AHL. He looks more confident

Reactions: Cosmix

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
great moves he is transitioning well after spending some time in the AHL. He looks more confident
Ya, the AHL was the best thing for him since he was getting a lot more ice time than he has here. Figured since he's here, they might as well play him at least. Guessing he's here to stay, but it probably depends on Borocop.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think Chabot & Ceci make a pretty good mobile pairing, I also think that because Phaneuf is so slow that Ceci is constantly having to cover for him & be sure he is in a position to get back quickly because Phaneuf can't. Phaneuf is good in front of the net in the defensive zone to cross check opposing players & make their life miserable there. This would be my defence right now & turn Harpur & Phaneuf into a shutdown duo.

Claesson - Karlsson
Chabot - Ceci
Harper - Phaneuf/Oduya

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Sink or swim...only one way to find out if he can hang. Look around the league the times are changing, young players are making an impact everywhere, especially ones with pedigree like White. We are going to play the kids eventually.
Yes, when they get old if we still have Coach Boucher.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Here's the thing about Boucher regarding Chabot. If he's in the lineup and Guy is worried about him making mistakes, he's going to actively search for them when he's on the ice and he won't be paying as much attention to the good things he's doing. Chabot has made his mistakes, but so has every player on the team throughout the last month. Oduya is worse than Chabot in every facet of the game but he gets a ton of leash because of his experience. Well, Chabot will gain experience through playing, and Guy can help him learn from his mistakes.

The other game Harpur got walked by Toffoli that led to a goal, but Guy kept playing him and he had a pretty good game after that. From my experience watching hockey, if you show confidence in a young player, he'll play better.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Johnny Owtfyadoin
QluCtLw.jpg

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
To be fair, Ryan-Brassard-Stone was our best line at the start of the season. From that one game sample size, they were better with Duchene, but I think it's just because Duchene is a better C than Brassard (woah hot take over here).

What I am saying is, I don't think it's surprising that our two best wingers (when Ryan is on) form our best line. Ryan and Stone are both great play makers. At times, Ryan uses his body in the offensive zone, and Stone is great at retrieving/stealing the puck. If Ryan could shoot on a regular basis like he did last night on the one timer goal, that line would be insane.
Stone makes any line the #1 line. He had a bit of a slump too, probably due to sickness, but he seems to be back in form. Ideally, I'd like to spread what little offensive wealth we have across two lines and have Duchene and Stone on different lines.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Stone makes any line the #1 line. He had a bit of a slump too, probably due to sickness, but he seems to be back in form. Ideally, I'd like to spread what little offensive wealth we have across two lines and have Duchene and Stone on different lines.

So the sens break up Ryan Brassard Stone go into a slump. Sens find a new line that can dominate and create matchup problems and people want to break it up again. I just dont get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad