Injury Report: Quick has knee surgery - out indefinitely

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Man, you are seriously negative, it's getting to be a little over the top.

For your first comment, what did you want them to do with Quick? To have not signed him? He has been the best ****ing goalie in franchise history, a record setting goalie that brought us two cups and you just want the team to get rid of him?

This knee injury has nothing to do with unrecoverable injuries and I don't know how it relates to his play style. If it was his groin I could understand your point, but it is not.

What took them so long is that they have a high end starting goalie right now, so you end up losing guys like Martin Jones because you can't keep starting quality goalies as backups.

What happened to Cal Petersen is that he is getting used to pro hockey and is being developed by potentially the best goalie development staff in the entire league.

Of all the things to ***** about, I figured goalies would not be one of them.

When the hell did i say they shouldn't have signed Quick? Wtf.

If you haven't noticed... He's getting injured more and more with age this happens to goalies with his style.

It's been a really shitty start to a season so I'm sorry if I seem over dramatic. There has been no bright spots at all this season. What should I be happy about really.

What you seem to not be understanding is that the Kings should have had someone be ready to take the reigns once Quick goes down, which he's doing more and more. The fact that it's Budaj and Campbell going into 2019 , two second string goalies with no starting potential, this is what I'm mad about.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Are you happy that Quick got injured so you being negative all the time is proven right?

I don't get what your point is here. Is it that anyone who wasn't completely ****ting all over the team should have predicted that Quick would get injured and written the team off before the season even started?

you don't understand the world yet?

if YOU exist, then an exact opposite of you must exist as well, ME

without me or people like me, you wouldn't be considered positive, you'd be just regular

so thank me instead of bashing me

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Quick has not been himself all season. I have to wonder if something like this has been bothering him the entire time, but he's the kind of guy who will play through everything possible. To be honest, Campbell has been better than the shitty version of Quick the whole season so far.

I love Jonathan Quick. I hope for his sake and for the team's sake that he recovers fully and leads this team at the end of the season.

As I mentioned before, injuries, especially to key players, are exactly the kind of thing that sinks bubble teams. I can't see how this is gonna end well for the Kings. My hopes for this season are drifting away.

All I'm hoping for at this point is that the Kings play some entertaining hockey. Open it up. Lose 5-4, 7-5. End-to-end. Then blow it up at the end of the season after they finish 10 points out.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
If Blake actually believes we are Cup contenders he will make a move for a goalie.

If no move is made he should just blow the whole god damn thing up.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017

without me or people like me, you wouldn't be considered positive, you'd be just regular

I didn't even say I was one of the positive ones, nor did I bash you.

I was asking what your comment meant, because it seemed to me that you were happy about the fact that Quick got injured, so you could call out other people you argue with on the internet.

Which just seemed odd to me, so I was hoping you had another point.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I didn't even say I was one of the positive ones, nor did I bash you.

I was asking what your comment meant, because it seemed to me that you were happy about the fact that Quick got injured, so you could call out other people you argue with on the internet.

Which just seemed odd to me, so I was hoping you had another point.

uh, no not at all

i was just wondering what else a positive person could say now?

all signs point to a shit season, and now without our goalie and with an inexperienced Campbell & Budaj that really shouldn't be in the NHL anymore, what are they gonna say now?

that's all

Quick is my favorite NHL player btw

and i'm not negative all the time, only when it's obvious that the team isn't going to be good... which seems like all the time of late because we've been sucking for 4 seasons

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Well, Lombardi did almost nothing to stock up the system with goalies over the YEARS.
At least (in 1.5 years) Blake signed Cal Petersen, and Cole Koehler...and Darcy Kuemper, who they could not keep.

In all the years of Quick, Lombardi's list was Ersberg, Jones, Bartosak, Berube, Budaj, other scrubs. At least Blake has addressed the depth and future.

Reactions: BehindEnemyLines

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
When the hell did i say they shouldn't have signed Quick? Wtf.

If you haven't noticed... He's getting injured more and more with age this happens to goalies with his style.

It's been a really ****ty start to a season so I'm sorry if I seem over dramatic. There has been no bright spots at all this season. What should I be happy about really.

What you seem to not be understanding is that the Kings should have had someone be ready to take the reigns once Quick goes down, which he's doing more and more. The fact that it's Budaj and Campbell going into 2019 , two second string goalies with no starting potential, this is what I'm mad about.

Well, you were complaining about the Kings having him as a starter and he is playing on the contract he signed years ago. So, I assume you didn't want him signed to that contract. You are right that injuries do happen to goalies as they age, especially with his style, but this leads back to my last point. What would you have wanted them to have done differently with regards to Quick?

I do understand your point, but the problem is that you can't keep goalies forever and can't predict when odd things occur. It wasn't a couple of years ago when the Kings were considered a goalie factory, unfortunately they lost a lot of those prospects and have only recently been restocking the pipeline. It is not quick, especially with how volatile goalies can be.

I would argue that having Campbell and Budaj as our tandem now is a sign that Blake has been making the right moves with regards to goalies. A veteran backup and a youngish player with upside were sitting in the system just in case this moment happened. They also have the ability to pick up a Mack or Pickard should they hit waivers again.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
People also ask

How long does it take to recover from torn meniscus surgery?

The patient may need crutches for about 6 weeks and can return to playing sports in approximately 3 months. Example 2: A patient who has surgery to repair a large meniscal tear as well as knee laxity may not be allowed to bend the knee for 4 to 6 weeks.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
First I think it sucks that quick is hurt, and feel bad for him.

With that said, it's probably a good thing for this team. Quick on top if his game puts the team in the black hole area, good enough to squeak into the playoffs but an automatic exit in the 1st round.

Wish this team would just except this and start rebuilding or retooling sooner rather than later. This team is old, stale and very boring.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Well, you were complaining about the Kings having him as a starter and he is playing on the contract he signed years ago. So, I assume you didn't want him signed to that contract. You are right that injuries do happen to goalies as they age, especially with his style, but this leads back to my last point. What would you have wanted them to have done differently with regards to Quick?

I do understand your point, but the problem is that you can't keep goalies forever and can't predict when odd things occur. It wasn't a couple of years ago when the Kings were considered a goalie factory, unfortunately they lost a lot of those prospects and have only recently been restocking the pipeline. It is not quick, especially with how volatile goalies can be.

I would argue that having Campbell and Budaj as our tandem now is a sign that Blake has been making the right moves with regards to goalies. A veteran backup and a youngish player with upside were sitting in the system just in case this moment happened. They also have the ability to pick up a Mack or Pickard should they hit waivers again.

All I said is no player especially a goalie should get a 10 year contract considering what a volatile position they play. I never said they shouldn't have signed him.

Also, so the kings should again try to patch it from Waivers. Again, long time passed. No starting potential anywhere.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Well, let's hope Quick can rehab and come back to play well. Nothing but respect for Jonathan Quick. He has been a warrior for the Kings.

We all knew the Kings would probably ride him into the ground at some point. This may be it. There should be no life line thrown to this core in terms of a trade for a more established goalie. Sink or swim Doughty and Kopitar.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

EvilSpock.jpg

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Well, Lombardi did almost nothing to stock up the system with goalies over the YEARS.
At least (in 1.5 years) Blake signed Cal Petersen, and Cole Koehler...and Darcy Kuemper, who they could not keep.

In all the years of Quick, Lombardi's list was Ersberg, Jones, Bartosak, Berube, Budaj, other scrubs. At least Blake has addressed the depth and future.
I don't know about this. Lombardi acquired and developed Bernier and Jones. Both are NHL average to better than average NHL goalies.

In Quick, while he wasn't drafted by Lombardi, Lombardi cracked the whip (sent him down to ECHL) and Quick responded. Isn't having a dominant goalie one of the goals any GM should ascribe to for maximum success. Lombardi had two pretty good ones in Quick and Nabokov. Don't forget he drafted and developed Kiprusoff in San Jose as well.

My point is Dean Lombardi understands the importance of the goaltending position.

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I’ve said it before, I think DL wanted Bishop as insurance for Quick going forward. Didn’t work out but I believe that was his thinking.

I also think LA should have gone after Ryan Miller.

Kings system has helped their backups the last few years. They are bleeding goals this year tho.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Well there goes me watching any games this year . We definitely are not making the playoffs. Good year to get a top 5 pick from what I understand so there is that , and Kupari has picked it up after a slow start. Has 12 pts now in 16 games .

Also explains Quick looking like garbage this season

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The incompetent ghost of Lombardi strikes again.

Just like 16-17 with Quick, and last year with Carter, they're going to go with what they got. It's a hard cap league, they're last in the league, and Blake doing anything right now would be Lombardi level of bad GMing. He's working from a total position of weakness, and they don't even have any expiring contracts for the deadline. I would say expect nothing to happen, in whatever way you want to use that expectation. Nobody needs the Kings bad contracts. Nobody needs their old players. There's not going to be a fire sale, because there's nothing to sell.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

Lombardi addressed depth with any and all goalies that were signed and/or drafted during his time here. Hell, his first draft pick was a goalie and one of the guys in your list is a starting goaltender that has been to a SCF. First pick in the 2011 draft was a goalie. Unfortunately, they didn't work out for the Kings except that they don't make the playoffs in 2012 without Bernier and Jones was great for them as well. It's hard to keep an NHL level goalie when you've got a guy in Quick that is going to be playing in front of him for the foreseeable future.

Blake drafted and signed some guys. Great. Maybe they are Martin Jones or maybe they are Christopher Gibson. Regardless, it was more important for Blake to address the goalie pipeline in 2017 than it was for Lombardi to do so in 2014.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
so Quick gets injured
and i'm just trolling habs fans on the main board

my mind works in mysterious ways

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The incompetent ghost of Lombardi strikes again.

Just like 16-17 with Quick, and last year with Carter, they're going to go with what they got. It's a hard cap league, they're last in the league, and Blake doing anything right now would be Lombardi level of bad GMing. He's working from a total position of weakness, and they don't even have any expiring contracts for the deadline. I would say expect nothing to happen, in whatever way you want to use that expectation. Nobody needs the Kings bad contracts. Nobody needs their old players. There's not going to be a fire sale, because there's nothing to sell.
Meh, Muzzin, Martinez, Toffoli, Pearson, and maybe Carter all still have value. It depends on injuries and what a team is looking for in a trade.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014

LOL wow...that's just sad that you actually believe that, then listed a minimum of 2 goalies that went and had success elsewhere....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad