GDT: Quarter-final • Jan. 2 • Russia 2, Czech Republic 1 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
Brutal play by the Czechs on that OT goal. All four guys in one corner looking at the puck, there were in fact two Russians wide open so no wonder they scored.

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
The tool got his just desserts. He seems to be a really bitter twisted child judging by his comments before the game and after.

"Canada is better," said Krejci. "The Russian guys are really (cocky) ... I don't know I hate Russia."

What a sad person.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Tough lesson learned for the Czech player that went down on the winning goal. He wasn't really hurt, just in pain. Cost his team the game trying to stay down for a call.

Anywho, we got two great semis coming up.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
I put an OT win for russia and a regulation win for Finland. Hope my predictions for tonights games leaves me at 100%.

0123456789*

Before the match he also said he hates Russians and wanted to play them in the QF. Made his little dive resulting a goal even more special :laugh:

Kind of sad when an Under 20 player hates a country when he knows **** all. I might as well hate Germans because like many Russians we all lost family in ww2. Move the **** on, Sport and Politics should not mix and hating a country about something that happened before your father even had sperm cells is a joke.

I don't mind Czechs, been to Prague. It's a shame some people have old fashioned ignorant ways of thinking.

To be honest not many like Russians in Czech republic. Not only do most of the people remember the repression that they suffered for decades and it only ended 20 years ago which really is nothing unless your young, but more importantly now a days large amounts of organized crime is Russian "mafia". Generally speaking there is not much positive news about Russians out there, threatening Prague to target it with nukes a few years ago with the radar fiasco and shutting of gas supplies didnt win many friends either. In sports there is the added history of beating their occupier.
To be honest though Czechs dont like many people except Slovaks and maybe Cubans and some of the happy go lucky pacific nations that no one can possibly hate:)

Anyways crappy end to a good game. It was a clear penalty at the end and the play according to the rules should have also been whistled down regardless. If there is a immediate scoring chance it is to whistled down according to the rule book, especially on what should have been a easy and blatant penalty. The impact Krejci got to his face on a follow through certainly was extremely dangerous and the refs must of seen it, no excuse to ignore it. Cost the Czech the game regardless of what the players on the ice did, the play should not have continued. The refs are the only ones you can blame.

0123456789*

Gord Miller @GMillerTSN
Follow up on the Rus/Czech game. A player is permitted accidental contact on a normal windup or follow through. Right call was made.

He is completely wrong and someone in his position should have the decency to take the few minuets to learn the rules. the guy is either a idiot or just doesnt care.

Kostik

Oct 5, 2005
Before the match he also said he hates Russians and wanted to play them in the QF. Made his little dive resulting a goal even more special :laugh:

Kind of sad when an Under 20 player hates a country when he knows **** all. I might as well hate Germans because like many Russians we all lost family in ww2. Move the **** on, Sport and Politics should not mix and hating a country about something that happened before your father even had sperm cells is a joke.

I don't mind Czechs, been to Prague. It's a shame some people have old fashioned ignorant ways of thinking.

Czechs have suffered for more than 40 years in communism because of Russians(Soviet union). In 1968, when we were heading towards democracy, Czechoslovakia was occupied by Soviet army and other communist countries. Nowadays, some of the Russian rich people act very arrogant in our country. Don't blame U20 hockey kids not to like Russia, in hockey there is no bigger rival for us.
Congrats for semis though, we fought well, but Russia is obviously better.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
Czechs have suffered for more than 40 years in communism because of Russians(Soviet union). In 1968, when we were heading towards democracy, Czechoslovakia was occupied by Soviet army and other communist countries. Nowadays, some of the Russian rich people act very arrogant in our country. Don't blame U20 hockey kids not to like Russia, in hockey there is no bigger rivals for us.

So wtf does Kuznetsov, Yakupov, Bragin and co. have to with with any of those things you just described? That Krejci kid sounds like he's got some serious issues.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
To be honest not many like Russians in Czech republic. Not only do most of the people remember the repression that they suffered for decades and it only ended 20 years ago which really is nothing unless your young, but more importantly now a days large amounts of organized crime is Russian "mafia".
we had freed you from the nazis. If you mean repression, I had been in the Eastern Block Countries during Soviet Union years and believe me you guys had it easy, we had been repressed and poor just for the sake that YOU guys could live better and show off the "power of communism", so our own people had the worst end of it, believe it or not. As far as the occupier, you guys must have liked it under Nazzi Germany - that's occupation, I guess
Generally speaking there is not much positive news about Russians out there, threatening Prague to target it with nukes a few years ago with the radar fiasco and shutting of gas supplies didnt win many friends either. In sports there is the added history of beating their occupier.
Well if you sell out for $$$ and put clearly anti-russian military establishment you have to be dumb to think that Russia will come and shake your hand
To be honest though Czechs dont like many people except Slovaks and maybe Cubans and some of the happy go lucky pacific nations that no one can possibly hate:)

Anyways crappy end to a good game. It was a clear penalty at the end and the play according to the rules should have also been whistled down regardless. If there is a immediate scoring chance it is to whistled down according to the rule book, especially on what should have been a easy and blatant penalty. The impact Krejci got to his face on a follow through certainly was extremely dangerous and the refs must of seen it, no excuse to ignore it. Cost the Czech the game regardless of what the players on the ice did, the play should not have continued. The refs are the only ones you can blame.

in truth most of Europeans don't like each other, as they are big-time shovinists, Russians included. As far as your excuses go - rediculous. There was a clear cross-checking in front of your goal in the third period that didn't get whistled, but yet you want your trash-talking diving player to be presented with a call:shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Czechs have suffered for more than 40 years in communism because of Russians(Soviet union). In 1968, when we were heading towards democracy, Czechoslovakia was occupied by Soviet army and other communist countries. Nowadays, some of the Russian rich people act very arrogant in our country. Don't blame U20 hockey kids not to like Russia, in hockey there is no bigger rival for us.

the 1968 part was awful - the whole soviet experiment didn't work out, yet you probably weren't even around when that happened. If you guys think you had it bad, read my previous post - in addition to that, you got free oil, gas, resources, military help and equipment, while I had to stand for 40-60 minutes in line to get bread, because Soviet Union subsidized your country. If you go ahead and blame Russia for Soviet Union, you should hate the other 14 republics and the rest of the soviet block countries as well, right?

As for Russian with money acting arrogant is true, I hate that, I no longer live in Russia and if faced - shut it down immediately. I was in Prague though and had seen it, so you are right here. Yet none of this explains Krejci's stupidity for diving and bad-mouthing a nation - as sport and politics are not to be mixed. I will not write on this issue again, as it is not a political board.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
So wtf does Kuznetsov, Yakupov, Bragin and co. have to with with any of those things you just described? That Krejci kid sounds like he's got some serious issues.
Glad someone sees my point, I may as well hate Germany(Invasion of Russia),Napoleon(Invasion of Russia).

He needs to grow up, the world is not so black and white. GROW UP.

Even the Japs had an atom bomb dropped on them and get along fine with the Americans.

Hilarious comments about gas

Russia shut off gas to most of Europe(Not just Czechs) because Ukraine(The main transit route at the time) had stolen large amounts of Russian gas which was intended for Europe. Since then Russia has built one enormous gas pipeline and is building another, both avoid Ukraine.

TexasCsar

Dec 24, 2011
It was a clear penalty at the end and the play according to the rules should have also been whistled down regardless.

It was clear dive, thats what it was. It was a incidental follow through after wrist shot that rang off the post. You little Danny would have gotten a beat down by his own team in the showers if this was to happen in NHL. Anyone remembers Kovalev's incident few years ago when he dropped his stick in playoffs and caused a goal?

Im sure this guy is just another clueless Russian that occupied Prague 40 years ago. Way to go hater Gord.

http://twitter.com/GMillerTSN

GMillerTSN Gord Miller
Follow up on the Rus/Czech game. A player is permitted accidental contact on a normal windup or follow through. Right call was made.

petr86

Oct 9, 2010
Praha
the 1968 part was awful - the whole soviet experiment didn't work out, yet you probably weren't even around when that happened. If you guys think you had it bad, read my previous post - in addition to that, you got free oil, gas, resources, military help and equipment, while I had to blabla.....
I hope this is not a serious post. Wow...

TexasCsar

Dec 24, 2011

serious or not, your guy took embarrassing dive in hopes to draw another penalty. End of story. Poor sportsmanship and lack of judgement. He will be remember for that. Let him try this in NHL. Not that he has a chance of making it there.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010

Unfortunately I think it is :( Nevermind, the good news is that with a win against Slovakia we could secure a much easier group for next year, potentially making getting to the quarterfinal a lot easier.....

The team also looks stronger next year, although without Mrazek.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Unfortunately I think it is :( Nevermind, the good news is that with a win against Slovakia we could secure a much easier group for next year, potentially making getting to the quarterfinal a lot easier.....

The team also looks stronger next year, although without Mrazek.

Agreed. Looking forward to it already. And I think even though I´m gonna miss Mrazek, goaltending should not be an issue for us with Machovsky, Bartosak, Honzik, maybe Langhamer.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
the devolution of some of this thread is pretty absurd. Some repressed issues floating around.

There's nothing wrong with one country disliking another. It happens often in sports. That doesn't mean the Czechs want to drop nukes on Russia or that the Russians want to reinvade.

On hockey matters, I do think the kid who went down can't feel bad for himself. He got hit high, and it probably stung a bit. Sad that they lost on that play, but it was an entertaining game none the less.

petr86

Oct 9, 2010
Praha
serious or not, your guy took embarrassing dive in hopes to draw another penalty. End of story. Poor sportsmanship and lack of judgement. He will be remember for that. Let him try this in NHL. Not that he has a chance of making it there.

:allears: tell me more (I dont really know what this has to do anything with what I was responding to...)

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow

I will remember him as the stupid little boy who before the match said he hates Russia with all his heart an now hates Russia with all his body :laugh:

Gemini

May 12, 2011
in addition to that, you got free oil, gas, resources, military help and equipment, while I had to stand for 40-60 minutes in line to get bread, because Soviet Union subsidized your country.

The economic system imposed by the Soviet Union took everything away from the Czechs and you're implying that they should be grateful for these few "gifts" they got in return for having their economy destroyed by their "liberators" (who were no better than the Nazis anyway)?

The bit about "military help" is ironic as the Soviet Union was the biggest military threat to Czech independence.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Agreed. Looking forward to it already. And I think even though I´m gonna miss Mrazek, goaltending should not be an issue for us with Machovsky, Bartosak, Honzik, maybe Langhamer.

Yes, goaltending should be solid :) I also hope we might see Hertl or Jaskin in the senior team for the WC (subject to good performance) That would be pretty cool.

helgo

May 6, 2010
Budweis

I really dont know if hockey players in canada and america got highsticked in face 10 times a day so they dont really mind it, but for others ... yeah it hurts. Should be a penalty? Who knows, by IIHF rules probably yes, but i absolutely hate, when "tough" internet guys call everybody, who dont get shot in the head with a smile, diver...

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
On hockey matters, I do think the kid who went down can't feel bad for himself. He got hit high, and it probably stung a bit. Sad that they lost on that play, but it was an entertaining game none the less.

Yes it stings and there is that brief moment of shock when that happens, everyone who has played hockey knows that but the guy went down and acted like he was dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad