GDT: Quarter Final | Finland Vs Sweden | 1/2 @ 1:30PM | TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Well, that was much better, a well deserved win, hard tempo and virtually no careless mistakes. And, yeah, on average Swedish fans are really classy and gracious, us colonials are way meaner:)

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Well, that was much better, a well deserved win, hard tempo and virtually no careless mistakes. And, yeah, on average Swedish fans are really classy and gracious, us colonials are way meaner:)
I think swedes have become more graceful fans in the last twenty years. Growing up a finn in Sweden was horrible during world champs. Don't which was worse, when Finland won or when Finland lost..

The swedish fans here are always great, not all finns here tho..

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
I think swedes have become more graceful fans in the last twenty years. Growing up a finn in Sweden was horrible during world champs. Don't which was worse, when Finland won or when Finland lost..

The swedish fans here are always great, not all finns here tho..

Agreed, outside of a very few ultra-homers, on average the swedes here are more gracious than finns, be it a loss or a win. That said, there's only a handful of truly irksome finnish fans here.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sounds like Raymond and Holtz have some serious character issues. Shame for the teams who drafted them.

Lol I know you are taking passive aggressive shots at the Swedes but I recall an insider say that Senators were not really impressed with Raymond's interviews with the team and he came off too cocky. But then again Senators love character too much, and a little cockiness is good.

You can see bit of the incident here though at 9:32

Last edited:

Stoat

Jan 5, 2014
Oulu
Puljujarvi comes to mind sadly, he'll play and get another shot in Edmonton but he hasn't improved his stickhandling or skating at all so i very much doubt he'll stick around for long.

You are wrong. His stickhandling and skating is easily on NHL level. Where he has problems is his mind. He makes way too many stupid mistakes that do not belong to to mens level of hockey. Also his accuracy needs improvement.

If he can get some accuracy on his shot or improve his hockey iq, he'll have a good NHL career.

Reactions: Ippenator

Honest M

May 11, 2012
That was an embarrassing performance by the swedes, total brain freeze

I think it was mostly due to the lack of coaching /leadership and the lack of players that might fill that gap from the lost coaches.

Despite that the game was close, I think the finns will loose against US.

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
That was an embarrassing performance by the swedes, total brain freeze

I think it was mostly due to the lack of coaching /leadership and the lack of players that might fill that gap from the lost coaches.

Despite that the game was close, I think the finns will loose against US.
How was the game close? You got absolutely dominated for 2 periods.

Reactions: THE JAM and Jussi

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
You are wrong. His stickhandling and skating is easily on NHL level. Where he has problems is his mind. He makes way too many stupid mistakes that do not belong to to mens level of hockey. Also his accuracy needs improvement.

If he can get some accuracy on his shot or improve his hockey iq, he'll have a good NHL career.
This is exactly how it is. If someone is complaining about his skating, that person doesn’t seriously know how to evaluate skating.

Many NHL experts have been praising his skating already, and especially that it has been now improving a lot since he had his hip surgery. Even his puck controlling has clearly improved, although I wouldn’t still call it great, but at least serviceable.

But Pulju seems to still unfortunately have clear problems with his hockey IQ and also some with his shooting, although I think he has been able to develop his shooting at least a bit. But he definitely isn’t a great shooter either.

His hockey IQ is anyway still clearly his biggest weakness, and unfortunately I’m not convinced that he will ever develop it to the level that is needed for a good NHL career. I hope I’m wrong about it, but it for sure doesn’t look good at the moment.

Reactions: Hazard78
Dec 25, 2020
Hill Country
A+ Gallery_9.jpg
Finnish fans showed it all on jumbotron lol.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Mikael Renberg is a combination of slightly cocky and pretty ignorant. He doesn't read up and it is evident again and again.
I always saw him like this already during his career. Definitely a good player, but very cocky and irritating. Seems like nothing has really changed...

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
No. Not easily offended. That was VERY offensive. Throw it in the trash in the locker room if you want, but have a little respect while still on the ice.

You don't win anything with respect... and beside he made one guy happy, just pathetic to be so offended by a young guy giving away his silver medal he clerarly doesnt want...

whats more cringe is ppl crying about Swedens olympic gold medal from 2006... :laugh:

Merton Chesney

Jan 3, 2021
You don't win anything with respect... and beside he made one guy happy, just pathetic to be so offended by a young guy giving away his silver medal he clerarly doesnt want...

whats more cringe is ppl crying about Swedens olympic gold medal from 2006... :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad