Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
tumblr_inline_pcl3886b9A1qi6ta8_540.gif

Reactions: seamore

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I know...I had to make sure it wasn't a fake Jon Rosen Twitter.

Jack Campbell, you the man. Take us to the playoffs, or to lottery-ville.

Reactions: seamore

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
You know what though? The Kings are a dumb f*** organization thinking they can ride on the back of a goalie who's play style leads unrecoverable injuries, and a style that almost guarantees more injuries as they get older.

What took them so f***ing long to groom a goalie. Petersen is supposed to be that guy and where the hell is he now ? Where is the foresight on this damn team man.

This blows. Season is almost guaranteed a flop now unless by some luck he heals insanely fast or one of the goalies plays absolutely out of their mind.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Gotta assume we're looking at 2-3 months here at the most optimistic, and LTIR. My guess is JQ shuts it down for the year. He hasn't been healthy since camp. Real shame the Kings wasted his great season last year by laying egg on offense in the playoffs.

So what does this mean in terms of cap relief? Frankly, a below average Quick is not much better than current peak Campbell, so I hope Blake doesn't pull a Lombardi and go after a starting goalie if JQ is done for a couple of months.

Assuming some or all of JQ's $5M+ cap hit is available, what could the Kings do to try and improve themselves for the future?

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
You know what though? The Kings are a dumb **** organization thinking they can ride on the back of a goalie who's play style leads unrecoverable injuries, and a style that almost guarantees more injuries as they get older.

What took them so ****ing long to groom a goalie. Petersen is supposed to be that guy and where the hell is he now ? Where is the foresight on this damn team man.

This blows. Season is almost guaranteed a flop now unless by some luck he heals insanely fast or one of the goalies plays absolutely out of their mind.

Well, the Kings couldn't predict what would happen with Patrik Bartošák.... And they groomed Martin Jones....

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
let's hear a round from the Positivitees!! where ya'll at bros!?

**Positive Guy enters chat convo**

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
My first thought was poor Quickie. Guy wants it more than anyone on this team. He's gonna go down as maybe my favorite goalie ever. He's as Hextall as you can get in this era. The perfect teammate as a goalie, and his biggest flaw is like DiPietro, just wants to play through anything, prove how tough is is.

Just shut him down and let him hopefully recover.

The worst part about this in my opinion, this might be used as an excuse for the teams poor performance hence Stevens job being safe. Oof.

This was my 2nd thought as well. Stevens is going to get an alibi now. Pissed.

Welcome to LA Kari Lehtonen.

oddly this was my third thought. Wouldn't be too surprised honestly, but Budaj/Campbell platoon more likely.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
the main thing that pisses me off, is that now for sure Stevens won't get fired

the goaltending with be their scapegoat

i'm positive of this

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Well, the Kings couldn't predict what would happen with Patrik Bartošák.... And they groomed Martin Jones....

Exactly. Went from goalie factory to completely pillaged practically overnight. Bartosak to stupid, Jones to SJ realizing they couldn't beat him. JF Berube to waivers. Couple of prospects (Alec Dillon, etc.) just never took a step forward. Trying to restock obviously but it doesn't happen in a day. Petersen was a real haul, but it's not yet prime time.

Reactions: The Pale King

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
You know what though? The Kings are a dumb **** organization thinking they can ride on the back of a goalie who's play style leads unrecoverable injuries, and a style that almost guarantees more injuries as they get older.

What took them so ****ing long to groom a goalie. Petersen is supposed to be that guy and where the hell is he now ? Where is the foresight on this damn team man.

Man, you are seriously negative, it's getting to be a little over the top.

For your first comment, what did you want them to do with Quick? To have not signed him? He has been the best f***ing goalie in franchise history, a record setting goalie that brought us two cups and you just want the team to get rid of him?

This knee injury has nothing to do with unrecoverable injuries and I don't know how it relates to his play style. If it was his groin I could understand your point, but it is not.

What took them so long is that they have a high end starting goalie right now, so you end up losing guys like Martin Jones because you can't keep starting quality goalies as backups.

What happened to Cal Petersen is that he is getting used to pro hockey and is being developed by potentially the best goalie development staff in the entire league.

Of all the things to bitch about, I figured goalies would not be one of them.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Just hilarious how much of last season's "success" was unsustainable (Hart Kopitar, Back up goalie record, 6-on-5 goals, Always giving up 1st goal, Kempe hot streak) and Blake was going to trade for Patches.

I almost wish he would have at this point so he could get the Lombardi treatment around here.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
better now than at the end of the season.

...and this is no surprise. If he can't adjust his style of play (too many splits and side-to-side slides on his knees), his career is over. You heard it here first.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
let's hear a round from the Positivitees!! where ya'll at bros!?

**Positive Guy enters chat convo**

Are you happy that Quick got injured so you being negative all the time is proven right?

I don't get what your point is here. Is it that anyone who wasn't completely shitting all over the team should have predicted that Quick would get injured and written the team off before the season even started?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I get that we've had good potential and back ups, but those guys have been gone for a while already. And no one replaced that for a while.

My first thought was poor Quickie. Guy wants it more than anyone on this team. He's gonna go down as maybe my favorite goalie ever. He's as Hextall as you can get in this era. The perfect teammate as a goalie, and his biggest flaw is like DiPietro, just wants to play through anything, prove how tough is is.

Just shut him down and let him hopefully recover.

This was my 2nd thought as well. Stevens is going to get an alibi now. Pissed.

oddly this was my third thought. Wouldn't be too surprised honestly, but Budaj/Campbell platoon more likely.

Yeah man, I can't imagine how pissed Quick is. Dudes easily the biggest competitor on this team and I feel really bad for him cause this is a shitty trend. I wish he adjusted his style so he could have likely had better health, but old habits sure die hard.

Yeah Stevens will likely stay now.

Here's some f***ing controversy Blake. Be a man and try something out instead of sitting on your hands.

God I'm pissed, I waited such a long time for the season to start only to watch some of the most pathetic displays of hockey, hear a coach completely out of his depth say he doesn't know why they suck, and then this, a season ending injury to the best goalie we have.

Cherry on the top: the damn scapegoat.

Fucccck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad