Confirmed with Link: Rangers Hire Peter Laviolette as Head Coach, Assistants Michael Peca & Dan Muse

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Housley did a very good job with Nashville's D. Chychrun had his best offensive seasons in Arizona with Housley. Chychrun couldn’t remain healthy enough to produce more than he did.

The Rangers young D need someone to get everything out of them. Hopefully, Housley is that guy.

No word on the responsibilities. Peca was responsible for the PP in Rochester but Housley is the PP guy. Maybe Housley will just work with the D and assist Laviolette. Muse handled the PK in Nashville. Peca handles the forwards and PP and Muse handles the PK. Housley handles the D.

Housley, Peca and Muse all have good resumes of working with young players.

Buy those Rangers futures bets on their D

Last edited:

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Why can’t Panarin do this more often?

3v3 hockey is so scary isn't it, what a time for him to go to the slot...

I honestly believe the turnovers will take care of themselves if Panarin is put on a line with players who are capable of getting open in traffic (read: not Trocheck and Kravtsov!), and if the staff coaches movement away from the puck on offense in the zone with any hint of effectiveness at all.
panarin has played with almost everyone at somepoint over the last 2 years, putting the turnoves on the other players is consistent with building excuses for him. last summer the line was that vinny and his driving game would help make up for panarin's perimeter game, it never ends with this guy. if people just want to keep coddling and working around him then just trade for strome again and let them be bffs again. this is sickening to me anymore...

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004

Housley did a very good job with Nashville's D. Chychrun had his best offensive seasons in Arizona with Housley. Chychrun couldn’t remain healthy enough to produce more than he did.

The Rangers young D need someone to get everything out of them. Hopefully, Housley is that guy.

No word on the responsibilities. Peca was responsible for the PP in Rochester but Housley is the PP guy. Maybe Housley will just work with the D and assist Laviolette. Muse handled the PK in Nashville. Peca handles the forwards and PP and Muse handles the PK. Housley handles the D.

There are numerous reports (including comments from players) of Housley being a complete dick to his players and alienating them. Dont care to have him here.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
The more I see and read about Muse, the more I like. It's pretty clear that this staff is 100% handpicked by Drury, which should put to bed any of the Sathir conspiracy theories. Probably won't but it should.

Reactions: NickyFotiu and RGY

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
There are numerous reports (including comments from players) of Housley being a complete dick to his players and alienating them. Dont care to have him here.
And? We have tried the nice guy approach with this group. That didn’t work. Enough of the coddling. Enough of the country club passive atmosphere. Enough of mediocrity with making the playoffs is success. Time to be a dick.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
How do you figure? Housley, Muse and Peca have all worked with Laviolette in the past.
Knew about Housley but honestly didn’t know Peca and Muse did. When and where was this if you don’t mind me asking?

Was gonna give props to Drury for going with younger, well respected and analytic inclusive assistance who are good at development but honestly if they were picked by Lavy that might even be a better sign.

Reactions: egelband

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Knew about Housley but honestly didn’t know Peca and Muse did. When and where was this if you don’t mind me asking?

Was gonna give props to Drury for going with younger, well respected and analytic inclusive assistance who are good at development but honestly if they were picked by Lavy that might even be a better sign.

In 2021, Laviolette appointed Peca as the new player development coach for the 2020-21 season. Obviously Peca played under Laviolette on the Island.

Muse spent three years as an assistant coach with the Predators, with Laviolette as head coach.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

KAM for Norris

• Love
Reactions: egelband and Cmox

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
I am just worried we are going to be a special teams type of team. Rangers really need to improve their 5 on 5 game. Need more even strength scoring this season.

Reactions: NickyFotiu

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
And? We have tried the nice guy approach with this group. That didn’t work. Enough of the coddling. Enough of the country club passive atmosphere. Enough of mediocrity with making the playoffs is success. Time to be a dick.
There's a difference between demanding and dickhead. Beyond that housley has proven Jack shit as a coach.

People okay with dink like housley but still shit on guy like torts and Babcock, silly

And I've been advocating for tougher leadership to eradicate the county club developing again, but housley is a tool unless he's figured it out since his last firing.

good. we got our bad cop.
Bad cop AC are idiots. Usually if it works the hc is the dickhead and the AC's are the nicer guys, otherwise the hc undermines the fake toughness of an ac. Again, people are going to embrace housley and shit on people like torts. It's comical. If housley hasn't learned anything it will be funny listening to everyone once he's run out of here...

Last edited:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
I know nothing about these coaches.

Love the Peca hire.

I like the name Dan Muse.

Whoever Ciaccio is, or whatever his name, the board wants him gone, I'm down with that.
Dan Muse enters the training facility the first day of camp, looks arounds, gives Ciaccao the birdie followed by a Stone Cold Stunner. A banner of his glasses are raised to the rafter of MSG. The end.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Housley has done good work with young players. He has a WJC gold as a coach IIRC.

To dive into Housley's hiring a bit further:

Phil Housley was the asst coach in Nashville from 2013 to 2017 and in Arizona from 2019 to 2022.

Ellis, Josi and Ekholm broke out under Housley's tutelage in NSH

And in ARI the same happened to Chychrun who unfortunately couldn't stay healthy.

That makes me excited for Fox, Miller, Schneider and Jones.

Fox had his best season under Jacques Martin, a defensive coach that has earned his stripes throughout the years. If Housley can replicate the success he had with Ellis, Josi, Ekholm and Chychrun, we are in for a big surprise

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
There's a difference between demanding and dickhead. Beyond that housley has proven Jack shit as a coach.

People okay with dink like housley but still shit on guy like torts and Babcock, silly

And I've been advocating for tougher leadership to eradicate the county club developing again, but housley is a tool unless he's figured it out since his last firing.

Bad cop AC are idiots. Usually if it works the hc is the dickhead and the AC's are the nicer guys, otherwise the hc undermines the fake toughness of an ac. Again, people are going to embrace housley and shit on people like torts. It's comical. If housley hasn't learned anything it will be funny listening to everyone once he's run out of here...

We're ok with Housley as an AC because theres a huge difference between AC and HC.

We're against guys like torts and babcock because tort doesn't understand the modern game, and babcock while possibly understanding the modern game, went far beyond "being a bad guy" with how he treated marner.

Tort is a guy who gets the most out of 3rd line plugs, but will never elevate a guy like mika or kakko.
Babcock might elevate a guy like kakko, but 50/50 he forces kakko + laf to demand a trade out.

Lavi is known to be tough on his players, that hes willing to sit guys. These hires also say he's aware that the kids will need communication and some more development to excel, and so he hired guys who are fresh off working with kids. These are very solid hires.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad