Confirmed with Link: Rangers Hire Peter Laviolette as Head Coach, Assistants Michael Peca & Dan Muse

Kords

Jun 19, 2019

Cool vid. First few seconds in and he’s talking about working on getting rebounds. Vally was talking on Staples podcast this week about the Rangers being statistically one of the worst in the league on rebound attempts last season and how Lavy emphasizes fighting for those dirty goals.

Also heard about how he likes to keep practices fresh and engaging. Can definitely see that in this video.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Cool vid. First few seconds in and he’s talking about working on getting rebounds. Vally was talking on Staples podcast this week about the Rangers being statistically one of the worst in the league on rebound attempts last season and how Lavy emphasizes fighting for those dirty goals.

Also heard about how he likes to keep practices fresh and engaging. Can definitely see that in this video.
I was practically begging the Rangers to shoot low and crash for rebounds all season.

Imagine thinspo Panarin going to the net for a rebound?

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
wow.... coaching.. structure and protocols... my mind is blown
And it includes the young players. I am loving this so far. Imagine Othmann getting pointers from Laviolette and makes the team 🔥

Do they have the roster to do it? Panarin and the lazy passive soft euros better be ready

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016

The way he preaches speed, and legs moving. Drifting is one of the things that slows guys down. Also means shifts for guys like panarin are gonna be shorter because they'll get tired faster.

Reactions: CasusBelli

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
wow.... coaching.. structure and protocols... my mind is blown
I'm increasingly optimistic about this staff. I give Drury a lot of crapola but he's done a potentially really good job putting this staff together.

Now, when game one rolls around and we don't see Laf or Kakko touch the ice for PP1 and they're relegated to 3rd line again... then we know we're in trouble. But until then...

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
We're ok with Housley as an AC because theres a huge difference between AC and HC.

We're against guys like torts and babcock because tort doesn't understand the modern game, and babcock while possibly understanding the modern game, went far beyond "being a bad guy" with how he treated marner.

Tort is a guy who gets the most out of 3rd line plugs, but will never elevate a guy like mika or kakko.
Babcock might elevate a guy like kakko, but 50/50 he forces kakko + laf to demand a trade out.

Lavi is known to be tough on his players, that hes willing to sit guys. These hires also say he's aware that the kids will need communication and some more development to excel, and so he hired guys who are fresh off working with kids. These are very solid hires.
Torts isn't the same guy as he was when he was here and the narrative that he can't get anything out of good players is just getting old and tired. He and lavy are very similar so it is funny you love one and shit on the other. And I don't have an issue with any hire except housley so I'm not sure why you're trying to defend them all to me.

Reactions: CasusBelli

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
Torts isn't the same guy as he was when he was here and the narrative that he can't get anything out of good players is just getting old and tired. He and lavy are very similar so it is funny you love one and shit on the other. And I don't have an issue with any hire except housley so I'm not sure why you're trying to defend them all to me.
Can you show me one player on Columbus or Philly who we would consider high end talent, that tort actually got the most out of?
If you say Panarin, his first year here he was on pace for 120pts while being plus defensively, compared to 88 a year for tort

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I like the video @Mugless

Thanks a lot for posting it... well done.

I may have to look up some other coach's videos like that to see the differences (if they exist).

Either way it is encouraging to see... I hope that polish doesn't wear off the turd.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
6a0120a6dde087970b014e862daa98970d.gif

somebody else posted this earlier. It's what sold me on Lavi.

Also Phil Housley rings a bell. But I don't know why. Did we mock him like 12 years ago, or was he a pesty opponent? xD

Anyhow, I like the look of the coaching staff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad