GDT: Quarter-final • Jan. 2 • Russia 2, Czech Republic 1 (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Not sure about sold out. I thought all major games were sold out, no?.

I thought so but I also thought (and I could have easily misunderstood) Gord Miller said there were some tickets still available for the Semis.

I am most likely wrong.

Krecji incident? That he was nightsticked and didn't want to get up? I really don't have any comments on that.

I don't know what that means. No pressure but please elaborate.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Czech fans complaining about the refs are out of their minds. They didnt call anything against czechs for the whole game then gave them a behind the play borderline call with 40 sec to go in the third.... The refs can t win it for you, It s called karma.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Elaborate what? What incident were you talking about?

The Krecji incident at the end.

He was high sticked but it was a follow thru. He laid on the ice and seemed to be waiting for the ref to call it. The Russians scored and it looked, from the TV, that the Czechs were fuming at Krecji for milking it.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
That is fair. The refs screwed up but I blame Krecji just as much.

I feel his teammate's reaction spoke volumes. Not one of his teammates came over to help him up. His goalie seems to be yelling at him. His teammates seem to be saying "Dude, we are all dying here. We are all exhausted. We are all hurt. Don't just lie there."
I would have been more pissed at the two dudes coasting into he corner leaving the guy in the slot wide open the a guy who just got smoked in the face.

mHlnGXt9Xlnn1Qes3Vtn

Dec 9, 2011
Gord Miller @GMillerTSN
Follow up on the Rus/Czech game. A player is permitted accidental contact on a normal windup or follow through. Right call was made.

The NHL rulebook is very specific in mentioning this exemption, so it seems purposefully absent and thus not a part of the high sticking rule for the IIHF.

Very strange.

Last edited:

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

I would have been more pissed at the two dudes coasting into he corner leaving the guy in the slot wide open the a guy who just got smoked in the face.

That's true.

The Russians deserved to win but it sure was an awful way for the Czechs to lose given how hard they played. Their goalie deserved a better fate.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Game won by the refs for the Russians. Not mad, just saying facts. Hope Canada brings their another game to double digits.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
Gord Miller @GMillerTSN
Follow up on the Rus/Czech game. A player is permitted accidental contact on a normal windup or follow through. Right call was made.

Quite frankly, I trust the IIHF rulebook more than a tweet by an sports commentator, even if he is working for the almighty TSN.

Unless Gord Miller provides a Rule # or a IIHF Official / Director of Officiating as a source, I'll take the rule books side.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Czech fans complaining about the refs are out of their minds. They didnt call anything against czechs for the whole game then gave them a behind the play borderline call with 40 sec to go in the third.... The refs can t win it for you, It s called karma.

It had nothing to do with the refs or Karma.

It was a hard fought game. Someone had to win. Someone had to lose. The Czechs had their chance 4 on 3 and barely got a shot on net.

IMO, as much as I like the Czechs and wish they had won, Russia deserved the win.

rushockey

Oct 4, 2010
Calgary
www.rushockey.com
The Krecji incident at the end.

He was high sticked but it was a follow thru. He laid on the ice and seemed to be waiting for the ref to call it. The Russians scored and it looked, from the TV, that the Czechs were fuming at Krecji for milking it.

Like I said, I have nothing to comment on that except that his comment about hating Russia must have been heard by hockey gods.

Dynamo81

Mar 21, 2008
Aussie in Moscow
SNPatrickKing Patrick King
Czech F Daniel Krejci on potential opponents Russia or Sweden: "I think that Russia will be better than Sweden because Russian guys...

SNPatrickKing Patrick King
"We hate them all. I think it will be better for us. We can play better game."

He was the one lying down on Russia's goal Hope he has a good sleep.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

bruleurdeloups

Dec 24, 2011
Paris
I agree with that part but shouldn't they have blown the whistle due to the player's injury? :help:

What injury ? This diving girl just betrayed her team by going to this one person theatral act. Hope he never became professional. Good call be the refs, hockey is not a smackdown show.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Not saying Russia will win but last year Russia snuck by the Fins in the late match and had to play the early Semi Final the next day(I think it was 12 hour rest between matches). They finished that match strong and then in final came back and won.

Tiredness should not be an excuse, Russia's big players need to step up and they have to play as a team. They have done nothing all tournament. Shown some nice slick passing at times, created some nice scoring chances but the finishing product(final pass, final shot) has always been crap.

This Russia team on paper is superior to last year and only on paper.

Perhaps, but this team does not have Tarasenko. That guy was a machine last year.

Kuznetsov is really good, but not at his level IMO.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
The refereeing was pure ********, Russia should have had at least 3 or 4 PP.... Yet they call a borderline highstick with 40 sec to go in the third.... No wonder why they didn t blew the whistle after all the chances they gave the czechs.

GaryinPrague

Dec 12, 2011
It wasn't a penalty as per the rules, but the ref should of called the play dead, as it was an obvious stick to the face. Any NHL ref would of called the play dead on any puck to the face.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Game won by the refs for the Russians. Not mad, just saying facts. Hope Canada brings their another game to double digits.
:shakehead can't remember a Czech taking a loss like a man.
Well at least Krejci and Mrazek learned their lesson about keeping their mouth shut.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
:shakehead can't remember a Czech taking a loss like a man.
Well at least Krejci and Mrazek learned their lesson about keeping their mouth shut.

Mrazek about the goal:
http://hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&view=clanek&id=55231
"Byla tam jasná vysoká hůl. Říkal jsem to rozhodčímu, ale asi koukal po holkách. Přitom to viděli úplně vÅ¡ichni."

"There was an obvious high stick. I told the ref, but he was probably watching girls in the stands. Although everybody else saw that."

And he's right. You can hardly deny it. Must be awful to lose the game like that for them.

TexasCsar

Dec 24, 2011
Mrazek about the goal:
http://hokej.cz/index.php?lng=CZ&view=clanek&id=55231

"There was an obvious high stick. I told the ref, but he was probably watching girls in the stands. Although everybody else saw that."

And he's right. You can hardly deny it. Must be awful to lose the game like that for them.

Yes, sucks to be candyass and play the wrong sport. Maybe he should tryout for soccer team instead. They like that diving crap.

DanrikCarter

Jan 28, 2009
I dont understand the intelligence of people here, making up stuff as fact and then attacking others. Who in their right mind thought there was a exception for follow throughs in IIHF hockey:shakehead And because of the play and the fact there was a scoring chance right after the play should have been whisled down immediately:shakehead

Wait, what? I said the TSN guys were mistaken with what they said about the follow through rule. I agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad