Confirmed with Link: Rangers Hire Peter Laviolette as Head Coach, Assistants Michael Peca & Dan Muse

Luger

Aug 21, 2016
Clearwater, FL
He deserves the Jack Adams this year. The Rangers got way more points than their roster deserves on paper. They look very well coached. And considering that fans jump on the coach if the team has any problems, the lack of complaining about him shows how little there's to complain about.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
He deserves the Jack Adams this year. The Rangers got way more points than their roster deserves on paper. They look very well coached. And considering that fans jump on the coach if the team has any problems, the lack of complaining about him shows how little there's to complain about.
I’ll eat crow on this right now. I thought this was an uninspiring hire and not enough of a change from GG.

I was wrong…and I couldn’t be any more stoked about that fact.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
what? the Rangers currently have 106 points.

Under a coach that everyone considers trash, Gallant, they finished with 110 and 107 points.

So maybe they end up with 2 or 3 more points this season.

The roster is good, they're not overachieving.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
It was said this summer that if Lavy helped Laffy to become the player he could be then the hire would be considered a good one. He has done it, and he has hit the right notes on this group.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
He’s done above and beyond the job I’d thought he’d do in his 1st year…..
He’s implemented his system, and the team as a whole has bought into it. Not always easy getting 1 to follow the other.
Peca is a great add…. Everyone sees the reality that winning faceoffs is important. It leads to instant possession which is crucial on special teams as well as holding leads, and many other facets of the game as well.
When you have the puck, you’re not defending.
Zibbys had a rough go of it in his first year. Kakko had his early struggles and then got injured….
There are always challenges that present themselves….
Getting Gus cheap and him already knowing lavis system and playing it well was a stellar add by Drury.
Laf/schneider/miller/jones/cuylle
Even guys like Rempe /edstrom
Have progressed and prove they all belong in the nhl.

Year 2 is going to be interesting. I don’t expect Panarin will be as good, but I don’t think Zibby will be as bad…
Kreider should still get 30-40 goals 65-75 pts somewhere in that range.
Laf and Cuylle should be better.
Kakko should be as well.
Jones should get full time duty
Moves will be made, kids will come up and new guys will be added.
What really sucks is losing chytil…. With Cuylle/Kakko on his wings, he is the type of player that I think would thrive in this Lavi scheme…. Poor guy just can’t stay healthy

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Despite minor complaints, best coaching staff the Rangers have had since IMO Tortorella's staff, and Renney's before that. Maybe the best coaching staff they've had since I started watching in the early 90s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad