Injury Report: Quick has knee surgery - out indefinitely

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
"Let's Wait And See"

LAKINGS "our pre-season is terrible, the youngsters don't seem that ready for the season"
Rob Blake "let's wait and see..."
LAKINGS "Roster looks pretty lifeless"
LAKINGS "Our coach is terrible"
LAKINGS "Our assistants are clueless about our specialty teams"
LAKINGS "Quick is injured Pt 1 - week to week"
LAKINGS "Alain Vigneault is available..."
LA KINGS "Nylander might be available?"
LAKINGS "Quick is injured Pt 2 - month to month"
LAKINGS "Shouldn't we at least try to get a decent backup to make our product passable for the fans?"

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I now know what a torn meniscus is. Damn it!!!!! Again, this happened in practice. What F kind of practice is Stevens running?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Quick's contract really isn't bad compared to other goalies of his level. You want a bad goalie contract, look no further than Price.

I know it's easy to say that considering when they were signed. But yeah, Prices contract is the worst in the league. And it's not even close.

dryz

Feb 10, 2011
Czechia
Then you have Bartosak imploding...

Are Kings completely done with Bartosak? He is the best goalie in the Czech Extraleague and the best we ever had here in HC Vitkovice . He has been carrying the team for three years now and will definitely get some international spotlight this season. He wants to try NHL again so the question is where. I think he has it in him to be a really great backup next year and eventually a starter.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Even with Kempe's warts, I don't think anyone is talking about trading a guy like Kempe who has one full, start-to-finish NHL year under his belt.

What it boils down to is this: Who the **** cares who the 2C is if they are going to be in last place anyways?

As for Doughty, this franchise is going to be in a lot of trouble if it makes all of its personnel decisions based on what a player will think. I believe that usually works out well in every sport.

You misunderstood, if they had traded Carter, or Muzzin, or Martinez this off-season, Doughty would not have re-signed.

And yes, I have read posts in here that advocate getting rid of Kempe, so cmon now....

And yes, it matters who the 2C is because unless you TRULY believe this team is a last place team, which NO ONE in the NHL does, then it matters, you guys are falling all over yourselves over the start of the season and all of a sudden a team that has been relevant, sucks to high hell now, it's freaking comical how you guys react to a bit of adversity.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I'm sorry for Jonathan, but without him and hopefully with Stevens we have a great shot at Hughes. The last thing this franchinse needs is another first round exit and 17th overall pick.

The thing I am currently most afraid of is that we'll have Vancouver's lottery luck

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The Kings are not relevant. This should finally be accepted as a fact. They are no better than a black hole team, which is why it doesn't matter who the 2C is on this team.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I now know what a torn meniscus is. Damn it!!!!! Again, this happened in practice. What F kind of practice is Stevens running?

It's a pretty minor injury these days, repaired with 2 small incisions and a laser. I've had it done, I'm sure a few others who have played sports in here have had it done. Quick obviously relies on his body and flexibility so this kind of stuff is gonna happen and recovery should be longer, no reason to rush him back. The Kings need a re tooling, they need a new coach, they need an entire new strength and conditioning staff and they have some passengers on the ship who need to be traded. Get a high draft pick, hopefully Vilardi will be ready at some point and then start over again in 2018-2019 fresh. The Kings mini fire sale should start now.

Reactions: BigKing

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
And yes, it matters who the 2C is because unless you TRULY believe this team is a last place team, which NO ONE in the NHL does, then it matters, you guys are falling all over yourselves over the start of the season and all of a sudden a team that has been relevant, sucks to high hell now, it's freaking comical how you guys react to a bit of adversity.

Well, this is where you lost me. GBH, the Kings have not been relevant in four years. They are 5 seasons removed from their Cup in 2014 and have done squat since. A 1st round sweep is only relevant in pointing out the decline of the roster.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It's a pretty minor injury these days, repaired with 2 small incisions and a laser. I've had it done, I'm sure a few others who have played sports in here have had it done. Quick obviously relies on his body and flexibility so this kind of stuff is gonna happen and recovery should be longer, no reason to rush him back. The Kings need a re tooling, they need a new coach, they need an entire new strength and conditioning staff and they have some passengers on the ship who need to be traded. Get a high draft pick, hopefully Vilardi will be ready at some point and then start over again in 2018-2019 fresh. The Kings mini fire sale should start now.
Losing cartilage in the knee is never a good thing though, and it shows the wear and tear on Quick is starting to add up.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Well, this is where you lost me. GBH, the Kings have not been relevant in four years. They are 5 seasons removed from their Cup in 2014 and have done squat since. A 1st round sweep is only relevant in pointing out the decline of the roster.

LOL I guess if you define relevant by winning the cup, sure....I would agree with that,

I don't define relevant as a cup win though.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Losing cartilage in the knee is never a good thing though, and it shows the wear and tear on Quick is starting to add up.

Not a good thing, but does not show wear and tear, you have 18 year olds having the same kind of surgery....pretty sure they don't have the wear and tear that Quick does...

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The most accurate description I can come up with for the Kings to summarize them since 2015 is fringe playoff team. And if you’re coming off a run like 2012-14, that’s a huge fall off in terms of overall relevance relative to contenders.

And there is the problem, the expectations of management and most fans, that this group is a contender. They haven’t come close to that, and now things are at their worst.

You have to hope that JQs injury bug is a tactic for his eventual retirement, insurance payout and LTIR cap relief for the roster.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
The Kings are not relevant. This should finally be accepted as a fact. They are no better than a black hole team, which is why it doesn't matter who the 2C is on this team.

They won the Jennings last season. They had more ROW and a better goal differential than both the Sharks and Ducks. They had a Norris finalist, Hart finalist and a Selke winner. How are they not relevant? Maybe you meant to say they aren't good right now, but they certainly are relevant.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
They aren't getting the hype as other drafts, but there are still some quality players. Jack Hughes, even though he's had an "average" year so far, is getting comparisons to Patrick Kane.

Why Jack Hughes is the top-ranked 2019 NHL draft prospect

Kaapo Kakko has been rising quite a bit, and has been playing well as a 17 year-old against men. He has 10 points in 14 games. I need to watch more of him.

Kirby Dach is also rising very quickly. He has 27 points in 16 games in the WHL. He's a large playmaking center; some people have compared him to Joe Thornton. Others have compared him to Getzlaf, though I don't see the mean streak to his game where that's a good comparison.

Dylan Cozens was touted more than Dach prior to this season's start. He's a faster player with more two way ability and physical play.

Vasiliy Podkolzin is a skilled winger who just knows how to score. I want to watch more of him, but he just bulls his way to the net.

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-kakko-boldy-and-kaliyev-rise-up-draft-rankings-1.1196164

If the Kings can nab another first round pick (or if they pick just outside the top 10), I wouldn't mind a player like Alex Turcotte or Raphael Lavoie. Though I have to see more video on them and read more on these players (I've focused more on forwards).
Whoa, thanks for the info!

Reactions: King'sPawn

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
They won the Jennings last season. They had more ROW and a better goal differential than both the Sharks and Ducks. They had a Norris finalist, Hart finalist and a Selke winner. How are they not relevant? Maybe you meant to say they aren't good right now, but they certainly are relevant.
The Kings are not relevant in terms of being Stanley Cup contenders.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC

You’re right about relevancy, but management is communicating contender status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad