OT: Raise the Jolly Roger: Home of the Water-Logged Baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
It's time to take Cutch out of CF. You just can't make mental mistakes like that with no arm anyways. He does it consistently, and Marte is twice as good as him defensively and faster anyways.

They should have done it as soon as Marte came up. They will never do it for some reason.

Bad fielding, just bad.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
**** man... i rarely get mad, but jesus lord. Cole is a ****ing beast all game and you ****ing do that? You do that for him? Are you ****ing kidding me?

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Not Polanco's finest two days in RF. Our strength is supposed to be our OF. Turns out to be our biggest weakness tonight.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
The position players quite literally lost us this game. There's 0% chance we're going to score in the 9th.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
The game was lost in the first 5 innings by not being able to score against Blanton.

Heck of a game by Cole though, at least he gave the bullpen a rest.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
With Mercer hurt, Marte is pretty much the only + defender we have, unless you count Rodriguez I guess.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I'm still trying to figure how the **** to can't hit Joe ****ing Blanton. Are you ****ing kidding me??

Walker standing there knowing how bad he ****ed this inning.

Edit: Thought they were gonna work on Caminero's arm angle. He's still throwing 3/4 and his fastball is still FLAT.

Last edited:

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Oh my ****ing **** why would he go home

Great now Sofield ****s us over.

Are you kidding? You actually risk the runner who got a late start instead of holding him so two men are in scoring position in the top of the 9th and no outs??

edit: then of course the hottest hitter on the team who Clinton thought should sit drives in what should have been two ****ing runs!!

But no..we HAVE to play K DRO...

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Kang? I think he's been excellent in the field.

Caminero needs to go to the minors. He's a joke.

Agreed on both accounts. Maybe Kang's not + at SS, but after consistent time he could be, and he's shown a lot of good things at 3B.

Glad I turned this game off to miss Sofield. So much for that meme.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Agreed on both accounts. Maybe Kang's not + at SS, but after consistent time he could be, and he's shown a lot of good things at 3B.

Glad I turned this game off to miss Sofield. So much for that meme.

You would have been PISSED. Your lucky you missed it.

And Polanco finishes up his **** up for the night.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
LOL, I turned back in and haven't seen what happened (though read about it), and now this is getting funny. We're still gonna lose, it just seems destined tonight.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
The stupidity this team displays night in and night out needs to stop. They make far too many mistakes that hurt their chances to win.

Hurdle really needs to get their collective head out of their collective ass.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
Never seen some many goats in one game. Instant replay, Walker, Polanco, Cutch, Sofield, Hurdle. They should all be wearing a sheepskin tonight...

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I loved to hear Sofield's reasoning but it would just get me more pissed because there was absolutely no way anyone with any ounce of baseball intelligence sends a runner home down by three.

Also why aren't balls that outfielders touch with their gloves, then go over the fenced ruled as HRs instead of doubles? To me it's the same thing as the ball hitting the fence and then going over.

Meh, just a miserable night and down another game to the Cards.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Good example of why wins and losses for pitchers are a joke. Cole gets the loss after pitching a flawless 7 and a third only for his whole team to **** the bed.

These are the kind of losses that really piss me off. If the Royals had scored 8 off of Cole and they lost it would be one thing, but to just totally fall asleep and start kicking the ball around in the 8th inning of a tied game is unacceptable. If they are serious about winning this division (which they should be- they are good enough to do it) they need to cut out this crap. You just can't defeat yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad